|Reviews for Blindness|
| AnnikaTheIndianPotterHead chapter 38 . 14h
I hate this story!
| ImMoku chapter 16 . 11/21
When will harry get back HIS cloak?
| ImMoku chapter 2 . 11/20
Seriously? The invisibility cloak, the potters heirloom nonchalantly given to boy-who-shy?
| A reader chapter 10 . 11/13
Thank you for writing this beautiful story. Your story included lots of things I loved, such as its scientific approach.
However, I got to say I ceased to enjoy the story after the House-Elf Movement. Granted, there were some components/worldviews I did not agree with even before the House-Elf Movement. For example:
1. The hope that mundane-magic products can sneak into the muggle community without going through communication with the muggle government and scrutiny with its department of health did not sit right with me. The regulation, while not perfect, exists to protect people from less-than-ideal pharmaceutical products. Hermione and Harry did not ithinki about testing all of the possible side effects of introducing magic components to a muggle's body. The whole scientific testing spelled a lack of consideration and lack of fear and respect for other organisms' well-being. Even though, I should have guessed Harry's and Hermione's inconsiderate after Harry casually turned a living being (a bird) into glass and did not attempt to correct his transfiguration even after he learned how being transfigured into an inanimate object trapped the transfigured animal.
2. Why killed off necessary characters so early in the book? Sirius, Lupin, Ginny? My dark thoughts reasoned that all three people had a significant tie to Harry and you did not want Harry to have such a tie. This goes back to my previous point that you hope to make Harry a god, above all living being, rather than putting him on the same plane as all beings are supposed to be.
3. The usage of Viola James's fame to fuel political movement. This, if done sparingly and with great consideration, is absolutely helpful. However, I believe your story might have crossed that delicate line a long time ago. There is a reason we ought to separate the scientific community from the political community - because science is supposed to be unbiased; it is used to inform politicians on future directions. Once those two communities are mixed, it is like asking for troubles down the line.
4. Hermione came across as rather 2D after the Hogwarts scene, from when she was basically just Harry's personal assistant. I get that you want to emphasize Harry's intelligence, but please don't sacrifice Hermione's in your journey of doing so.
I hope I don't come across as rude or nasty - but had the natural disaster that happened in your real life affected your worldview? Because the story stream came across as significantly darker and more inhumane.
In conclusion, I really love your story. I just hope that you would pay more attention to the bioethics of scientific research and add more humanity, and more characters to your characters.
| blackgayerunicorn chapter 1 . 11/13
hurt my heart
| Guest chapter 25 . 11/10
They were also told about who had the wand before and its believed by some that Dumbles got it. While the guy who told them doesnt believe it because the wand supposedly can only be taken through trickery so he couldnt of had it as Dumbles wouldnt win with such methods.
Not a single thought on seeking Dumbles out or him having it. Even an idea of it.
| Guest chapter 25 . 11/10
I admit its interesting what's being done with the items and their actions but I'm not a fan of this forced parasitic, mind manipulating theme. Very much seeming like an addiction or he is the pet. Still talking as if he would be the master of death.
No thought that other wielders were manipulated by the items in the past. Had such thoughts pushed into their head to spread to encourage trying to get all 3 together. Rather it could very well be that together they make a whole and can fully exert their will. Perhaps a person or created magic being that will then take over the host as a new being.
Quite unpleasant and not a fan of mind manip.
Now hes got something like the horcrux in him but worse.
| Guest chapter 24 . 11/10
Not a fan of this time reversal theme in general. Also not that he didnt give Hermione the chance to see his parents. Seemingly also barely interacting with them before sending them back.
| Guest chapter 22 . 11/10
Sad that he didnt do a damned thing about Luna while he was at the school.
| Guest chapter 20 . 11/10
Had 4 thoughts as solitutions from long term to immediate that I wasnt going to comment.
1) Killing curse to sever the soul sliver obviously.
2) New magic for a pensive. Rather than mentally be inside unattached to your immobile body viewing memory. You instead create an active link that lets you view the current moment. While being able to move he could remove the sliver from himself viewing himself 3rd person.
3) Manipulate his soul and attempt astral projection. Removing his soul while staying attached. Unlikely if the sliver is attached to his soul and also risks that if it's not and he cant act properly or in time that it seizes his body or attempts to with him mostly vacated.
4) Lots and lots of rune work. Using his sight to test and expand on. 2 dimensional runes. 3 dimensional.
Something like Riddles journal with special pages, pensive like. Expansion charms working 2 dimensional? Layered runes? 3 dimensional runes with expansion within? Sort of like a number of cores having inner worlds in cultivation stories?
So he could figure out how runes and magic mix to figure out solutions. Like if Sirius mirror could let him actively watch himself in his form of sight. Or a version of it.
| Guest chapter 17 . 11/10
I hope and expect that he would bring the pensive to the Dursleys next visit to show them what he sees.
| Guest chapter 17 . 11/10
Great chapter yet again.
Only thing that I was a bit surprised about was I had been expecting both him and her eager to show Hermione how he sees her. There wasnt so much as a mention of it.
| Guest chapter 14 . 11/10
Thankfully havent gone after anyone he cares for directly. The whole revival thing since early on screamed a hinting towards Hermione later on.
| Guest chapter 10 . 11/9
Neville has Harry's cloak and Voldy has the resurrection stone.
| Guest chapter 9 . 11/9
So every action Dumbles did caused unneeded deaths due to replacing Harry. Even in this one he wouldve just forfeited but Neville forced him to act.
Then Dumbles letting more die to hold Voldy. So he can be released in secret from the ministry I suppose.