Reviews for The Truth, Actually
Guest chapter 1 . 9/14/2020
to quote kirk: I LOVE LUKE DANES!
amollie71 chapter 1 . 6/29/2018
I wish this was how it had really gone in show. You even made me not hate Nicoke, one and only time.
JavaJunkieGermany chapter 1 . 10/29/2017
Awwwwww how cute!
Now that was just a cure for a shitty day.
So so sweet!
Thank you for warming my heart!
Amazing story!
Guest chapter 1 . 1/11/2015
awesome story as usual. I never miss a story from you or deepfriedcake!
junienmomo chapter 1 . 1/11/2015
So many years of Christmases the canon never address.
I'm glad you did. It was better than canon.
LG chapter 1 . 1/1/2015
Wonderful story! Loved it!
javajunkieobsessed chapter 1 . 1/1/2015
omg the 2004 christmas was perfect! so cute and fluffy my heart was aching
and of course the 2006 was adorable!
great story overall, hope you had a merry christmas and happy new year!
javajunkie86 chapter 1 . 12/31/2014
You have a gift for writing some incredible Luke and Lorelai stories. I enjoyed the flashbacks of Luke revealing a bit himself at Christmas time. The truth can be difficult to reveal at times, but it also can be rewarding. Oh a new little baby on the way, is the best Christmas ever for Luke I am sure. Great job!
deepfriedcake chapter 1 . 12/31/2014
First off, extremely brilliant story idea! It's so easy to picture this, Luke tired and depressed and sad from keeping his secret, Lorelai watching one of her favorite movies, and then the truth finally coming out as the movie plays around them.

My very favorite part is at the end, when Lorelai takes the towel and carefully dries Luke's hands. For the moment she's done with her teasing and goading. They have a good thing, they're happy together, and she wants him to acknowledge with her that Christmas for him is now forever changed to pure happiness. So lovely.

I know you've got plenty to write already, and lots of other ideas floating around too, but it would make me so happy if you'd consider writing a whole Luke and Jess story someday. The section in this story between the two of them was absolutely fantastic! Funny, and touching, and man, do I want more!

It pains me to agree with Nicole, but yes, I too have always thought that there's a lot of George Bailey in Luke Danes.

I love the way he told her he loved her for the first time. I love the way he was finally able to tell her the truth about April, because he knew she loved him and he could trust her. I love that you 'fixed' the whole April problem. I love that they got married on June 3rd. I love this story, and I'm awfully fond of you, too.

The End
chants chapter 1 . 12/30/2014
I love this story, actually. :)

Every year, a couple of my friends (you may have heard of Jewels and Mags) simul-watch Love, Actually right before Christmas. It's become one of my favorite traditions. :)

Sad Luke made me sad, because unfortunately I know his pain.

Maisey was great, and Nicole was meh, and even Jess was ok.

Fun story, and happy holidays to you!
Nancy chapter 1 . 12/30/2014
Thanks much for your Christmas story. I love the fact that it is about Luke, his evolution to full-blown love for Christmas. Thanks so much for taking us down memory lane with Luke and his Christmases - past, present, and future. I had never thought of this sequence before: and, now it is so crystal clear because of your very good effort. I admire Luke for his personal growth. I was struck by his understanding that Christmas is a time to tell the truth, to come clean, and then he tells Lorelai about April. But this Christmas is so special (loved the description of Lorelai's gift to Luke, the stick all wrapped up with a bow - just delightful!) and next Christmas will be even better. So joyful - the spirit of Christmas lives on! Thanks so much for writing and sharing. Love your work.
Jewels12 chapter 1 . 12/30/2014
If I took a picture of my face right now, you would see the biggest, toothiest, mega-watt grin you've ever seen in your life! I adored this story! Now let me break it down and tell you why...

First, I love that you had them watching Love, Actually. That movie is a gem among gems. Such a clever premise for a story too, to reveal the truth at Christmas. The flashbacks were so wonderfully written.

Christmas makes Luke sad, and when he opened up and confessed that to Lorelai, her response was so soft and sincere. She touched his hand and said she understood. Perfect simplicity.

The scene with Jess was fabulous. It makes so much sense that he'd take comfort in a family member being around for the holidays.

His conversation with Maisie Dynamite. Freaking awesome.

You made me not hate Nicole. No easy feat, my friend.

"And the truth is that you make me happy, you make Christmas fun again, and I love you." OH. EM. GEE. Not crying. Not crying.

They're married, she's preggers, and she got him to admit he loves Christmas. This might be the happiest day of my life! One thing's for certain: this is one of the BEST festive fics I've ever read! Thank you so much for writing this. I'm adding it to my favourites! Happy Holidays and Happy New Year! :)
lulu1960 chapter 1 . 12/30/2014
Awww. That was really good. I love the glimpses of Luke's past Christmases. You chose canon pieces and made them your own. The procession from F&S, Jess knocking the head off the snowman from Bracebridge, even using the bit about Joanna Cooper.
Bravo for having Luke tell Lorelai about April and having his next Christmas be full of joy.