Reviews for Holy War
ZooFan chapter 95 . 9/12/2021
Nooooooooooo! Bad bunny alert! He is getting the full might of my naughty hammer! Though besides that this was a very exciting chapter but I do feel worry for the team that’s heading for the arcane ruins it kinda seems like their getting the short end of the stick with both lucemon and barbamon, plus corrupted bunny on the way
Jorssen 2 chapter 94 . 8/16/2021
Schism was the appropriate name for this chapter because that is because that is exactly what is happening. Cherubimon is a very good Digimon and is pure of heart, just like Victory Greymon, Sleipmon, and Angemon. He wants to try to reason with his enemies rather than going to war with them. For example, he wants to reason with the Demon Lords rather than fighting them like Seraphimon wants to. And while Seraphimon is being a jerk about it and is letting his emotions control him, but he is correct about the Demon Lords. The Demon Lords have caused too much death and destruction and are all infinitely beyond reasoning with and sending a diplomat to them will end badly, for it will result in the diplomat's torture and slow and painful death. Reasoning with the Demon Lords is useless because they are all have made it perfectly clear that they will see their goals through to the bitter end. And even Ophanimon, the Archangel of mercy agress with Seraphimon. Should someone who represents mercy agree with the Archangel of Justice that war is the only option, then I need to say no more. And while Leviamon did defect, it isn't because he is suddenely repentant and wants to atone for what he did, he ONLY defected because he was tired of being treated like garbage by the other Demon Lords, and even then Leviamon wasn't sorry for what he's done, even when both Dukemon and Gankoomon call him out on what he had done, only got super defensive and retored that Barbamon and Lucemon ordered him to do it, and should Leviamon apologize for the Night of Falling Stars, it would be him rolling his eyes and lying through his teeth, sarcastically saying that he is sorry (when in reality, he isn't sorry at all). Anyway, the Demon Lords have all astablished themselves as Black and White (Grey in Bagramon's case) villians. And all of the other factions, including the Royal Knights have decided that they need to destroy/kill the Demon Lords or it'll be the entire Digital World and everybody gets serevely hurt or dies, not a hard choice. I know and sympathise with Cherbuimon's intentions, but we all know that we are all beyond diplomacy, and war is really the only option they have. Plus Yggdrasil has deemed Bagramon and the Demon Lords as creational-level threats, which Alphamon and Omegamon have agreed with, the Demon Lords must die, otherwise they will destroy everything, especially with that Bagramon is planning.

With the climax of Cherubimon planning on going to reason with the Demon Lords himself, I can sense Cherubimon Vice is coming, like how Darkknightmon courrupted Omegamon into becoming Omegamon Zwart, I can see either Bagramon or Lucemon somehow courrpting Cherubimon into his dark form, Cherubimon Vice. Keep up the great work, things are really getting intresting.
Cosmic Sky chapter 94 . 8/14/2021
This chapter’s title immediately had me curious and worried. Turns out that I was right to be. Personally, I feel like you could have named this chapter, “Trouble in Paradise”.

It was nice that you focused on the angelic Digimon in the Sky Colonies and how they’re handling things. Said handling, on the other hand...is quite troubling. The first bit established Sleipmon and Cherubimon as kindred spirits, and showed a little more of their backstories, namely Cherubimon’s before he became one of the Three Great Angels. It also served a prelude to what was coming next. Both of them are the pacifists of their respective factions who would prefer diplomacy to violence; unfortunately, that isn’t always an option.

And that’s what this chapter showed. Sleipmon had his arc where he had to come to grips with his ideals and the realities of the world he lived in. Cherubimon’s on paper would be the same...but his situation is radically different and heading int a darker direction.

Thanks to the last dozens of chapters in which you focused on the Demon Lords...Seraphimon comes out more in the right. This chapter puts a new and somewhat dark spin on SlashAngemon’s attack as we now know it was somewhat unauthorized, quite a bit of rule-breaking for the faction of angelic ruler-followers.

Back to the argument in question. This chapter had so much dramatic irony it could fill an ocean. Cherubimon wants to keep on trying diplomacy, but as we all know...we’re beyond that, the Demon Lords are WAY beyond talking things out. Even if he is being a jerk about it, Seraphimon has a point in that war is now the only option, and Ophanimon knows that. When the Angel of Mercy says war is now the only option left...well, that’s a bad sign. Maybe Seraphimon is letting his emotions color his views, but those views aren’t utterly wrong. Too much damage has been done, the other factions, specifically the Royal Knights, have already decided that the Demon Lords are a threat they’ll have to fight and delete, or else it’ll be the whole Digital World.

All that knowledge in hand, it makes Cherubimon come off as tragically naive, albeit some of this information he isn’t privy to. The biggest example being Leviamon, who defected not really out of moral constraints, but because he was tired of being the Demon Lord’s butt monkey. And even his defection is suspect as NO ONE trusts him, not even the Royal Knights. When I saw Cherubimon mention Bagramon, I immediately thought back to the Crisis of Faith arc and thought of how a conversation between them would go, not well at all. As commendable as his appeals to talking things out are, there’s no way in hell it’s going to happen.

