Reviews for Judging Distances
Dustyn chapter 1 . 11/18/2012
Beautiful!
missgrey137 chapter 1 . 2/11/2010
hahaha... I LOVED LOVED LOVED this story. Simply brilliant. And you're right about George... he's just more daring than Jon ever would be. ;)
KrisEleven chapter 1 . 11/28/2009
Wow. I really, really liked this! A completely original take on their dynamic and one that you executed brilliantly. I noted no structural flaws throughout the story, and was really pulled in by your description of the action (both physical and mental). The ending was extremely powerful.

Very very well done. Thanks for the excellent read!

KrisEleven
Eden Lies chapter 1 . 4/12/2009
A masterpiece. I love the tension and the overall mood of your story.
zebrasdancing chapter 1 . 3/12/2009
cool
Only Secret chapter 1 . 12/19/2008
Wow. The last line was amazing.

I think it summed up everything that made Alanna choose George in the end - and she probably didn't know these reasons either! The intensity of the rivalry (which will probably last their entire life in secrecy - because I honestly think Alanna refusing Jon will forever be a sore spot deep down for someone as proud as Jon) is staggering. The fic itself is simple but complicated if one look deep enough and shows the delicate balance between the three friends.
A. Lee chapter 1 . 12/18/2008
This is amazing for a number of reasons, which I'm sure you know. I could list them, but instead, just wanted to tell you how amazing I think it is to find a slashy moment that is /still/ all about Alanna. Because things like that make me happy.
BritKit chapter 1 . 10/26/2008
oh, god, this focuses the dynamic between these to characters so perfectly. I love it. Especially the closing, I think it just sums up the entire story and also explains why jonathan and alanna really would never work together.

I love it. Bravo.
Merkaba7734 chapter 1 . 9/6/2008
Wow. I really love how this story shows the differences between Jon and George's feelings for Alanna. I have to say I loved the last line.
Infallible.Mirage chapter 1 . 2/27/2008
Strong, powerful, and a very good connection between fighting with love and with daggers. And then I read the last line. Surprisingly enough, it didn't ruin the mood of the story, or at least didn't change it awkwardly, so that in itself is amazing. Great work.
emuroo chapter 1 . 2/8/2008
This was really good. And interesting. I'd never thought of it this way before.
Fyliwion chapter 1 . 11/3/2007
That's excellent. Very very well written- and absolutely lovely!
Froggy chapter 1 . 4/30/2007
I realise this fanfic was written a while ago, but I liked it so much you tricked me into reviewing. Having recently discovered this site, I've been amazed at the number of people who don't realise how far they stray from Tammy's style. Also how bad their grammer is. I think you've stuck close to Jon' and George's personalities. The twist at the end showed a certain amount of creative thinking and is probably true as far as the actual charaters go. One thing I think you need to work on is listening to daily dialogue, in the real world, as well as paying a bit more attention to how George speaks. His dialect (though perhaps not the best way to put that) - but his expression is a bit different. Thanks for the fic. It's good and I enjoyed it. Are there other things you've written which I could find on the net?

Good luck.

Froggy.
arianna99 chapter 1 . 11/26/2006
I love your style of portraying the two like that- it's true neither of them would ever sit down and talk about their problems, but fight it out. You also captured Jonathan really well, what with the whole not giving in thing. I also love the whole aspect about George loving Alanna as a boy too. I just wish you'd write more Tamora Pierce...
wild wolf free17 chapter 1 . 9/2/2006