Reviews for In the Garden
WeAreTomorrow chapter 1 . 7/15/2010
This is amazing, especially for a first story.

I have to say the first part is my favorite, the shy little Sam watching Frodo through the trees. Too shy to come out but always there in the shadows. The way you described his love for the half-ling, a bruising and rubbed raw hopefulness, is really touching. Your wording throughout the whole story is very unique.

Nice. Very nice.
eyyrie chapter 1 . 11/1/2009
Wow, that was heartbreaking. ;_; And so beautiful.
EragonsGirlfriend chapter 1 . 12/30/2007
This is so cute! It was very well written and well thought out.
Lowri Brandybuck chapter 1 . 9/17/2004
Oh, this is sweet

Very nicely done mate
Golden Elf chapter 1 . 9/14/2004
I just discovered this story. It was so touching. Thanks for the look into Sam's life.
Shee chapter 1 . 6/29/2003
Beautiful. Really beautiful. I love your use of metaphors, and the way this piece is so simple and raw. I especially liked the way it ended - very poignant.
Sempai Tnberry chapter 1 . 1/5/2003
Beautiful. Amazing. Brilliant. And that's an understatement.
DarkenedSkye chapter 1 . 12/8/2002
That is so beautiful! Your writing is so descriptive, I can envision the scenes perfectly But it's so sad that Sam gets left behind -sniff-

.::Skye::.
Phuq chapter 1 . 12/5/2002
Awwww... poor Samwise ghets left behind.

Cookies!
Desert Butterfly chapter 1 . 12/1/2002
Wow, this is a really beautiful story. I love this style, and what you've done with the words, how you've painted these amazing pictures with them.

I love all the little things, descriptions of Sam's love for Frodo and the hints of it when he was young.

Very, very good.
Isildae chapter 1 . 12/1/2002
This is delicate and sad in it's own way. Very lovely indeed! Your writing has a way of taking you to that specific place at that specific time, very poetic.

I'm very pleased that it was from Sam's POV, as most of this sort of fiction is from Frodo's. This was terribly bittersweet in a way that I truely love.

Great fic!
A Elbereth chapter 1 . 12/1/2002
That was beautiful, and so sad... so sad...
Stalin's Inner Child chapter 1 . 12/1/2002
zzzzzz...wha? Is it over now? *yawns* Meh.

Sorry, in my humble opinion it seemed just to detailed. Nothing really, well, happened. While the descriptions were creative, pretty words alone don't make a story. I don't know, maybe I'm just uncultured swine but this is the type of fic I can't wait to put down. Too long winded. Then again it /is/ based of Tolkien's work so what can I expect?