Reviews for Pondus Omnium: The Weight of All Things
PurpleNiki chapter 12 . 7/12
my one and only problem with this chair is undergrowth felt ooc. being an ancient ghost, she wouldn't use a slang term like "whatever". perhaps changing it to something along the lines of "no matter". also he also referred to Sam as "the female" I feel like he would address Danny as something other than a proper noun more possessive like "caretaker".
lilaclily00 chapter 34 . 6/25
Wow, I managed to make it through this whole thing in just a few days! How exhilarating and terrifying! :D I tend to get intimidated by such long fics as this one, but I'm glad I took the plunge anyway. There's still so much to go, so I hope you return to updating this story!

(Also, I died at Hartman making an appearance in the randomest of places. XD)
Pinksamiam chapter 34 . 6/17
Hey! Update Lady/Dude(sorry don't know if you're a boy or a girl)! I want to read another chapter! Tell us who the scary guy was in that last paragraph! I wanna read more
SailorMew4 chapter 34 . 4/23
I really hope you update this soon. I really miss it
Anne Camp aka Obi-quiet chapter 34 . 3/25
I realize it's been a little while since you posted a chapter, but I have to say I've enjoyed the fic. I do think it would have done better as a series of stories as there are definitely arcs that rise and fall as it goes on, but for the most part I've enjoyed this... again. Yeah, I know I've read it before, but I think I stopped somewhere before Danny went to speak with the President (Hartman, LOL). Dunno why I didn't keep up with it. *scratches head*

In any case, I'm curious as to what Technus will do if Tucker doesn't follow through with his promise soon. Even if Tucker is working on it, he should probably keep the ghost updated.

Danny as the Ghost King, huh? LOL So many people love this trope. I find it amusing myself, if only because Danny would only take that crown kicking and screaming. The biggest problem with him becoming Ghost King, though (especially in this story) is that his obsession is Amity Park. It's protecting everyone, sure, but he can't really protect humans from the Ghost Zone. Well, he probably could, but I doubt it would be in a way that would make his core happy.

Of course Danny's dangerous. But so is a kid with a knife or a gun who doesn't know how to use it or wants to use it to hurt/kill others. Humans can be just as deadly, and our strong point is endurance. We're the only species in the world that can hunt animals to exhaustion. The only other one that comes close are wolves. Humans tend to get shot down, and then get right back up and that's honestly kind of inspiring and terrifying in equal measure if you think about it. It's like people protesting guns. Sure you can ban guns and then everyone who is responsible and follows the law will get rid of them... and then no one can protect themselves against the people who DON'T follow the law and who hoard guns and who will very suddenly be a lot scarier because they have a power that normal people don't anymore. So sure, go ahead and get rid of Danny. Let's see how long you last against the ghosts then. Especially because you'll ostracize every single person who could give you any sort of protection against ghosts. Brilliant move there, guys. *Slow clap* I mean, sure, one could argue that Danny is only there because ghosts are there and that's the Fenton's fault, but ghosts existed before the Fentons. Sure, not everyone believed in them, but the Fentons could only FIND a way to punch a hole into the ghost zone because something else was there to build on. Also, even if you could blame the Fentons, the fact of the matter is that Ghosts are on Earth now. It's not going to undo itself. You can wish as hard as you want that it didn't happen, people, but it did. So now you can sit there and try to hurt the people who are helping you, or you can learn to suck it up and deal with the future - and it's a future with ghosts. That won't change.

Entitled jerks. The lot of them. *sigh* I know they're scared, but that doesn't excuse what they're doing.

*gets down off soap box* Um... sorry about the rant. . . . It's actually one of my favorite parts of the story. Although, at some point, I'd love to see Danny learn to block out sound in a ghost shield and then he just erects one around himself (and maybe the picnic table that his friends are eating at) whenever the protesters come. Non-aggressive but totally a way to stop things from getting to them. It would be even better if he could erect a shield that blocked human objects from coming through. Useful too.

