Reviews for With a Monarch's Voice Cry Havoc! and Let Slip the Dogs of War
Grumpy Robin chapter 22 . 6/3
OK. Time to whup Anna upside the head.
Grumpy Robin chapter 19 . 6/3
Holy self-flagellation, Batman! That Elsa won't EVER give herself a break, even though it's obvious to the most casual observer that she's not the demon she deems herself to be. Sometimes, ya just wanna whup her up-side the head and knock some sense into her, don'cha?
Grumpy Robin chapter 8 . 6/2
Interesting take that Elsa's death wouldn't necessarily dispel the Eternal Winter. Much of the fandom seem to think that winter would automatically vanish with the Snow Queen's passing. I find no evidence in the movie for this line of reasoning. I'm happy to see, then, at least one other person of similar mind on this subject.
Grumpy Robin chapter 5 . 6/2
I like the liberal use of dialog to develop character.
Grumpy Robin chapter 4 . 6/2
Cute how Elsa is perfectly comfortable with Kristoff, but she scares the bejeezus out of him. This seems like a natural expansion of A & K's relationship.
The BritCrit chapter 24 . 1/13
The desicion to make this story the middle chapter in a trilogy was an excellent one. On its own, this is probably the weakest story in the 'Worthy Queen of Greatness' trilogy, lacking the intensity of 'Verðug dróttning stór' or the emotional power of 'In the Reign of Queen Anna of Arrendelle'. It's too long (it's the same length of the other two stories in the trilogy COMBINED) and the political machinations here are rather convoluted in contrast to the clear and compelling storylines of the tales before and after it. However, Grrlgeek is such a skilled writer that even a relatively mediocre tale such as this is far better than most fanfics. The desriptions and dialogue are excellent, Grrlgeek is skilled at building a vivid and interesting world, and there are plenty of great interactions between Elsa and Anna. There are some particularly memorable individual scenes (such as Elsa interacting with a child and her mother in Chapter 12, and her final confrontation with Pierre) and the excellent final cliffhanger makes the story worth reading to the end. To summarise, 'With a Monarchs Voice' is a good story overall, but ' Verðug dróttning stór' and 'In the Reign of Queen Anna of Arrendelle' are both far superior. 'With A Monarch's Voice' is best enjoyed as part of a trilogy, resolving many of the loose ends of 'Verðug dróttning stór' whilst escalating Elsa's problems enough to justify the cliffhanger and lead into 'In the Reign of Queen Anna of Arrendelle'...
Arendellecitizen chapter 24 . 8/13/2016
While i know now that Elsa did not die, I can assume many of the people who read this thought she had. a very good cliff hanger if i do say so myself
MagicOfDisney chapter 24 . 5/24/2016
Oh wow what an in expected ending I can't believe you killed Elsa off :'( I did not see that one coming at all I thought that Pierre might get her or something when I was catching up with the past couple of chapters. I'm glad Pierre is dead atleast.
Concolor44 chapter 24 . 5/22/2016
That's a rather profound scenario that Elsa painted for Anna. Good questions. Hard answers.

Well ... crap.

Elsa's done quite the thorough job of convincing everyone that she's dead. I don't believe that for a second, and deep down I don't think Anna does either.

I look at it this way: Elsa is smart. Typically, she'll be the "smartest one in the room", which means she KNOWS how hard it is going to be for Anna to become Queen. She's removed herself as a political force, the "Sorceress Empress" everyone fears ... but under no circumstances would she leave Anna defenseless against a bunch of nations and rogues and schemers who could (and would) make her life hell ... or short.

No, I think Elsa is going to take on a subordinate role. "Protector From The Shadows" has a nice ring to it, don't you think?

Looking forward MOST EAGERLY to your next story!
Concolor44 chapter 23 . 5/22/2016
Geez. "Damaged" doesn't even START to describe the principle characters now! Were I in Kristoff's shoes, I doubt I could handle the responsibility of producing heirs that someone might try to kill simply as a result of the accident of their birth. I think it may be a while before he comes back. IF he comes back.

And now Anna is in the position of having had her "clever subterfuge" blow up in her face, and two men died because of it. She'll be processing THAT for a few days. Or weeks.
Concolor44 chapter 22 . 5/22/2016
Whoooooooo... BOY, is my heart going a mile a minute!

That was pretty intense. And that ploy Elsa came up with? Wow. Solid gold. And then she didn't HESITATE to skewer that bastitch when she got the chance.

[heaving a few deep breaths] Onward!
Concolor44 chapter 18 . 5/22/2016
The tension is building palpably, and not just from one direction.

I'm glad Elsa finally STARTED telling Anna about her nightmares. I note that she didn't go into detail. That may come later ... and I really think it should be aired.

Also, still wondering what Pierre put in the chocolates and/or marzipan.
Concolor44 chapter 17 . 5/22/2016
Take some samples back to Elsa? To poison her, perhaps?

Pierre is a disgusting little fleck of hagfish slime, and needs a few vents holes, pronto.
PascalDragon chapter 24 . 5/22/2016
First I was really happy that Kristoff returned and then you drop this bomb... I mean Elsa probably only went into hiding, cause the Elsa you've presented us is not suicidal. She might charge towards danger, but she's not suicidal. But that you had to do this to Anna... *shakes head*
I thank you for writing this story and look forward to your conclusive story. :)
PascalDragon chapter 23 . 5/22/2016
Oh my... those discussions between Kristoff and the sisters, between Kristoff and Anna and between the sisters were... well... I think bitter sweet is the right word... :/
I hope that Kristoff will find the guidance and direction that he needs while he's with his family.