Reviews for This Thing of Darkness
Lil' Moore chapter 1 . 11/28/2015
I LOVED this so much! A fantastic, well-written missing scene for one of my very favorite Bonanza episodes. The back story was so subtle and believable, and makes perfect sense out of Candy's suicidal outburst in the pit. Great characterization, and Ben is fantastically portrayed as a surrogate father figure to our poor, orphaned Candy. Candy is one of my favorite characters in the show, so it is so nice to see a fanfic piece that so beautifully gives us a peek into his past and emotions, especially in one of the hardest, emotional break-downs of his life. Thank you, again, for a lovely piece. If you get the time, I would absolutely love for you to read some of my Bonanza fanfic on my other profile, literary1.
OrangeSunset1701 chapter 1 . 8/15/2015
Poor Candy! Well done with this!
Guest chapter 1 . 3/7/2015
Oh, I love this story! (I meant to only glance at it this morning but got sucked in, and was almost late to work. Whoops!) There's just so few stories with Candy in it, and this episode in particular was a really big one for him. This is an awesome, in-depth view on what was going on in that scene, and how it resolved after the fade to black in the episode.
Cruelest Sea chapter 1 . 1/7/2015
Lovely!
Tanith2011 chapter 1 . 1/3/2015
Man did this story knock the breath out of me! Powerful and so descriptive of how Candy and Ben felt as they tried to keep a grip on their sanity. I particularly liked how Ben described himself as being hung like a "wet pillowcase bein’ hung up to dry on an August day."

I also liked the gruesome back story on how Candy found his father and how Ben manages to snap him out of his suicidal trance.

Wow, I'm so impressed! I'm running out of words to express how this story makes me feel. It's definitely dark and contains strong themes of death but it sure packs quite a punch.

Well done! Keep on writing...
Tauna Petit-Strawn chapter 1 . 1/3/2015
I like how Ben got through to Candy.