Reviews for Two Steps From Hell
Aisti chapter 40 . 9/14
This was a brilliant fic! Thank you! Your writing really improved throughout the story. I found the beginning a bit too slow and dull but after the story really picked up it's pace I found it well written, unexpected, hilarious and very entertaining. I liked the idea of Voldemort healing his soul but still staying his evil self. I first had mixed feelings about the end but I'd like to think that in the end they both cared about each other and that changed them and in the end they became compatible.

How about a sequel of some sort in the future? One can always hope!
ladyofsilverdawn chapter 40 . 8/26
Woooooow! This was Maaaaarvelous! I LOVE the ending! Bella mothering Harry. Hahaha! And knowing Hermione will become the BAMF she's meant to be is Perfection! I inhaled this story. So Brilliant!
Lola.Loves.Me chapter 1 . 8/8
(apparently you can only review each chapter once, I did try to post this on the last one, but the first one is just as good!)

I think this might be the 5th time I've reread this fic!

I love it every single time, you are truly a talented writer and I really can't get enough of this story!

Many thanks for sharing this x
roofless house chapter 40 . 8/5
Wow, this was a great story. I think it's one of my favorites of all time. Some random thoughts:

Omniscient Godlike Evil Genius Voldemort is not only incredibly sexy (but I have a thing for violent psychopaths) but additionally it always seemed more canonically accurate to me. Insane though he may be, he's meticulous and isn't the bumbling idiot many authors portray him as.

This story is probably one of the best portrayals of how a Voldemort in love would behave: controlling, manipulative, and challenging. He's a sociopath and to him the people he cares about are possessions to be played with.

I like that you had characters we're meant to identify with commit actions along a wide moral spectrum without feeling the need to preach about one subject or another, or turn it into a black-and-white comparison of good and bad. For example, to touch on some low-hanging fruit, the story has a couple of female characters who comment on legitimate feminist issues, but it also has main characters who casually commit rape and are never really punished for it. The point of including these things in the story isn't, as far as I can tell, to comment on their presence in the real world, but rather to build the universe and characters of the fictional story. That's something a lot of writers don't understand.

Similarly, I doubt many authors could write a character we're supposed to identify with and see as sympathetic, such as Harry, as a drug-addicted muggle-killer without some excruciating process of trying to justify it as either being everyone else's fault or Harry being inherently bad. The fact that you're able to write things as "it is what it is" like this competently is a sign of your skill.

I felt really bad for Ginny because she's one of my favorite characters. I felt even worse because I was jealous of her because I'm a really sick individual. So, uh, if I could jump into stories, I would have happily offered to swap with her oh my god I need to shut up.

The last thing I want to say is that, like, I especially like how even at the end everybody is still flawed and it's acknowledged. There's no wand waving to get rid of Voldemort being a psychopath, he's still manipulating everyone, but we got a good ending because of his manipulations, not because of some fate or magic pill fuckery.

Really really good story overall!
Lexflame chapter 40 . 7/5
I really enjoyed this, especially the end, Thanks for this wonderful fic
SnapeIsMyPatronus chapter 40 . 6/12
I really, really enjoyed this fic! you should consider a sequel!
Honey b33 chapter 14 . 5/19
Oh my, this is brilliantly written, but I’m torn between not wanting to go forward, and feeling compelled to! I’ll let you know later if I make a decision...
finnsky2013 chapter 40 . 3/22
While this is definitely a more upbeat ending than the entire middle of the story I hardly think it qualifies as a happy ending if you are anyone but Voldemort. A lot of the best things about Hermione are her bravery and compassion. They are two of her defining traits and if she just becomes another pureblood bigot who suits Tom's agenda then she has lost herself. Acknowledging that he probably still can't feel actual love, how could Tom even find Hermione as compelling if he just moulds her into being what he wants vs who she truly is? Are the Death eaters better behaved in this world? Is there less genocide and rape? That was truly vile btw. I love your writing in general and that's why I stuck with this but sexual violence, especially to the extent you involved it in this story, is so vile that I think it made it really hard for me to keep reading because at a certain point I just truly hated everyone who wasn't Hermione and thought they should all just die.
Exrahlixxibith chapter 40 . 2/2
That was absolutely amazing. I love the fiction that are dark. It's more realistic to me
Ciule chapter 40 . 12/17/2017
This story...!

It completely blew me away. The twists and turns of the plot, your totally amazing bad guys - I can’t even begin to say how much I admire your portrayal of Voldemort/ Marvolo/ Tom, and the downfall of Harry’s morality was spectacular. It takes some (scary) imagination to come up with all those evil actions and your plotline.

Well done! It was one helluva ride reading it, and I especially loved the details you put into the description of the magic, be it spells, education or descriptions of how magic feels to the characters.

Either your English is very good, or your betas were amazing (or both).

(I have to say poor Ginny, though.)
Perhentian chapter 40 . 11/8/2017
This fanfiction is just awesome ! Just wahou !
I like your Voldemort, cruel, powerful. And I like your Hermione, so fair but so eager to learn. Both hating and admiring the Dark Lord.
And the last chapter, just mindblowing with this little Hermione learning that she is and would be in the VIP.
Thank you very much for writting and sharing this story.

I would have liked to have more hints on Hemrione's life after this chapter, her interactions with the Dark Lord, how she react when she get back her memories, how she become a necromancer. If you write them some day I would be really happy to read them.
snapeophil chapter 40 . 10/30/2017
Omg...what else is there to say? What a many-layered vicious, smutty, humorous, entertaining, crazy, horrible, gut-wrenching and adorable story...
Thanks for sharing and putting so much work Info writing it.
GuLaLi561 chapter 40 . 10/2/2017
Oh wow, for something so dark and gruesome, this story was really appealing.
The plot was incredible, insane and captivating.
poor Ron always be a loser in every alternate world..
Rlkotatis chapter 40 . 9/7/2017
What an amazing story! I wish we could see her grow up as a ravenclaw and all that but that's just me being greedy lol fav fav fav ! Bravo !
keroberros chapter 40 . 7/1/2017
Thank you for such a wonderful story. It was gripping, well written and just fantastic all around. I hope you have more LV/HM stories as I would love to read them. It would be great if there could be a sequel to this one although I is pretty perfect just the way it is. Absolutely outstanding!