Reviews for Echoes in Eternity
Malyx Blackfyre chapter 3 . 4/11
Isn't he married?
Mikkalea Luna chapter 4 . 8/21/2014
Hi!
I think your story (and the sequel) is very well written and I enjoyed every minute of it!
The only nitpick I have is that the breaks don't seem to work, so that there is no sign that a scene ends and a new one begins. (but it didn't really slow my reading or made it less enjoyable :-D )

I loved the movie, but I was never completely satisfied with it because I wanted things to happen different... So when I found your story I was very happy because you wrote exactly what I wanted to happen :-)
EAnna23je chapter 4 . 1/20/2013
Excellently written story and a fitting alternate take on what Gladiator could have been. Of all the fics I looked through in this category, yours is the best. So thanks for writing it and I'm looking forward to reading the sequel!
Beloved Daughter chapter 4 . 8/7/2012
Great story. Thanks for writing and sharing! Just wonder what the modern world would look like if the Roman Empire came into the hands of Maximus instead of Commodus. The world would be forever changed...
Kronos chapter 4 . 7/26/2012
please continue this!
Hahukum Konn chapter 4 . 4/19/2009
Ran across this while looking for other fics. :)

I like this interesting AU look at how the events of "Gladiator" would have played out with a few shifts of sequence. Rome would still have fallen eventually, but perhaps a little more gently and with a little less burden on the ordinary people at the time.

A good story. :)
Valandhir chapter 1 . 2/26/2009
Looking around in your stories, I found this. An interessting idea, and I am curious how you spun it on. There is only one small nitpick I have. You used the term Spaniard/Spanish for Maximus. The Romans called Spain Iberia, and thus he'd be an Iberian. But that isn't a big deal.
Spaceape chapter 4 . 1/5/2009
Hey,

this story is great!

you are a very talented writer.

funny thing is I always wondered what would have happened if Maximus came into the tent when Commudus was killing his father, you just answered this :D

again, great story

spaceape
corrupted-innocent chapter 4 . 12/28/2008
I just wanted to tell you how happy I am that this story is still online to read. I re-watched Gladiator earlier today with my brother, and I realized about ten minutes into it that I honestly couldn't remember exactly how the movie went- because I've read your version so many times that the movie had ceased to be canon to me. And of course, at the end of the movie, the first thing I did was come back and read Echoes in Eternity again. If that doesn't show you how much I love your story, then I don't know how I can say it. So, quite simply: thank you.

c.i.
WarriorDrgnMage chapter 4 . 11/6/2007
This was a very good story! I have always loved Gladiator but I also always knew it to be a tragedy of the saddest kind. You have a remarkable talent for writing AlternateUniverses. I'm off to read the sequel to this marvelous story.

NLW
sKribe chapter 4 . 6/18/2007
This is one of my favourite AUs. Love the Lucilla/Maximus history. I've read your other stories (accidentally in the wrong order) and I must say that I've enjoyed them all. A bit sad that Quintus has to die. Maybe you can work on the relationship between Maximus' new wife and sister, that would be an interesting story.
sockenfresser42 chapter 4 . 3/31/2007
OMG, I absolutely love your story! It almost made me cry...

I like how you solved the situation with Commodus, I appreciate that you didn't just let him disappear completely.

I also enjoyed the love story between Lucilla and Maximus, you did a wonderful job in describing their feelings.

There's only one thing that disturbed me a bit, and that's the language. "I think it's cool" does not seem to be a fitting response of a child in that time. It might be the fact that I love to read that beautiful, old language, but this somehow did not sound right. Other than that you did, in my opinion, a really good job as language is concerned.

I especially liked how you portrayed the relationship between Maximus and the Emperor. I have to admit, I always tend to love these strong father-son/friendship-relationships, because of some very personal reasons. You managed to describe this special type of love very well, I could basically feel the warmth of their emotions. And I certainly appreciate that you didn't turn them into teary-eyed softies.

I loved the movie, because it's full of sentimentality and drama and tragic heroes. I loved your story because of the same reasons. And I had always wondered "what if..."

Thank you for giving me such an enjoyable answer.

You made me cry. And you made me smile. Thank you for that.

Vale,

sockie
jenchan13 chapter 4 . 12/18/2006
god, i love this fic. *sigh* so, so perfect; everything that i ever wanted out of gladiator. aah...
Stoneage Woman chapter 4 . 1/4/2006
What we do in life...echoes in eternity. That's what the ellipes was for right?

This story rocks! Again, the language is not very Roman. I mean, horny? Cool? Medic? But that is all forgiveable, you right very VERY well.

VERY WELL. You hear that? This is going on my faves again. I'm reading the sequel to this fic.
Stoneage Woman chapter 1 . 1/1/2006
You rock. Seriously, hats off to you. I don't know too many authors who write this well.
46 | Page 1 2 3 .. Last Next »