Reviews for Cycles Upon Cycles
chidoriprime chapter 35 . 8/1/2018
Anderson, NO!

… And you're back! :D
Guest chapter 35 . 8/1/2018
Will Edi be alright!? What about the Cereberus Ship!? Happy to finally see this story update again after So Long!
Looperst chapter 35 . 8/1/2018
This is amazing! I really love your writing style and find it highly amusing how you end each chapter with a StarCraft quote and replace one of the words in that quote with the word “muffin.” Please do more!
Yankee377 chapter 35 . 8/1/2018
THE ZOMBIE MUFFIN RETURNS
but good chapter as always
goddragonking chapter 35 . 8/1/2018
great chapter , love the way this story is going, keep up the excellent work! Keep the good writing and hope for more update soon can't wait to read more:)
Pteaset chapter 4 . 8/1/2018
10 of 10 love it all
Getsugaru chapter 35 . 8/1/2018
This chapter is beautiful. For a short time I thought Anderson would simply throw the nuke through the teleporter and into the enemy, but taking it there himself and guaranteeing its detonation was a much more powerful action. I'm definitely going to miss him, but hopefully his sacrifice won't be in vain.

With regards to the Hybrid, it's interesting that you had Shepard joke about them following him around. During the (admittedly) long wait, I'd considered reaching out to you with a plot hook idea: a Hybrid created as Amon perished or not long after, and therefore one that has only a basic understanding of things but also seeks to understand its place in the universe. Specifically, one Shepard would encounter, talk to, and convince (or be convinced by) to join the Strikers for now. The advantages include an additional siphon for Amon's excess energy from Shepard, an additional (and very different) perspective of the events occurring around the Strikers, and a very strong creature with strong psionics as an additional unit. The risks include pissing off Kerrigan, the Hybrid being allowed to live, it taking actions the governments would not approve of, and the Strikers being even more alienated from the Alliance. So the fact that you joked about it is quite humorous to me (feel free to use this idea if you want; if you go with it, I'd suggest having the Hybrid's favorite question being "why" :P).

Excellent poke at Raynor as well; he does seem to have an unfortunate tendency to be right in the middle of cosmic-shattering events, so while he arguably has the most experience dealing with them, it does also imply a bit of a complex (similar to Superman in the old DCAU Justice League cartoon).

Really looking forward to where you go with this; I'd love to see Hybrid fighting with us instead of against us for once. Also would enjoy a conversation between them and Amon Shepard.

You don't say "no" to the Muffin Voice.

Getsugaru
Pteaset chapter 3 . 8/1/2018
10 of 10
Pteaset chapter 2 . 8/1/2018
I’m so glad I found the story literally my two favorite games are mass of fact and StarCraft so to have a mash up of the two is amazing
Pteaset chapter 1 . 8/1/2018
OK I’ll like it I’m on board
X59 chapter 35 . 8/1/2018
Brilliantly done and while I'm sad about Anderson's death, the man went out like a boss with a dying moment of awesome.

I'm eager to see Shepard and the Hybrids clash though the thought of them following him home like puppies is simply hilarious.

Lastly congratulations on your book.
AmethystPone chapter 35 . 8/1/2018
That Normandy crash feels like something something Norad something something...
Ilireanwri chapter 35 . 8/1/2018
Nice, you're back :) Thanks for updating this story again. This story is awesome and it gets better with each chapter. Nicely done :). I'm very excited to see what'll happen in the next chapter :). But R.I.P. Anderson, you'll be missed; at least he died on his terms and went out with a blast.
But one question I have is: Kerrigan and Raynor. what is their relationship with each other? are they still in love or have they both agreed to go different ways? I ask, because you never really answer this and leave their few interactions rather vague... (and I admittingly hope they'll get their happiness in the and because I think after all the shit each of them went through they deserve it)
Huh, I'm curious how the Hybrids will rect to Shepard being Amon (sadly the Tal'Darim are enemys in this fic... they had some very interesting units in the Game and it would've been cool if they where part of the united Protoss, partially because it would confuse the Citadell even more when they tried to understand the Protoss because of the radical different behaviour each faction has (Khalai are rather aloof but at same time rather direct, Nerazim are secretive but more open with their feelings which makes them a bit easier to understand for non Protoss, Purifiers are Robots and finally the Tal'Darim are rather violent and short tempered)). It would be hilarious if some of them end up following him (and if you want to go completely crazy, have them see him as a parental figure... the thought of some of the Hybrids calling Shepard daddy, to his annoyance, and acting more like children than monsters has me in stitches XD... Now I almost hope you'll do something like that, even if it would be almost impossible to include that in the story)
Anyway, I'm very curious what you've planned for this story's future and I can't wait to read it. I hope you'll update again soon.
Another point of curiosity: how is the relationship between the Koprulu Alliance and the minor Citadel races (Elcor, Hanar and Drell, Raloi)? and will they encounter some other races (either OCs or unknown ones like the Leviathans)?
Eins minus zwei chapter 7 . 8/1/2018
Letting civilians alive makes no sense in fight between species.
ShadowCub chapter 35 . 8/1/2018
Jim you're so full of hubris its ridiculous. Respect the chain of command idiot.
Kerrigan...you're the Queen you control the swarm it doesn't control you.
1,393 | « Prev Page 1 .. 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 21 .. Last Next »