Reviews for There doesn't have to be a reason
You know what, Hogwarts looks like one of the most dangerous places. What are the teachers for, seriously? And Lisa is like... solving all the problems and chaos herself. I'm slightly disappointed with the way you portrayed Lily, she seems so naive and weak in this story. Well the heroine here is Lisa so I'm not complaining much but characters other than Lisa look ... not so needed here. They look belittled sometimes. Lisa is handling too much alone and she's not even out of Hogwarts yet. How much catastrophes involving Death Eaters can occur inside the school?
I think Lisa is being a bit nosy. What Marlene feels for boys is completely her own, even if she doesn't look twice at Peter.
God I love Lisa! she's so Gryffindor. love your work by the way
SweetSunnyRose chapter 5 . 4/6/2017
Oh Remus... she doesn't fancy Sirius. She fancies you, you twat.
SweetSunnyRose chapter 2 . 4/6/2017
Well... I didn't see that coming so soon. However...I feel it won't be as easy as all that.
SweetSunnyRose chapter 1 . 4/6/2017
This seems very interesting so far. I'm intrigued. I read the first chapter of More Than a Feeling, and decided to come jump in at the beginning. I'm quite looking forward to see what comes next.
booknerds-unite1205 chapter 2 . 2/21/2017
THE ENDING OF THIS CHAPTER GIVES ME LIFE
SweetFebruarySong chapter 8 . 2/20/2016
Great chapter!
SweetFebruarySong chapter 7 . 2/20/2016
I'm just getting started with this sorry but I love it so far!
Sable Supernova chapter 3 . 12/26/2015
Opening with Remus's POV was a brave decision. On one hand, it shows us a little glimpse of what he's going through and it's a welcome new side of the story, but on the other, it takes the focus away from Lisa, who you want your audience to connect with, and gives the reader access to information she doesn't have, which lessens that connection because the reader can feel a little smug and superior to her because of the extra knowledge. I think it's a bit of a double-edged sword.

I like how you've written Lisa in the next section. She's confused, lonely and mopey, but at the same time her thoughts are still racing and she's frantically trying to come up with her next step.

I'm a little unsure, however, if having her wonder what her best friend would do in that situation and then immediately call her friend over for advice and direction doesn't devalue Lisa a little. It paints her as being below Dorcas on the social ladder, willing to bow down to Dorcas' perceived higher power, when you've shown before that their relationship is equal. We've also seen before how likely, and how willing she is to trust her own instincts and make snap decisions and go with them - we've never seen her question herself before, not like this - so I'm not sure how well it fits in with what we know of her so far.

However, the conversation between Dorcas and Lisa was wonderful. I really enjoyed how quick Dorcas was to tell her off for sulking - I guess this is the Slytherin in Dorcas coming out! Not afraid to go after what she wants and adamant that no one else should be, either. I guess this is part of what makes the two of them so close - they're both very passionate about things, though their reasons differ.

Oh, that was a cute little addition, Lily's attitude towards James beginning to change :P

The letter from Lisa was very... Lisa! Haha, I can think of no other way to describe it :) I thought the singing vegetation was a very unique and creative touch, too!

I was a little hesitant with that ending, though. As heart-warming as it was, we all know how Remus felt about his lycanthropy and it feels a little whimsical and OOC for him to throw that aside and agree to be friends with her again. There were reasons why he shut her out, because she was too close for comfort etc, and they haven't gone away, so I can't help but wonder what changed.

Looking forward to reading the next chapter!
Sable Supernova chapter 2 . 12/26/2015
Firstly, this whole chapter is centred, and I don't know if you meant it to be, but it makes it rather difficult to read.

Moving on, I really liked your descriptions of the weather, and the feeling of freedom Lisa experiences on a broom. They were very much like a welcome breath of fresh air, so well done on your writing there.

I like the description of James, too, and how he's grown up over the past year. Not quite grown up enough yet for Lily, but he's getting there xD

Sirius here was just perfect. There are no other words. I really, really enjoyed the energy and vibrancy of this chapter. Honestly, it's exactly the kind of writing about the Marauders I just love to read, the kind that has me smiling and, near the end, close to tears. I don't know how you've managed it, but you've got me emotionally hooked on Lisa already, and in just two chapters. I can already tell this is a story I'm going to love.

I liked that she just ran straight into the altercation with no hesitation, it was such a Gryffindor move and very in character for her. I loved her decision not to question, too, though I'm not sure how long that'll last when she starts seeing more hints and clues as to what the secret is.

I liked how her babbling, which I'm assuming is a bit of a character trait of hers that we'll see more of, brought Remus out of his defence and back to his true self. It was a moment of genuine-ness that really made me smile.

And finally she breaks, and it all comes out in true Gryffindor, hot-headed style. I love it xD I suppose, in the end there, she got half an answer, but she's probably got even more questions now!
Sable Supernova chapter 1 . 12/26/2015
Firstly, I really love the easy, good-natured relationship you open with between the two girls, Lisa and Dorcas. It's a really light-hearted, welcoming way to open and the topic of their conversation helps to create intrigue in the reader. It's really strong and immediately makes me want to read on.

