Reviews for The Oak and the Ash
very sweet story
Peter T. Duende chapter 10 . 11/27/2017
Beautiful!

A suggestion or two though: You should consider the story as complete, because it is; so people are certain that the story is over
Also, you really should lower the rating. "M (mature)" is too high a rating for this story. At the most the story is a "T."

Please, continue writing stories and such if you would!

-UD
StellarF chapter 7 . 11/2/2017
Your understanding of character is excellent and I love that darcy is still grumpy and terse, not the sap-in-love that we see so often. The heat and discomfort of d&e's stay in meryton perfectly mirrors the atmosphere of tense forboding so well evoked in the story and I cannot wait to see how it ends.
I do, however have a problem with the language used in the story, some of which is anachronistic. For example, you repeatedly use 'did verbhe did go, she did see etc. This should only be used as emphasis: e. g. He didn't say hello, but he did nod his head.
Well done on an excellently written story.
StellarF chapter 1 . 11/2/2017
Well done on an excellently written story.
guiltypleasure101 chapter 10 . 12/2/2016
I loved your story - it was so elegantly written, too!
inlovewithHP chapter 9 . 4/21/2016
love it
inlovewithHP chapter 10 . 4/21/2016
absolutely love this story.
hongkongphooey63 chapter 10 . 11/17/2015
So I only discovered your story at chapter 9 and fell in love with it immediately and lo and behold chapter 10 pops up today and it's the end! I'm half sad, because it's so good, and half pleased because I like stories of this length. Well done and I look forward to more from you.
nessy22 chapter 10 . 11/17/2015
What a wonderful ending! A great story with so much emotion. Just love it! Thank you!
alix33 chapter 10 . 11/17/2015
"serve to sooth your throat" - "soothe your throat" (sooth is a noun and a synonym for the word truth).
Steeleo chapter 10 . 11/16/2015
What a great ending! Thank you for sharing this story.
nanciellen chapter 10 . 11/16/2015
Great story. Just lpved it. Thank you.
EngLitLover chapter 9 . 11/15/2015
What a wonderful story. Great plot, great writing. This portrays a more realistic scenario that that both Elizabeth and Darcy are somewhat insecure in the early days of their wedding.
EngLitLover chapter 5 . 11/15/2015
Wow this story turned dark in a hurry. It seemed to be light hearted one.
EngLitLover chapter 3 . 11/15/2015
Elizabeth bring silly in love! This is a fun read.