Reviews for In the Shining
SillyGoatGruff chapter 1 . 11/4/2013
Wow I really liked this :) you really got Jareth's dialogue right. I don't know what it is, but you did it. Good job :) x
zara2148 chapter 1 . 12/9/2010
*jaw drops* Wow... just wow.
Albie chapter 1 . 8/25/2010
That gave me chills - very atmospheric! Jareth's words have such a strong sense of longing, and the images you created were stunning. I'm off to check out more of your stories! Beautiful work!
ReaderinthePNW chapter 1 . 7/29/2009
Excellent, I love your take on his existence. Great work, great intrepretation!
Kaidou chapter 1 . 4/19/2009
You did a good job at showing Jareth's feelings. It was short and sweat and I liked it. Great work!
Witch isit chapter 1 . 9/24/2007
Absolutely fabulous! I loved the line "I am the crickle spark roused from the ether of your childhood's wanting, tended, imbued with a portion of your glittering passion"; I'm beginning to see your writing style more and more. I think you captured Jareth so well, you've obviously got a knack for writing characters with a darker streak (I meant it as a compliment!). You keep them so true to character, that it gives your stories such a delightful richness that I find them addictive. Hoping you'll write more for Labyrinth soon, you're far too good at it,

Witch isit
TalentedChild chapter 1 . 7/31/2007
"I am your catalyst, your watcher, your instigator. And I am what you make me to be. I am your secret lover, your fire. I am the crickle spark roused from the ether of your childhood's wanting, tended, imbued with a portion of your glittering passion."

wow- just wow. this is always how I have felt about the realm of fantasy. Not necessarily Jareth, but...that...that I can relate to. Beautifully put.
dansemacabre chapter 1 . 5/10/2006
I enjoyed this oneshot from Jareth's point of view very much! It's always interesting to get a peek inside the Goblin King's mind, particularly when it deals with issues of belief, faith and power.
Guest chapter 1 . 1/23/2006
*sigh* it's beautiful... enough to make the heart ache for such words to spill from it, and be gifted to it...
Harbor Chaos chapter 1 . 1/26/2004
That was excellent. Everything seemed to flow and just settle. Right on! This is definitely going into my faves.
Lozlan chapter 1 . 1/23/2004
A beautiful, edgy piece of prose. I always felt ill satisfied with the movie's exploration of the relationship between Jareth and Sarah...was he merely some darkling product of her wanton desire, or does he exist generally, essence derived from dozens of fevered imaginings? You capture that concept perfectly here...Jareth as a creature of dreams.
H.Skyfire chapter 1 . 12/2/2002
That was awesome! You seem to have captured the very essence of those two, taken the ambiguous way the movie left off, and opened the way for hope. It was written very poetically.