Reviews for Surroundings
Yiwei0319 chapter 12 . 12/8
please continuee
You need an editor. Your writing gets really weird sometimes as if you're missing several words in a sentence or you're using entirely the wrong words to convey what you're trying to say. It ruins the flow of things.
Viper8784 chapter 2 . 8/31
I like where this is going
Baphiwens chapter 12 . 8/15
GF chapter 3 . 7/21
Just suggestions...

DisappointMENT
unREQUIETED love
UNease
G Fawkes chapter 3 . 7/21
I AM trying, and I dont like ME al that much when I completely troll out on someone, or even go Grammar Nazi on their arse. That said...

(gently) Is it really THAT difficult to learn the difference between 'lose' and 'loose'. There is NO instance where they are interchangeable, to even BE confusing. (exclamation marks deleted)
G Fawkes chapter 1 . 7/20
Not to knit-pick TOO much, but Daphne is a pureblood AND a Slytherin. You can't even make up a situation where Harry could have possibly seen her without robes on, to even KNOW what her 'arse' looks like. It wouldnt happen.
llIMagic chapter 12 . 7/17
Wow! Draco coming to Dumbledore is an unexpected twist. Also super curious to know what the gift Harry made does. It's interesting to see things picking up; things can be a lot different with Draco not letting Death Eaters into the school. I am looking forward to seeing him play a bigger role in the story. Great pace of development with Harry and Daphne as well. Thanks for writing!
Ugh I really don't like hermione
Thank you. Girls don't seem to ever get it. Guy's look. We are made that way. It shouldn't mean anything to anyone else until we do something about it.
Dreous44 chapter 12 . 7/15
Great update!
Renata MM chapter 12 . 7/15
I really like how you made your history to be about the characters and how they fell real and alive. The romance is superbly well done, without getting sacharine. You are a great writer, congratulations.
Vi38 chapter 12 . 7/15
Excellent update
Dault3883 Barron Backslash chapter 12 . 7/15
good chapter but a little bit strange with the back and forth between the dance and harry and dumbledores meeting i politely ask to not do that again its to confusing
truBlack chapter 12 . 7/15
What a great update. So much has happened and so much has yet to happen.

I was always afraid of Daphne and Harry being out in the open as they are. Voldemort is still out there and his followers are everywhere. Unfortunately some are even in Hogwarts. We know what is supposed to happen from canon. Although this is an AU and some thing ARE different it seems that for the most part things will be heading in the same direction.

Draco may not kill Dumbledore in your story but Dumbledore I think will die soon. You hinted at it but I do believe his hand is already cursed from the ring.

Once Dumbledore dies then Harry will be forced to go into hiding because Voldemort will surely pounce on the chance and take over the ministry. This has me worrying for Daphne. She will be left behind at Hogwarts and her boyfriend will be the most wanted wizard in the world.

I wonder... are you even planning on doing 7th year?

Anyway, so much potential storylines here. One thing I do have to thank you for is the non drama. I have been reading a few Haphne fics lately and it is just nothing but crap. They write Harry's friends like if they were Death Eaters or Voldemort himself. It is annoying really because you know the writer is just biased.

You on the other hand portray them in a realistic manner. Bravo to ya. I hope you do not bash in the future. It is okay to show a character's faults and stuff but no bashing.

I only wish JK Rowling would have included Seamus, Dean, and Neville more like you do in this story. You have made the boys closer which to me makes the story more fun.

Last but definitely not least... Harry and Daphne. Harry is no casanova but he isn't a complete idiot either. He has a bit more confidence though and that is a welcome change. That scene in the Tower with Daphne was well written. I thought you could have gotten deeper with it but overall it was well written. Parts of the story (at least towards the end) felt a bit rushed. We kept jumping POV and apparently timelines. Harry was obviously working on something with Dumbledore and it must have been important. I am guessing it was something for Daphne. Maybe something to protect her? The locket she has has something to do with it huh?

Rushed or not I feel the romance is pretty spot on. There is nothing overdramatic. Everything feels real. I am in love with your Daphne. I wont forgive you if something happens to her.