Reviews for Blindness
Vault 712 chapter 37 . 11h
Brilliant chapter. An incredible take on the Hallows from a perspective that no other story can ever really take. I'm wondering if you are planning to consider the effect and consequences of becoming the Master in future chapters. And there's always that Dumbledore problem of having to solve everyone's problems.

Also, please, Please, PLEASE fix the chapter title! While the story is the important stuff, having a grammatical error in the chapter title is not good too.
wow... I pulled up a few HP fanfics and thought- these won't last me too long.

The problem was this was the first, and its so amazingly written I can't wait for more and I don't quite want to read anything else! Thank you for sharing and I hope you update soon :D
old-crow chapter 37 . 7/12
Hi,

I hope that you find the time, inspiration and inclination to finish your very fine story this year. It's a good one and deserves a proper conclusion.

All the best,

Old-Crow
TheRandyOne chapter 37 . 7/12
Just found this story a couple of days ago, and I haven’t been able to stop reading. I hope your weather is much better this year, and I definitely look forward to what is left of the story. I have marked it as a favorite so I will be notified when you post new chapters. Now I’m off to check out your other stories.

Randy
Albertasteinthe21st.genius chapter 37 . 7/10
This is absolutely /fascinating/.
HallowsHeretic chapter 1 . 7/9
You crafted such a beautiful and detailed world; I have read hundreds of stories feturing each authors own take on the deathly hallows ans the meaning of the master of death and i find this to be the most compelling and lovely. I cant wait to see how it all ends.
Southerner chapter 37 . 7/9
I shall sing your praise unto eternity. The tale you tell is captivating. It pacing and characterisation near flawless and is simply compelling in every way. Even is death I shall remember this.
HartleySkarsgard chapter 37 . 7/7
Six months since your last update, will you be coming back? This story is amazing. I love that you made the Dursleys into the family that Harry needed, and that you showed what Hogwarts was like without its champion all those years. Great stuff :)
redundantiwi chapter 37 . 7/6
Let me just start off by saying that this story has been my addiction for the past week. For months now, harmione stories have been my obsession. I’ve dedicated absurd amounts of time to reading stories to the point where I can confidently say that I’ve read more fanfics than I have published material. As such, I’ve come across more than a few quality stories. Stories that have made me laugh, cry, and marvel at the writing ability and creativity of the authors kind enough to share their talent with us leaches on the Internet. However, your story stands on top in my mind as one of if not the most spectacular I’ve encountered yet. You’ve taken Rowling’s sandbox and transfigured each grain of sand into a flawless gem. Never have I encountered so original a story that enriches the source material rather than shuns it. Your treatment of the hollows and exploration of the nature of magic is beyond fascinating. Your insistence on making the most of what are cliche characters in canon and expanding upon them has made me come to love characters I once hated. I’m a studying artist. A visual thinker through and through. And I have to say the way you describe Harry’s “sight” is one of the most beautiful and interesting things I’ve encountered in writing. Not to mention it’s integration with how Harry performs his magic. It reminds me of when I read The Alchemist for the first time only so much better. You get enough comments about the desire for updates already. So I’ll just say this: thank you for giving us your time and making this story. Thank you for sharing it with us. However long the wait is until the next chapter will be well worth it. Now if you’ll excuse me, I’m off to voraciously consume your other stories.
xxnarufanxx chapter 37 . 7/5
wonderful wonderful story! i am soooo looking forward to the next chapter. please update soon!
Foxy-Floof chapter 29 . 7/4
Holy moly. So What's Harry to do?
samaritan17 chapter 1 . 7/1
I'm coming back to this story after several months to read it agian. This is by far one of the best stories I've ever read on this site. I sincerely hope it is finished someday. But until then, I'll just read what's written already over and over again.
Fireboy19795 chapter 37 . 6/26
This story is FANTASTIC! I love how you made the characters totally different than cannon, and still kept the "timeline" intact even without Harry being involved. I also appreciated how you kept the disability constant throughout the story, and didn't fix him. He kept a stable character progression path that many authors fail to do. Well done.
tyry95 chapter 37 . 6/24
Five months? You haven't updated in five months? It's been so long that I don't even remember half the plot.
Kyprioth chapter 37 . 6/22
Oh my!
I just binge read the entire thing and I'm writing this on my phone so this is going to start out a little choppy.
That chapter to pause at is both a blessing and a curse. Stopping at the chapter before would have been worse though.
And because I deal with tension by picking out the humor,...I really need a subsequent scene to wrap up the humor of "is bigger better?".
I love young Severus and fix it fics, so I have come to love to hate Albus Dumbledore. But this, this is what I have been waiting for in terms of an evenhanded fleshing out of his character. I think the reason I came to love to hate him is that the canon Harry Potter world is so broken I can't help but see it dying after the epilogue. Dumbledore is a convenient scapegoat because he is the only powerful figurehead above the age of majority that is smart enough to fight the flaws in the system but so crippled by his past experiences that he does things by half measures. He tries to separate himself from power because he does not trust himself with it but still keeps his position as Head Mugwhump and the arguably greater position as an educator. And by splitting himself so he fails at both.
Aside from your vivid and beautiful imagery, what I love most about this is the worldbuilding. It fills in so many plotholes, not the least of which are the Deathly Hallows, and restores the sense of magic that had faded from the last few books. And then to compliment that you build your characters so beautifully flawed that they can't be pigeonholed into a character archtype. The Dursleys the same, yet changed for want of a nail. Everything is perfectly balanced; none of the character or location descriptions are too much or too little, the tension and fluff working in symbiosis with the plot, and most of all balancing the magic and science.
I especially appreciate how the blend of magic and science was internally consistent. Enough so to put into words and imagery a belief system that speaks to me on as more than just a passing fancy. The last time I saw a belief system that spoke to me on that level was the scientist from Angeles and Demons by the same author of the Davinci Code.
In short, you have made a convert of me.
May the muses favor you,
- Kip