Reviews for A Plea For Help Can Change Lives
nitewolf423 chapter 12 . 12/12
Lololol I didn't realized books talk back except a certain diary
MissiYoung chapter 12 . 12/11
Oh, Hermione, no, hon. Books are not always right. There are books that defend Scientology. There are books that defend The Holocaust. History is written by the winners, who never want to admit the horrible things they did to win that war. I could write a book on quantum physics RIGHT NOW that would be complete nonsense because I can't even spell quantum physics without Google, never mind actually knowing anything about it; I could still write it, though, and vanity publish, and some idiot somewhere could read it and take it as the truth instead of the incoherent ramblings of a middle aged woman that it truly would be. This is why we use up to date materials from multiple sources, sweetie, which I don't actually expect you to know at twelve years of age but still, common sense, hon.
Qoheleth chapter 12 . 11/26
Dear Scififan:

Just thought I should mention: It should be "We need to have a long overdue discussion, young lady". A lay is a kind of epic poem. (Also, back in chapter 1, Madam Bones should be wearing a suit, not a suite.)

Sincerely,
Qoheleth
Rainstrom chapter 12 . 11/9
This is a good story, so far, but I get the feeling that things have been going too easy for Sirius and Harry. I hope for some challenges as the second year begins.
azulkan2 chapter 12 . 11/6
Great story. More soon please.
AshesGleamandGlow chapter 12 . 11/6
I love this. I love this so much.

The Younger Half of AshesGleamandGlow
DamianWayneLives chapter 12 . 11/2
Poor Hermione! She really doesn't get it. I sympathize. Social stuff is Hard!
MeinGimli chapter 12 . 10/31
Dumbledore should do something about those annoyances called FF authors.
they always screw up his plans for the greater good. ;)
Ducky1776 chapter 12 . 10/29
Your story has a lot of potential; I hope you continue it! I'm very partial to Sirius raising Harry stories.
misswitlock16 chapter 12 . 10/14
I really like it hope you add more
pokefan366 chapter 12 . 10/13
Please keep writing. This story's great so far.
Sourav768728 chapter 12 . 10/10
great story please update
lmill123 chapter 12 . 10/8
Good story. I do wonder if Hermione will ever learn. Her problem is that she believes she is not only better than those around her, but that she also knows better what is good for everyone else that's not an adult or book.
It does seem as though Ron's letter has damaged his friendship with Harry, not that he ever was a very good friend. Not with his temper and his jealously and his thinking everything should just be handed to him. Then there is his resentment and jealously towards his brothers. Never once thinking about the fact that everything they have, they have worked very hard for. I also think Harry would be much better off with Neville for a friend. Looking forward to your next update and maybe Sirius and Amelia tearing a strip off Molly for her defense of Dumbledore and you just know Ron was told either Harry was lying or at the very least exaggerating the truth about his family.
lizzy384 chapter 12 . 10/6
Hee-hee, oh good old Hermione - she does mean well, but especially when she was this age, she really was a stickler for her books!

Poor Harry with Ron - though again, we know how easily Ron got hurt, so hopefully they can work it out ;-)

And you never need to apologise on slow updates. So much happens in RL beyond our control. And being there for your mum is way more important that us getting quick updates. Make sure you look after yourself too. It's easy to lose that when a loved one is unwell.
lizzy384 chapter 10 . 10/6
I'm loving this story...I had it sitting in my to-read folder for ages, and now I'm gobbling up the chapters ;-)

One query re this chapter...the Will didn't leave anything to Harry? I mean, I know he has his own decent sized vault, and obviously his guardians would take care of him, but I would have thought the remainder of their estate would go to Harry after all the other bequests had been made? (sorry, the lawyer in me can't help it!) ;-)