Reviews for Cycles Upon Cycles
devo342 chapter 2 . 7/14
Ah one of those fics where the quarians make first contact and are treated like saints and the batarians are introduced just to be curb stomped if it wasn't for the fact half decent starcraft fics are almost non existent I'd have dropped the fic here and Quairans willingly negotiating with the geth right off the bat stretches my SoD I'm also confused why the he'll you think adjutants are proper AI they aren't sentiantand would therefore be VI.
devo342 chapter 1 . 7/14
Glad that Raynor didn't kill Tosh for some godforsaken reason here. Also glad that becuase you wrote this pre LotV Zeratul still lives. It does feel like a bit of a waste to just write the UED off but then agian they'd probably be almost as big a threat to the council races as the reapers and I can see why you'd want to avoid that
Arekanderu chapter 34 . 7/10
I am loving this story. You really mesh the universes well!
VampireDraken chapter 1 . 7/8
When is the next chapter? The story just got to a cliffhanger and I want to know what happens
SaintMichael95 chapter 12 . 5/21
Wait... The krogan can't have sex anymore?! Well thats stupid! Honestly if I had discovered that my dick was gone and I couldn't have sex anymore I would off myself...
SaintMichael95 chapter 4 . 5/19
I've always thought the "you can only choose one" thing to be so so stupid. I kinda wish it was done away with completely in this.
illerayn chapter 4 . 5/19
An amazing chapter.
I love how you have merged SC and ME timelines and history. Your descriptions of SC missions are really good and made me relive them (and you added the closure for Niadra story ! (which was not done by blizzard ... (sad.
The events you created (I suppose) for Legacy of the Void were really interested, and I wouldn't have minded playing them in the game.
This chapter is also a good reminder for the majors event of SC, so thanks you for writing.
SaintMichael95 chapter 2 . 5/19
Well, I can totally see the Krogan joining up.
mordreek chapter 33 . 4/29
Okay, forgive the screeching noises as I get the rust off my hinges, but I am back.

Im not going to lie, the news reports from Kate are some of my favorite parts of the story, It gives an outside pov of recent story events as well as a wider picture at times of effects current and past. All in all a great addition.

Yeeeaah, Samara is someone I always had mixed feeling about...okay at the heart of it I don't like her. She might be a sexy big boobed alien lady...but she's also a stone cold sociopath at the behest of her 'code' and willing to kill large numbers of people with the same as her justification.

It's interesting to see Nihilus interact with her as opposed to Samara just getting to give her side like before.

And here we have another point that always bugged me: How Morinth lasted so long. Point blank, she started out as a sheltered girl who mind drank people...Samara was already an experienced merc by the time Morinth went rogue..why did it take 400 YEARS for Samara to get close other than EA drivel writing?

In the case between Nihilus and Samara, yeah he created a situation that 'put people in danger' but only after days of having Samara try to murder him without hearing him out and him holding back to not kill her...can't really say i'd have done anything different.

Yeah, the protoss are a really strong race even in the 'rock papers scissors' mechanic of the game, and as usual Selendis is not one to mince words. Sounds like the clones were keeping the good stuff close to their home base, not a bad idea but considering they are at best a bioplague with weapons not something that will work long term.

Yeah, infested tanks are *nasty* to face.

Well then, looks like "kill it with fire." works wonders here.

Although they have a good point about the clones making *no noise period* that's something that is basically a biological imperitive/instinct...something is off in the cloning process...or Morinth is involved somehow.

oooor they are indoctrinated...joy. Reaper cannon fodder clones with high tech weapons...greeeaaat.

Yeah Shepard and Co. How dare you try to work out the horrific implications indoctrinated clones becoming shock troops for the Reapers when there is an Asari nookie vampire to hunt down.

Well at least that putz is gone, can't say I feel a shred of sympathy for the bloke.

Whelp that didn't take long, probably cause they had psychics with them and all but still :P time to see how Morinth gets pwned here...

Huh, that's one way to fit the Ardat-Yakshi into the crossover, what she can do seems pretty in line with some of the crazier aspects of StarCraft abilities. And this is a *much* more plausible situation than the canon one, that was just begging for something to go wrong.

and there's the revelation about their familial status...and the fight is already over. Yeah, Morinth wasn't that tough to begin with, but you'd think she'd last a bit longer :P

But you managed to give the scene a good sense of closure in regards to Morinth's end. It is solemn without being heavy.

Hah! "We kind of like him, and you're being a bitch." love that line, and good to see Nihilus getting backup in dealing with Samara.

Eh, i can see how Samara would be that type, not the fanatic but the person genuinely devoted to the code, but still, the same code got her killed because *she was wrong* about what Nihilus was doing and refused to admit it...as 'noble' as her death was, she literally wasted her life and all the possible good she could have done.

Tarquin, nice to see him actually get to accomplish something other than dying with his men because of bs writing.

Nihilus is a better man than me, yeah I'd hold a grudge the same as he says but again the reason that happened was *she* attacked *him* without any verification. She created the situation and the grudge, but yeah, the just killing your daughter bit feels more likely, her using that as a way to commit suicide by proxy so she wouldn't have to live with it.

Oh dear, Cerberus has the Shadow Broker lair...that is not good.

All in all a great chapter to come back to :)
Ilireanwri chapter 34 . 4/8
Ohhh, shit is going to hit the fan... I'm looking forward to read that. But I hope you'll finish with Cerberus in a few more chapters than Xen, but less than Saren (the reason for that is, while I've got nothing against the way you write them, but personally I hate Cerberus in canon (I always thought they were hypocrites at their best times) but here they're even worse; working together with those who destroyed your Planet and aiding all kinds of mad people just to hurt others (here they can't even hide behind the lie that all they do is for "the greater good" of humanity, as they do everything to destroy humanity for petty reasons...))
The codex entry was a bit disappointing (I like the way you make the Intros from the Alliance's point of view (UNN) and the outro from the Council's (Codex)), as it would be interesting to read about the various SC-things from the POV of the council
I hope you'll update again soon, as I'm really looking forward to read more of this story
Lord Winterman chapter 1 . 4/4
I have to say that this a more interesting conclusion to the war with Amon than what we got in Legacy of the Void.
Will you be implementing the appearance of the purifiers? There is also the multiple varieties of different protoss units like in Legacy of the Void. Dragoons, adepts, etc.
W8W chapter 34 . 2/28
Hybrids will definitely be lots of troubles probably also to Cerberus. Codex like ME internet, "Hybrids" should give definition from dictionary.
W8W chapter 33 . 2/28
I prefer Liara over Samara. Because of her code she lack elasticity to work with heroes in this story. If Nihlus was allowed to explain situation after smuggler there would be no mess. Look like Protheans were trying to make psionics immune to eezo, with limited success. Alliance research will be definitly important later. Maybe Liara will become what was intended for the species. Cerberus controls shadow broker resources, not good.
W8W chapter 32 . 2/28
Thane working with Solus make sense they both seek redemption. Batarians showing concern about Mordin was nice even if only because he was healing them. "Primal Zerg leaned table manners" Dehaka with fork, knife, plate and napkin if hilarious idea. High Governer show that he care abouthis people.
1,221 | Page 1 2 3 4 11 .. Last Next »