Reviews for Learning To Fly
I really enjoyed this story. Good job! I love 1987 Donatello! :D
Never Ending Nightmare chapter 1 . 5/17
This is written very well! I think you mainaged to accurately write how lil Donnie is!
FearlessLeader-Leonardo chapter 1 . 7/21/2016
Awww! Donnie is just too cute XD
Guest chapter 1 . 6/23/2016
This is so sweet awww
turtlesketches chapter 1 . 3/30/2016
Would just like to say your 1987 tmnt works are the most accurate representation of the boys from that era that I've ever seen; I could hear their voices so clearly in my head. You really nailed their dialogue and interactions. 3 Thank you for these wonderful stories.
Firebird Scratches chapter 1 . 4/4/2015
Really cool! It almost makes me wonder if maybe Donnie is on the spectrum? A genius, but has trouble understanding boundaries, social scenarios, and figures of speech? That'd be a really interesting angle to explore! Well, regardless, I love what you've done with this :) Lil' Donnie is so sweet and Master Splinter was very thoughtful in the way he handled the situation. Great job!
Lexifer666 chapter 1 . 3/25/2015
This was adorable! Aww tot Donnie and his airplane, my gawd XD
Aeryn Lavanthia chapter 1 . 3/11/2015
Adorable!
Shadow'sDelight chapter 1 . 2/17/2015
Wow! This is really good!
Poetique823 chapter 1 . 1/23/2015
Awww, I love this! Donnie's my favorite and you did an excellent job of writing him as 'turtle tot.' He is so much more different than his brothers, and you carefully showed this. To be so brilliant and not be able to truly express it without ridicule is truly sad and I could feel Donnie's uncertainty and isolation with this story. This was a nice Splinter and little Donnie moment. I thoroughly enjoyed it! :)
Kittyfan12 chapter 1 . 1/15/2015
Awwww! I lve it! You did such a great job with the characters and their interactions and it was so sweet of Splinter to do that for Donnie. My favorite part has to be the last line It's so adorable and imspirational, ya know?

KeepOnWriting
Guest chapter 1 . 1/3/2015
I teared up a little at the end while reading Splinter's note to his young genius son. Lovely little story-very well done!
SleepingSeeker chapter 1 . 1/3/2015
Oh this was just great! I could picture it all in my mind as I read it very clearly, especially the part where little Mikey and Leo were peeking and Donnie admitted that he thought he could make the toy 'better'. He was too cute and Splinter was exactly right. How he figured out what Donnie was struggling with and how he helped him.
When my dad was little, he built model planes and even as a young man, he'd spend his limited free time making them and setting them up to hang from fishing wire in our attic in the city. He hasn't made any in years and years, but this story reminded me of that :)

Happy New Year!
BubblyShell22 chapter 1 . 1/1/2015
Awesome story. I liked the conversation between Splinter and Donnie and how Splinter realized they had to nurture Don's gift. This is a great explanation for how he receives the model airplanes and how it all begins. Nicely done on this.

The Bubbly One,
Shell
Magpiebee chapter 1 . 1/1/2015
Such a cute story! I think you captured Donnie pretty well! I also think the simple narration you went with here suited the story as well.
I love your writing- I can't wait to read more of your stories in the future!