Of course, whenever he's alone, he can just phase through them or float away. Difficult to hit someone if they aren't in the physical plain.

I'm worried about Vlad of all people too... So proud of him. And getting to where I like Dan. But man, Danny is NOT going to be happy when he finds out that guy is free... Because I think you're right: Dan is still a protector... maybe not the way he used to be, but he still is. That was the reason he was half-mad in the future. *snort* Oh, gosh, I have this image of Danny as the Ghost King and Dan as his 'Fright Knight' kind of person... But a LOT would have to happen there.

Lancer's family died? Oh, gosh... that's so sad! Car accident, I would guess... but it could have been an illness... or something worse, but I hope it was something that was fast and painless. As curious as I am about how they died, I loved that no one asked him about it.

Oh, I really think Danny needs to tell people that they REALLY shouldn't ask ghosts or half-ghosts about their deaths... and it's probably a good idea to avoid their obsessions as well. it just seems like something kind of personal that someone would share if they felt close enough to the other person, you know? Or like something a therapist might think about.

Eh, this has gone on for a while. In any case, looking forward to more if you get around to it. Oh, if you do, could you post a summary of what is relevant to the chapter? Kind of a "Previously, on 'The Weight Of All Things'". It would just help me to keep the story straight, and I'm thinking I might not be the only one.
Anne Camp aka Obi-quiet chapter 23 . 3/25
I've read this story before. It's... changed quite a bit, though. I mean, the details. There were a couple of things I remember reading that aren't here now... or were changed or... yeah. I do think the story is better now than it was, it's just... I'm surprised I can only remember parts of this. I mean, it's a good story. Just had to say, I like the changes. :)
Pinksamiam chapter 34 . 1/25
Update Please! I like this story!
jcotton42 chapter 34 . 12/23/2018
Can't wait for more!
Guest chapter 34 . 11/2/2018
By far the best story I’ve ever read. You portrayed them perfectly! I literally binged this in about a week. I couldn’t get enough. Your writing is incredible. Hopefully you update soon, I’ll be here waiting!
Joy Phantom chapter 34 . 10/18/2018
YAY! I just got back on FFN and you updated! I love this story sooo much, I love the Dynamics, the characters, the plot EVERYTHING. And no, you havent lost your touch, though I'm not sure why you said "I think this might be a long story" when it's over 300k words! Some Harry Potter books are only half the size! That said it doesn't feel slow or like it's dragging on, it's a good pace with good sized chapters. I cant wait to see the next one chapter. I'm very suspicious, how many villains will poor Danny have to face? The poor boy already has Malus and a grumpy Vlad AND Dan to deal with. Definitely on watch for the next installment! :D
ms simmons chapter 34 . 9/13/2018
This is one of the most realistic DP stories I’ve ever read! Fantastic job!
NoMoreNormalcy chapter 32 . 7/30/2018
I do miss the revelation of using a ghosts death against them being illegal and dangerous. It hit a lot harder than the whole using an obsession against a ghost with also a lot heavier implications and potential higher consequences. I didnt find in over-used though if it was to some point, it works really well. Ah well, I'm not the writer...
AlienGhostWizard14 chapter 34 . 7/26/2018
This is really an amazing story
I do t know why but I am picturing the new ghost as the guy from V for Vendetta
Anyway great job and update soon
Nozomi Higurashi chapter 34 . 7/1/2018
*Roars with laughter* President Hartman. Oh, that is clever. I'll have to remember that trick when I eventually write a fanfic that takes place in America and trying to decide on a name for the prez. That's such a simple and clever solution. Hats off to you.
FanficFan920 chapter 34 . 6/26/2018
Hmmmm, Skulker has some good ole fashion depression if you ask me. I like where this story is headed. Call me a sucker for political stories. I love how that meeting was portrayed by the way. Hopefully we'll see Danny learn how to deal with being a figure of controversy as the story goes on.