Reviews for The Fairy Contender
13RoniN13 chapter 84 . 9/8
This entire chapter was one big ball of emotions. The Grand Finale of a battle was intense and that final goodbye was beautifully done.
B1tt3rb33f chapter 1 . 8/29
After reading this, I have to say, I love the idea of the plates. I also like the canon, and how you also payed attention to detail. I would love to do some kind of collab after I finish Beyond Legend and The PSI Saga. You're really good at writing as well. I love this story already.
warrior of six blades chapter 2 . 7/8
Well, looks like Nic has met up with Erza and is growing fond of her, while Cana who he's known briefly is to a lesser degree. Nic's training with the Splash Plate and use against those thugs/bandits was done in a believable manner. His kind demeanor and caring heart seems to have earned Erza's interest, even if both don't fully realize in what way yet.

Erza seeing him strong helps her trust him to ask for his assistance in her mission for herself, Natsu, and Gray to go after Erigor. With Lucy in tow on Mirajane's request and would soon former the strongest team of Fairy Tail!

Greeninja helping Natsu against Kageyama was nice to see and a good show, brief as it was, of Greeninja's ability to fight mages. While Charizard gave her a good ride across the sky and close to Fairy Tail. Saving her some time walking back to town.

At the train station Nic's Spark plate was proven VERY effective with so many bodies to act as conductors to their own allies. Like a chain shock effect would've been my strategy when fighting a mob like that, but Nic's Spark, charge beam, and Thunder were good too.
warrior of six blades chapter 1 . 7/8
A good start for this story of how Nic became the bearer of the plates of Arceus, but only starts out with five as the rest either scatter or must be unlocked.

I Nic going so far to hide it at first was understandable, but telling Fairy Tail so much about the Pokemon world seems dicey. I think just giving a explanation about his powers would've been better. Like saying thanks to the plates he has been trusted to wield, he's able to use their unique powers. But must find and unlock the rest.

Any who, Nic did good use of both the poison plate and the flame plate so far. So I look forward to more.
Water Titan chapter 86 . 6/5
Okau, this has been a long time coming. Sorry it took me so long. First off, this was a great story from start to finish. You merged Nic into the Fairy Tail Universe nicely and even made Pokemon have a lasting impact on their world. Great job with that. Merging two different universes is hard, but you managed it will with your own orignal arcs and ideas. Even brought forth so much foreshadowing that I'm exicted to read the sequel. My only concerns are little awkard bits. There are times where the deacription, narration, or dialogue comes across as odd due to either missing words or they didn’t seem realistic. As if someone would say it like that, you know? And that's prinarily due to the lack of conjunctions and awkward phrasing. Otherwise, it's solid. At least, it is for me.
At first, I was afraid you were gonna overpower Nic during the Grand Magic Games, but I completely understand why you did it the way You did. it was nessecary and well done when it came down to ending. Great job on that! The way everything tied in together made it seem like these two worlds are meant to be together. Well done. Cabt wait to read the sequel!
THE GREAT AARON chapter 85 . 5/10
This is such an awesome story. This the best story that I read, yet. I love the fight scenes and the last one was AWESOME. ALL THE WAY!
honeybadger894 chapter 37 . 5/8
KrokorokRath
sparkydragon98 chapter 85 . 5/1
This story is amazing! I gotta say, this is the best Fairy Tail/Pokemon crossover I’ve ever read! I loved the NicxErza moments, and your fights are SO awesome, especially Nic’s battles against Lysandre and the battles in the last chapter! I am DEFINTIELY looking forward to reading the sequel!
sparkydragon98 chapter 84 . 5/1
The battles in this chapter were magnificent, but there's one thing I'm confused about. I know that Hoopa is a Ghost-Psychic type, but I don't know anything about his Unbound form. Is that form also a Ghost type? If so, then wouldn't Staraptor's Close Combat be ineffective? Still, awesome fights!
duskrider chapter 8 . 3/22
Nice looks like Grass type using a healing ability.
duskrider chapter 7 . 3/22
I rather like Mega Charizard X. I wonder if Nic has the second mega stone for Charizard so he can enter Mega Charizard Y state.
duskrider chapter 6 . 3/22
Nice choice of plate for this. I think that this could help with the fight against the ghost like beings that are sent for the guild later.
duskrider chapter 1 . 3/19
Nice start. Rather like his plate choices.
Personally I would have gone for Water, Flying, Grass, Fire, and Normal myself but that is more due to me not having electronics I would have taken with. Water to not drown, Flying to fly, Grass due to the mix of healing and powders that can add tricks to the fight, Fire to light stuff on fire to cook food and stay warm, Normal due to the mix of moves it has like Protect, Quick Attack, Swift and others.
Freerunner4427 chapter 86 . 3/19
YES! SEQUAL!
SwansMessYouUp chapter 1 . 3/9
Dear Insane Dominator,

While reading this fic, I have noticed something that several others have missed. What I'm trying to say, and I mean this in the best possible way, is that your main character is undeniably, irrefutably a Marty Stu.

Don't try and deny it, you know it's true. Nic has been shown to be quite an amazing guy, and he always wins every fight, women want to be with him and men want to be him.

Granted, in Fairy Tail almost everyone wins every fight, and they can be repetitive, buuuuut let me make my point:

Nic has done almost everything impossibly right: he got Erza to be his girlfriend (which happens everytime with Marty Stues in this fandom), he has super amazing powers and beats everyone he meets, he's so handsome, you don't want to get him angry, he kept Minerva from becoming a total b##ch...

But don't think that just because I'm calling you out on this means that I'm being a jerk, I've written my own Mary Sue stories before. Everything here is meant to be constructive criticism, okay?