Reviews for Hey Boss!
suikofan chapter 1 . 8/6/2015
I love these two characters together cant belive there is so little written about them.
FictionalSandbox chapter 1 . 1/20/2015
This. This is really, really REALLY something that I am glad to see. Thank you for writing it! Is it weird that, on reflection, I actually found Kuvira and Bolin's relationship the most interesting of the series? I think something about the way that she treats him - domineering and manipulative but still gentle - it suggests a very interesting dynamic between them. I don't know whether it would be romantic, or just friendly, as you've portrayed it here, but I do think that the two of them would be good for each-other and in some ways it's sad that they ended up on opposite sides of a war.
Bolin's always been the kind of guy who people want to mentor - Mako and Varrick both had him under their wings - but I think that he got more than he bargained for when it came to Kuvira. But even so, although he describes her as crazy, I don't think that he would give up on her so easily... Any more easily than he'd give up on another friend. Just because he doesn't think she's right doesn't mean that he wouldn't try to get through to her, just like you've portrayed here.
As for Kuvira... Well, I think that she must have had some kind of warm feelings for Bolin, or she wouldn't have kept him around in her utilitarian system for so long. I think that you do a good job of getting inside her head in this fic... It's always hard to think like a villain, I find! Good on you for taking on that challenge and thinking about what Kuvira's life and thoughts might be like after the end of korra. She's really not had a great life in some ways.
Stylistically, this story was pretty good - it kept me reading, and I could always tell what was going on. I would suggest maybe just giving it a little proofread to iron out any grammatical (eg its vs it's) or punctuation errors, and also consider making more use of longer sentence structures? But on the whole, it was fine.
Thanks again for writing this, and if you want to read more Bolin-Kuvira interaction, keep an eye on my ArchiveOfOurOwn page of the same name... I plan to post some stuff soon! :3
-KK
Serenarey Chiba chapter 1 . 1/13/2015
I enjoyed this. I appreciated Kuvira in the series, and thought she was a wonderful addition, and I also like the simple, but easygoing, interactions you wrote up for her and Bolin. Excellent job.
Celestia's Paladin chapter 1 . 1/10/2015
Not bad at all. Strange enough I don't think of Kuvira as the second coming of Ozai, she is to me far closer to Sozin.
Astreiks chapter 1 . 1/5/2015
I appreciated this fic. I also agree with your assessment: while the Korrasami is amazing, other characters are nice, too. So...this was good. :)
Lady Elvira chapter 1 . 1/4/2015
Hello :)

That visit is surely quite unsual, especially since it is mostly a dialogue between Su/Korra/Bataar and Kuvira, respectively. It is nice that you've thought of Bolin there; his remarks towards Kuvira's situation were a bit rare in the finale.
Kuvira's reflection about her doings is quite in character and I like that you've decided to describe her prison that detailed. It really gets obvious how hard her fall was, when her only delight in there consists of playing Pai Sho and hoping for her captivators to show mercy.
As much as I like the idea of an amicable Bolin who goes to visit probably one of the most dangerous criminals, I'm a bit sceptical there. I don't want to judge this implementation in theory - I really enjoy reading it - but I think it would be a bit more rocky in praxis. What I mean is: Remember Eska? Bolin used to be her boyfriend and he even developed feelings for her in the end, till they parted on good terms. Three years later, however, he seems to be terrified to no end by seeing her again. And Eska being mean to Bolin mostly consists of her speaking empty threats.
Thereby, I would rather doubt that Bolin would visit Kuvira on his own; the person who not only sent men to harm him, but who actually imprisoned him, threatened him (and even carried them out) and sent him away to a re-education-camp.
I agree, Bolin does have a golden heart but sometimes he also tends to be a bit of a coward. And when he is still so scared of Eska why would he visit Kuvira who he claimed to be a lunatic? I hope you see my point, no offense meant :)
Otherwise, this one was really nice to read, though - it is good to see that Kuvira isn't left behind to rot in there, with Bolin constantly paying her a visit and Korra sending her "courtesies".
The thingie with Pabu might be a bit too well-meant (take aside, I cannot imagine that Bolin would leave without Pabu ever again) but the idea with the Peace Lily was absolutely great. A wonderfully implemented act of faith on behalf of Bolin!

Best regards,
Elvira
Chelsea chapter 1 . 1/3/2015
Really liked this. I always thought Bolin had a interesting relationship with Kuvira and it's nice too know such a talented writer explored it a bit more. Great job
Mariana Syper chapter 1 . 1/2/2015
Awesome read!
Matchbox.Bird chapter 1 . 1/2/2015
This is really lovely, I feel like you've captured what I love about Bolin perfectly - his positive attitude and forgiving nature. I would really like to read more like this!
RollingUpHigh chapter 1 . 1/3/2015
United Forces Bolin has been my headcanon for a while, so that little inclusion was great. Everyone seems to like making him a mover star, even if he seemed uncomfortable with it after a while. Despite everything, Bolin seemed to flourish in the Earth Empire Army, so I always thought he'd get into the United Forces after the battle. But on the other hand, I like the characterizations. Kuvira as the charismatic fallen leader who knows what she's done wrong, Bolin as the forgiving one. Thanks for this fic!
kuvyyra chapter 1 . 1/2/2015
I heart it :)
stranrep chapter 1 . 1/2/2015
Wonderful and hearwarming story. I don't think that Bolin will hate Kuvira for long.
ultima-owner chapter 1 . 1/2/2015
Cool fic
MediocreApathy chapter 1 . 1/2/2015
That's was a very enjoyable read