I love your characterisations of these two, it's very easy to see what makes them such good friends, because the dynamics are so well balanced and carefree. I am, at the moment, not seeing anything particularly Slytherin about Dorcas, though she is displaying some Gryffindor bull-headedness in this chapter, so that's something I'll be looking out for.

Kettleburn's characterisation was a little disappointing, if I'm honest, as it felt a little like you'd just given Hagrid a new name, but I understand you can't create a fully three dimensional supporting cast so it's really not a big issue, just something I noticed.

I am really curious as to why Remus is acting that way. I think it's really subtle and well-written, the way you've done it. I think the answer is perhaps in your description, but I'm pretending I don't know that for the time being :)

I like that Lisa confronted him about it - it's a very Gryffindor thing to do, and already it seems like it's a very 'Lisa' thing to do!

That final section, I think, works really well in terms of setting up the characterisations and scenarios/relationships. You start with the two best friends alone in class and we understand how they work together, and here you introduce Frank and Lily, which gives us an even better and broader picture of things, and of how the dynamics change when there are different people in the mix.

I really, really love that last line, too!
GeekyLola chapter 1 . 11/7/2015
I'm sorry this one is a bit late. But I'm excited to start this story from the beginning.
It's interesting to see this story start. The relationship between Dorcas and Lisa is clearly revealed here but I'm wondering...though because of what I know from the third installment of this story I can guess, who got sorted into which house? I'm thinking Dorcas is a Slytherin...I mean she was so quick to attempt to hex Remus for hurting her friend.
So I was right then? Because if the Gryffindors are making their way to Herbology and Dorcas was making her way to Defense then she has to be the one in Slytherin.
I like the friendship you set up right out of the gate. You also do a good job giving us just a bit of backstory without drowning us in it. From just the glimpses of previous years we know how close Dorcas and Lisa are. We know Lisa is at least on good terms with Remus, if not all the Marauders. This is something that you could have easily swamped us in backstory for but you managed to not do that.
Why are all the Care of Magical Creature professors obsessed with dangerous creatures? You'd think at least one of them would know what's dangerous and what's safe.
This is another great section for setting a scene and presenting a relationship that's not all tell. I think you have the canon characters we know, like Remus and Slughorn well in character and I like how you're developing and letting us get to know your OC, Lisa.
I really like how you've portrayed Frank Longbottom and it's so nice to see him before all the torture and stuff. He seems very much like how I'd imagine him to be as well. I also appreciate how you note that Slytherin/Gryffindor relationships, platonic or romantic, were not as unusual before all the mess with Voldemort. People sometimes forget that when we see Slytherin and Gryffindors in the books it's after a great many Slytherins joined the Death Eaters and killed lots of innocent people...so of course they have a bad reputation. But just like not all Gryffindors are good, not all Slytherins are bad and the acceptance Dorcas receives from other Gryffindors like Frank, goes a long way to show that Gryffindors knew that too at one point.
Well, Frank called it...but I must admit that Lily felt a bit OOC to me. I do understand that it's AU so I won't question why she's still not friendly at least with James after he helped her when Snape said that horrible word, but it was a bit shocking to see is all. She seemed a bit petty to be honest. But maybe the subject is still raw.
Other than that, I think this was a nice introduction to this OC and her life. It was a great way to introduce friendships and get us settled into exactly what's going on during this time. Well done.
SuperMegaFoxyAwesomeHot2001 chapter 23 . 11/2/2015
I can't wait to read More Than A Feeling! I loved this story, truly I did. Thank you for bringing it into creation.
And thanks for listening and replying to my reviews from 4 am where I wasn't making coherent sense. XD
SuperMegaFoxyAwesomeHot2001 chapter 22 . 11/2/2015
Awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww! Adorable, adorable, adorable!

Aside from the romantic adorableness of this chapter, I was very scared. Lisa... it's going to be very difficult to go home, even if she is with Remus. Despite this chapter being quite intense, it's my favourite. It just captures the message of Lisa's life - she's a Gryffindor and that's a huge part of her, she'd do anything for her friends, she's brave - that's been proven, she's loving but she's not perfect, she's rash (running straight into the woods, is she crazy? Though when someone you love is in danger there's not much to think about other than to save them), she lives in a world of darkness but she doesn't let it consume her. She fights back, she's strong even though she can be weak, she's found her light in the darkness and I just... if only all novel's could have a role model like her. What do we get instead? "Heroines" that do nothing apart from stringing two boys along at once and not making a decision, ones that are cowardly or stupid or give up. What the hell is with this generation's YA novels? I get annoyed about it, I really do. I want more Elizabeth Bennet type characers, more Hermione Grangers and more Lisa Fawleys.