Reviews for Which Dreams to Follow, and Which to Leave Behind
Beloved Daughter chapter 8 . 8/7/2012
Another great Gladiator story that I thoroughly enjoyed! Thanks for writing and posting!
kyjori chapter 1 . 7/11/2012
Why are your stories so well written? Must be something in the water. Brilliant writing!
Spaceape chapter 8 . 1/9/2009
you are such a gifted writer! I can't stop reading your stories! too bad I don't like Harry Potter that much and don't know Doctor Who! can't you write some more gladiator stories? that would be great!

this is just another great work of yours!

keep it up!
panther queen chapter 8 . 6/8/2004
This is great! You really have gotten into the

characters' heads.

I read this entire fic nonstop this morning,

and I liked the entire context of the story.

It has a great plot, and it makes for a much

happier ending than the movie Gladiator.

*sniffles* *starts bawling*

Anyway, I highly recommend your story to anyone,

and I hope to R & R any other stories you have

posted on . You really do have a lot of

writing talent!
Anna M chapter 8 . 9/29/2002
Very well written and exciting. Thank you for writing this.
Anna M chapter 4 . 9/29/2002
Good twist. Desiree is a well written character.
Anna M chapter 2 . 9/29/2002
Nice action in this chapter. I like that Quintus saved him. Watching the movie I felt sorry for the poor guy.
Anna M chapter 1 . 9/29/2002
Very good so far. Interesting twists. My only nit is that I swore Quintus was the one who told Maximus that his wife and son would be killed. Of course, your story is AU, so he might not have known.

I like this story so far.
Lassiter i am signed signed i am chapter 1 . 7/30/2002
I've read a couple others of your Gladiator fics, "Marcus Writes" and the beginning of "Legacy of Rome". Impressive, I must say. I think it strikes me more because I've spent an inordinate amount of time reading bad writing in the Music Groups category, and that your quality made a sudden impact. I salute you. You write characters well, I think; they're believable and don't seem forced. Anyway, I'm off to read the rest of this story.
Matt chapter 8 . 5/3/2001
Unlike the other piece that I have read today, I found this one both excellent and horribly mis-aimed. There is too much focus on the angst-for though you're right, epics are built on these things-and not enough on honor. For if Your Maximus were truly honorable, the solution that took you so long to get to would never have happened because vents would have played out differently (and far earlier). In military parlins, he would have made a strategic withdrawal from a word given under duress. Great characters, and terrible politics/strategy, and Maximus would have been the first to tell you so.
Joanne chapter 8 . 2/9/2001
Robin:

Wow! You have done a magnificent job! You said you had talent to get into the heads of the characters. You get into their souls. The story carried the same depth of emotion and meaning, if not more than the movie. Incredible! I hope you continue writing. I'd like to read much more from you! Let me know where I can find it! Thank you!

JO
Guest chapter 8 . 2/3/2001
dis waw a good story... i lub it...
Alien Angie chapter 8 . 1/31/2001
Nice work. i like the way that you wrapped it up. Its kind of crushing though that Rome failed as a republic (poor max!) this is brilliant though (thanks for the history lesson!)

Oh, by the way, I love the line: "The dream of Rome is still alive.

We Live in the Hearts of Those We Leave Behind." its kinda cool.
Alien Angie chapter 7 . 1/31/2001
Wow. Im so glad you finished it, it is amazing (but im gonna miss checking daily for the next part!) I think that this is your best story yet. In a way, Id have loved maximus to stay and be emperor, but he would never have wanted that.

Well done. Cant wait until you get some more out now! he he!
Louise chapter 8 . 1/30/2001
Great! I loved it! The storyline was great! )