Making things worse, Cherubimon feels like he’s been cut out of the trinity. You can argue he has, but it’s not like it’s intentional. Ophanimon and Seraphimon are just on the same line of thought, and it’s not like EITHER of them like the thought of going to war, but that’s the only option they have left. Sadly, Cherubimon refuses to see that, and from the way this chapter ends, it’s sounding like he’s about to do something reckless. Dangerously reckless. I’m both excited and terrified to see what comes next.

All around a very gripping chapter with some good character spotlights of the Three Great Angels. Ophanimon is definitely the balancing influence, albeit it’s clear she can get tired of it. Seraphimon is aggressive and direct, yet Cherubimon can be just as stubborn leading to a clash of wills she has to mediate. Poor woman’s probably left pretty exhausted from breaking them up.
elpierito3005 chapter 94 . 8/11/2021
I wonder what will Cherubimon think when he finds out Yggdrasill (and therefore the Royal Knights, the only people he thinks ) decided to exterminate the Seven Great Demon Lords, since he thought that the Royal Knights were the only ones who would agree to reach a peaceful (I mean not-kill everyone) solution
Caidezes chapter 94 . 8/11/2021
Looks like we're gearing up for a corrupted Cherubimon later on. A Digimon classic, though all three archangels seem to fall from grace pretty often. Haha.
HighTide67 chapter 94 . 8/9/2021
I dont think I've ever reviewed this story, so ill start now.
I am LOVING this story, and it Is only getting better. Reading this has gotten me more into digimon then ever before, so glad that this story exists.

I think we all know what cherubimon is gonna transform into, loving his development in this most recent chapter.
ZooFan chapter 94 . 8/8/2021
Oh no! This is looking way to familiar to me! Quick slephmon stop him before he turns into a bad bunny!
ZooFan chapter 93 . 8/8/2021
Dang things are getting real again it seems
ZooFan chapter 92 . 8/8/2021
Oh my god I love Hex! And he was magnmon father this whole time I sure I didn’t see that coming. Though I do wonder is their some sort of media out their that says he has a big ego like his? Not that I have a problem with it, it works well with his character. It’s just that another fanfic I’ve read gives him almost the same personality so I’m wondering if I’m missing something
ZooFan chapter 90 . 8/8/2021
Ohhhhh lots of interesting stuff happening in this chapter. I do wonder what Dukemon connection is to Levi. I can’t wait to read what happens next
Clearwing Yuta chapter 94 . 8/8/2021
Great chapter! Plz, just don't make Cherubimon go evil like in Digimon Frontier.
ZooFan chapter 89 . 8/8/2021
Phhhh I love how you keep Alphamons taste in coffee a thing! Honestly though your right in that this trait should be canon to the actual Digimon lore. Besides that everything here was great
ZooFan chapter 87 . 8/8/2021
Awwwww poor everyone, can’t have a victory all the time. I wonder how they will recover
ZooFan chapter 86 . 8/8/2021
Hey sorry for not reading your newer chapter sooner, but I will say this was an awesome chapter. This was definitely a better moment for Jesmon to digivolve!
Cosmic Sky chapter 93 . 7/10/2021
Jesmon certainly got to meet some big names this chapter, didn't he?

It was cute how in spite of having reached his highest form and possessing a wellspring of potential game breaking power, Jesmon's still the same kind and dorky fanboy we've all come to know and love. This chapter very much showed that he's an Ascended fanboy in the presence of the Digital World's strongest and most respected authority figures, and he's got a lot to handle as he learns to be a Royal Knight.

Qinglongmon felt a lot like he does in the anime, the wise and powerful but mysteriously distant big good to the heroes. I can somewhat understand where he's coming from about the major powers trying to hold off getting involved, though I feel like his hand is going to end up being forced (especially since he now knows the Orb of Yang has been stolen). The war on the horizon is shaping up to be one that's going to encompass multiple factions, rather they like it or not. It's not like he gave the worst possible answer, he did say he'll give his support, albeit in an indirect manner until things are at their absolute worst.

Ah...Jesmon met God, or at least the closest thing to God in the Digital World. I gotta say, you once again showed some great work in painting a picture of the Digital World and its characters and locations. The Chasm of Creation was brilliantly described as was the Hall of Yggdrasil, which was equal parts majestic and creepy. Given Yggdrasil's past anime incarnations (including X-Evolution), I can say I was a little nervous in reading the big meeting, but it went...well, or as well as it could have. At least Jesmon's been officially acknowledged.

Whelp, Alphamon and Omegamon will now know that something's up with Dukemon, who won't be able to keep his...talk with Megidramon a secret for much longer. With all the forces at play, yeah, the Digital Hazard's definitely going to be acting up, which could be an unwanted surprise for the Royal Knights. In his own way, Yggdrasil's warning them about it so it WON'T be a surprise that catches them off-guard and costs them, and everyone else. The question is how will they take this news? It's not like they'll want to alienate Dukemon, but they can't just outright ignore Yggdrasil's warning. Yet another interesting development that I'm sure will play a part in the coming conflicts.
528 | « Prev Page 1 2 3 4 5 12 .. Last Next »