Reviews for Chisel
altruistiq chapter 45 . 12/15/2017
I would say do whatever's easiest for you! Maybe the AN since it would require less work? While I would love to see another chapter, I definitely understand if you simply aren't interested in writing more.
ajani's apprentice chapter 45 . 12/3/2017
Hey Jumper, don't know if you remember me, was one of your biggest fans of this work, and we talked over PM a few times. Anyway, I would be ecstatic if you comtinued this story. As for addressing changes, ultimately I think it depends on how you would want to continue writing the story, should you continue. If you really want to put in the effort to rewrite, then go for it. But it will take a lot from you, keep that in mind. If you dont think you can, then do an AN. But I warn you, you may end up constantly thinking about whether you should have put in more effort. Ultimately, if you can live with that doubt or not have it at all that may be the right choice, especially if you would just want to get back into the story. Either way, I would be with you, following along eagerly.

But remember, this is YOUR choice. Don't do anything you aren't willing to do or are comfortable with and dont let yourself be pressured.

Best regards, AA
Guest chapter 45 . 12/3/2017
This was an amazing story and probably my favorite on this site! I recently only found this story because it was updated recently with your announvement, and i read it all in one day it was so good. I especially love the amount of characterization and development you give to everyone, as well as writing great dialogue. I really really hope you finish this one, regardless of how you do it, with ANs or edits.
Guest chapter 45 . 11/21/2017
Thank god!

I'm so happy that at least you're considering returning to finish things. In my opinion, I feel you should make edits in the story, but also clarify on these changes during AN's for readers who have followed the story since day 1. Glad your back. I've got my hopes up!
SubtleKitsune chapter 45 . 11/20/2017
Jumper,
I am a bit conflicted. On the one side, this is one of my favorite FE fics, a rare work that focuses both on tactics and the war, and Robin and Lucina's slowly growing feelings. The wind-boosting trick is one of my all-time favorite embellishments on the game's mechanics.

On the other side, this last arc hasn't quite had the same feel to it (yet. Must remember that it was only 3 chapters in...) Given the long period before your last posting, when it appeared I felt the story deserved a complete reread, which was somewhat delayed and eventually stalled out by my lesser interest in this arc ( hence the lack until now of a review covering my disbelief and dismay at the previous announcement).

I am cautiously enthusiastic at the news that this story may not be dead after all, though the tone of previous arcs was a major selling point. In terms of how to go forward from here, I think rewriting, while tedious, presents a more cohesive solution. It's a lot of work and I've seen more than one fic die during a rewrite, though. Rehashing is by nature less fun to write, so it's probably a better idea to A/N the changes (for now at least) and focus your time and effort on the fun part- exploring the story.

I'll keep an eye on this story for a while yet; the earlier arcs have certainly earned it that much. Whether you choose to continue this or begin anew, keep writing my friend!
Extreme Tactician chapter 45 . 11/18/2017
Nice to know you're thinking of coming back man! I hopr you do! This fanfic is an insoiration to me on worldbuilding.
LordAzrael1 chapter 45 . 11/15/2017
Nah, I think you should just address the changes in the AN, and carry on the story.
Random Reader Guy chapter 45 . 11/15/2017
Go back and edit, while addressing what exactly the changes entail, imo, but it's your choice in the end man.
Anyway, good to see you back
Guest chapter 45 . 11/14/2017
One good way of looking at it is this: if you address the changes in the AN and modify the potential next chapter accordingly, it will be a LOT Of less work than going back through the your entire work to edit and omit the things you want to change narratively.

Honestly there are pros and cons for both, on one hand just going the AN route makes it so you can just address the changes right away and the readers can immediately be on the same page as you and the chapter. However that might also "peev" some people off because retconning things can piss them off. (I advise not to pay heed to those peoples. :D)

On the other hand, going back and editing the text will benefit new readers in that they won't need to be briefed on the changes at all and will enjoy your work now edited more closely to your vision. It'll also intrigue any of your more dedicated readers to go back and reread the text to see what changes have been made. The catch is... you might get exhausted from editing all the various details you need to make. Trust me I understand, I've done it before and it almost felt like rewriting the entire text. So that might affect your energy and enthusiasm to continue writing the following chapters once you're done.

But again, the editing route more satisfying for myself as a writer. (i find at least) It returns that feeling of ownership and property that it had long ago, that this YOUR work.

In anycase, its up to you.

And if that choice is not to do anything at all, thats also fine.
Trust me, its not good to force yourself to write because ultimately, we write these works for ourselves, cause the entire story... is in our heads. We just had the feeling to share that story with others through fanfic. But if we just can't bring up the energy to consecrate time to these projects, its probably for the better because taking care of yourself and our life needs to take priority.

In final, I hope you're doing well and I wanted to tell you that I loved this series with a passion. This fic has brought me such happiness and joy through some tough times and it will always hold a special place in my heart.

So whether it ends like this or you end up continuing it,

I hope to see you around.
RedRat8 chapter 45 . 11/14/2017
I suggest you do a little bit of both. Just change the important bits that more necessary and then give a An for the stuff that is not so important.
Guest chapter 45 . 11/14/2017
I mean, if you revive this then there may be a large portion of readers that need some kind of recap. Don't know what you'll do, just an idea.
PrometheusDark chapter 45 . 11/14/2017
I would prefer you did both. Make a few edits and then mention in an AN what has changed.

But I'd be more than happy with either, if it means this wonderful story continues!~
AzHasANewName1 chapter 45 . 11/14/2017
Do whatever you think you have to for your sake. This is one of those things that's only worth doing if its still enjoyable. Of course if you do decide to pick this up again, know that you've still got at least one eager reader.
Hikatokage chapter 45 . 11/14/2017
Continuing the story and pointing changes out via AN seems to be the safest option, it'll be less a workload for you.
I'll be fine if you change the tone/things up to how you enjoy it.

As for editing previous chapters, it can be done over time slowly, and it'll be more fun - from the perspective of a writer - to just continue their work; that's how I see it though, so don't take my word for it.

Honestly wasn't expecting an update, but I'm glad I left my alerts on for this story.
Nuclear Consensus chapter 45 . 11/14/2017
As a long time fan of this story, I'm happy that you're considering a continuation of it. On the topic of changes to the story, I would advise that you start with an a/n first, and then slowly edit the past chapters so you don't get burnt out doing them all in one go.
513 | « Prev Page 1 2 3 4 5 12 .. Last Next »