Reviews for All shall fade
Elvishempress chapter 1 . 2/8/2016
WELL IF YOUR GOAL WAS TO MAKE ME CRY THEN YOU SUCCEEDED.
Ani-maniac494 chapter 1 . 2/14/2015
Absolutely wonderful fic. Heartbreaking and poignant. :)

Ani-maniac494
vlnelson55 chapter 1 . 2/6/2015
Wow, powerful! I don't know if I can come to like Fili's death like you did. But probably the worst thing about it was, I felt he was tossed away like yesterday's garbage and no one mourning over him. Fili deserved better.
sorrellkaren chapter 1 . 1/15/2015
This is my favorite scene in the movie. When Dwalin stands tall and brave to guard his fallen King as the company pays their final respects on Ravenhill. I cried like a baby, wretched sobs for all that they had lost and all they had yet to face. You wrote Dwalin very well here. He is all warrior and badass with a heart of gold and a great love of family and friends. I too enjoyed the movie more the third time I saw it and really excepted the way Peter portrayed their deaths. It is a fitting end to each of them really. Fili protecting his nadadith by sending him away and then giving his life to warn Thorin of the coming army. Kili avenging his brother and protecting his love. Thorin finally killing Azog and protecting his remaining kin from the orc who is bound to kill them all. Tolkien was a brilliant writer and the book is a master piece. However for the sake of the movies I respect what was done and the characters were still all protecting each other in a very real sense. Great story.
Oblivian03 chapter 1 . 1/15/2015
I especially like the part where he realises that Kili is dead. It makes complete sense and fits in with the two brothers. I also liked his fear about Balin's fate. The rest of this one shot was good as well. :) It was short and sweet, and it seems we both agree that someone (Dwalin) would move Kili and Fili to be side by side sometime after the battle.
Pericula Ludus chapter 1 . 1/11/2015
This is absolutely perfect! Just how I imagined it! Thank you so much for writing this lovely fic.
I particularly like how Dwalin's connection stretches back to their childhood, that he has been there for them at the beginning and he's there for them at the end. The scene between Balin and Dwalin at the end is absolutely heartwrenching. Especially when thinking about Moria. Oh poor, poor Dwalin...
Kate chapter 1 . 1/3/2015
thank you so much! this is what was missing from the movie. I love Fili he is my favorite and I felt the same as you that it seemed so quick and that it did seem like no one cared for him at the end. Thank you for having Dwalin care for him and for putting him back with his brother which i also missed.
Guest chapter 1 . 1/1/2015
Your words are so true, I could care less about Tauril crying about Kili, she shouldn’t have been there in the first place. But Fili was just totally ignored and not even a funeral for the boys and Thorin that I hated this movie.
Mjean chapter 1 . 12/30/2014
Very nicely done.
Booksnake3 chapter 1 . 1/1/2015
How do you always make me cry? :'o
Maigleggal chapter 1 . 1/1/2015
I haven't felt brave enough to read this story until now. And now I want to kiss you!
Finally I was able to cry over Fíli's, Kíli's and Thorin's deaths! Something I wasn't able when watching BoFA. Sounds crazy, but I'm so relieved I can cry at last! I was really distraught over beeing so irresistible over their deaths while watching the movie. After grieving so hard last year, it just didn't seem right and I felt so poor about it. I want to thank you for sharing our grief during this last year, for understanding the craziness to mourn over fictional characters and for building up a friendship.
Thank you so much for all your stories, in which you gave so many dwarfs a real personality. We could glimpse this personalities in the movies, but you made them feel real. I adore you for letting us in the thoughts and feelings of not only Fili, Kili and Thorin, but for sharing Dwalin, Ori, Balin, Bofur and Dis as well. As I said before, I love your dwarfs!
So it needed grumpy, gruffy old Dwalin with his big heart for me to end in tears!
We have a sunny New Years Day and now I'm going for a long walk in the snow, finally making peace with BoFA!
Happy New Year!
NeonTanzy chapter 1 . 12/31/2014
I cannot explain how much I love you and hate you right now. I can't begin to imagine what it was like for you writing this, but I can honestly say that as a reader this was probably the most heart-wrenching, soul-crushing yet exquisite piece of writing on this bloody site. I'm not even exaggerating; as soon as I've finished this I'm going to curl up in a ball for a very, very long time and just continue crying like a baby. Normally, I would want to hug poor, poor Dwalin but the way in which you wrote him- which was realistic and absolutely brilliant, by the way- made me realise that a hug couldn't take away his pain. What makes it worse is that Dwalin goes on to live for over 300 years old, which made this even more devastating to know that he'd carry this agony and guilt for, probably, the rest of his life. I have to say, although I still have lots of issues with BotFA, I'm glad that you've come to love it so! Now, I know I say this a lot, but I wish you were helping to write this movie and I'm still praying (most likely in vain) that something like this will make it into the EE. I mean, PJ built up and gave so many of the dwarves potential which he didn't fulfil and angered me... something that you have done in all of your Hobbit fics for a year now. Again, I've said it loads of times, but thank you so, so, so much for writing what you write, and for this treasure in particular, and I'm so glad that I discovered you here on this site because you're an awesome writer and a lovely, kind person. I really look forward to seeing more of your beautiful work! You're amazing!
TolkienGeek1 chapter 1 . 12/31/2014
This was beautifully written. I really wish it had ended like this. I have a feeling you might be like me, one who hates Tauriels role in the movie. They took away from what could have been a much better death scene. You know what happened in the book right? Fili and Kili dying as they defend their fallen uncle. So much better than the movie. I do love the movie and I want to see it again, but I wish the deaths were better. Okay. Rant over. :) Sorry about that.
emmakmc chapter 1 . 12/31/2014
Aww this is fantastic. The film did not do justice to the deaths of the Durins, This is exactly what I would have wanted to see. We can only hope for the extended version. Thankyou for this it was beautifully done!
jaymzNshed chapter 1 . 12/30/2014
I cried... this story was so bittersweet (in my opinion). I loved it!