Reviews for Cycles Upon Cycles
TheLostArchivist chapter 3 . 10/5
That's one of the more "oh crap" meetings I've seen for the poor Citadel Council.

Also, I agree that the Citadel probably has its own indoctrination system. There's no sane reason that everyone would be that hooked onto the Eezo bandwagon without any questioning whatsoever, and their reaction to the Reapers was... odd.
TheLostArchivist chapter 2 . 10/5
It appears at first glance that the terrans are bizarrely trusting here, and that the translators were imported from Star Trek, a setting that secretly runs on magic and not science (explain Q...).

However, given that the terrans have psychics (there's at least the Protoss observer) on that ship, it all can be explained:

(Except for the part where the language was somehow put on the translators, because while a psychic might be able to read it from the Quarians' minds, there's no quick way to put it on the translators since machines aren't psychic...

Maybe someone there sent a heck of a first-contact package and the AI managed to decode whatever numerical patterns were used as a baseline...)

The psychics, though, could have checked if the Quarians were telling the truth about their own information, much less what they were doing there. The part about the Batarians being known as pirates and slavers even as they just appeared is a bit looser, but it's possible that the terrans asked about what other races the Quarians knew. If they mentioned the Council it probably did include a list of the client races.
TeknikRevolt chapter 38 . 10/3
I reread this fic every time the seasons change. I hope that this gets finished one day, but I understand if you don't. You started publishing your own works, (which I assume is more rewarding due to you both owning the figurative sandbox and earning tangible profits!) and I have had Alpha Sanction on my wishlist for a year. But the sheer epic scale and struggle in this work has me coming back again and again.

This is perhaps my fourth attempt at actually writing you a review. The first three were composed in 2018's winter and were overly long and incredibly invested. I swear, I wrote around two or three page essays dissecting the balance of the respective powers, their technological conflicts, and culminating in character studies for Jenkins,, Amon!Shep, and Umojan!Kasumi.. all of it a needless attempt to show proof that this fic is one of my favorite fanworks by throwing a tome of verbiage in your inbox. Ha!

Honestly, I love this fic, and given that another of my favorites (assumed dead) suddenly pulled a Phoenix, I hope that you someday continue it. I finally figured out how to save fics via following/faving on an actual ff.n account so I promise that as soon as I get a notification, it'll be read ASAP!

Good luck with your future endeavors!
Ultramarine756 chapter 1 . 9/15
started rereading this story again. So I decided to leave a message. really enjoy this story, hope you're doing well and staying healthy, and hope you come back to this story at some point.
ben.barnet.9 chapter 38 . 8/4
so will there be an update to this story anytime soon should i stop being interested in this story
Love the story, but I
have to ask could Iget a suit of that power armor?
yeah chapter 7 . 5/24
four more days than ı unleash the swarm...if that is not scary ı dont know what is
dirtrevor chapter 7 . 5/6
You seem to have a bad habit of using the word that a lot when it is not necessary. Try saying sentences aloud with and without the word to see the difference. I'm not trying to discredit your writing, it just bugs me.
RaveFoil063 chapter 6 . 4/26
as a fan of borderlands when ever I see the word roach I think ratch... is that odd?
also liking it so far. Keep going.
Tendragos chapter 38 . 4/25
This was a fun story! I've never played mass effect, (I have spent a fair bit of time in the korpulu sector though.) and I really enjoyed your fic here. To be honest, it reads like a better version of cannon. (I tend to think a lot of the better fanfiction stories are better than their source material.) And I think this story flows through the SC story better than Legacy of the Void.

Thanks for writing! Stories like this are making my life bearable right now, so I very much appreciate it!
RaveFoil063 chapter 4 . 4/25
... are you a Derpy fan?
Jackejsh chapter 38 . 2/4
Please keep updating! I love this fic
Brandon Storm chapter 38 . 12/14/2019
Okay finally read the whole thing and question: is that really Tassadar, the leviathan, a Xelnaga or some combination there of.
KyliaQuilor chapter 38 . 12/5/2019
excellent chapter.
KyliaQuilor chapter 37 . 12/5/2019
Nothing wrong with borrowing from RvB, long as you admit it. I knew it!

Very fun chapter.