Reviews for In The Hands Of A Child
D.B. Cooper chapter 4 . 11/2/2012
Good story, good cliffhanger!
D.B. Cooper chapter 1 . 11/2/2012
Wow, it is nice to read this story again. I think that it was one of the first Dungeons & Dragons cartoon fan fiction pieces that I ever read. Ah, the memories!
hj marsh chapter 9 . 8/14/2012
like it love it need more of it. your fan hj marsh is looking forward to reading more of this story created by you.
D.B. Cooper chapter 9 . 10/19/2011
This is without a doubt one of the best Dungeons & Dragons stories I have ever read.
Ranuel chapter 9 . 6/13/2010
I really enjoyed this, especially the characterization of Rahmoud who was one of my favorite characters to appear on the show. The plot is good and has some unexpected twists. My only complaint is that you succeed a little too well at making Caitlin annoying. One the one hand it was good that she wasn't a two dimensional plot device, on the other I was rooting for the bad guys at key points.
The Watcher chapter 1 . 2/12/2008
Kryschenn, let me start by saying that "Dungeons and Dragons" was one of my favorite cartoon series. I really liked the way you showed Dungeon Master's "pupils" older, wiser, and dealing with adult issues while trying to cope with the amazing, unbelievable experiences they had in The Realm.

As a Caseworker by profession, I am all too familiar with the reality of "children having children" (and it is never something you get used to seeing.) I felt that you handled this painful issue tastefully, though it takes massive 'willing suspension of disbelief' to imagine Hank and Sheila being able to live as well as they do starting their lives together as teen parents. Compared to this, enchanted roller coasters, Arrows of Light and Venger's sorcery seems downright realistic.

Overall, an entertaining story. Keep up the good work!
Sealgirl chapter 9 . 11/7/2004
Hi Kryschenn,

What can I say? It’s an excellent story. Tonnes of good bits; interesting OCs especially Caitlin, the obligatory Star Wars reference, the grown up (well, mostly) kids – especially Rob instead of Bobby, it suits him much better in this story. My favourite bit was with Caitlin and Shadow Demon… *Shadow Deemie* … very funny.

There’s very little on the negative side, certainly nothing to spoil the story at all. But I did think very occasionally Venger didn’t quite sound right, particularly with his servants. The threat about sending SD to Tiamat was good, but the way he phrased it didn’t seem quite Venger-y enough. That is only a very, VERY small quibble.

This was an excellent story, well paced, well written and thoroughly enjoyable.

Sealgirl
Shadow-Assassin chapter 1 . 10/20/2004
Wow! This looks really good so far! I can't wait to read more! )

This is going in with my fave stories.
Zakiyah chapter 9 . 9/1/2003
Krys, you captured all the characters perfectly. Not only that, but you captured the essence of a little kid without romantacizing her, which would have been annoying. Not only that, but you tell a rippin' good yarn! Your characters under stress behave like characters under stress, and still stay in character despite being 'all grown up' now. Humor, drama, imaginative scenery, good pacing, great portrayal of Venger and Rahmoud. This could be turned into a really exciting episode! I loved it, what more can I say? I can't think of a single thing you could change to improve it, not even a darned typo! Well done!
Ashti chapter 9 . 7/27/2003
Aw, geez! *slaps herself on her forehead* I got so distracted by your LotR story I forgot to review this one!

And after all the time it took me to read this, too..

_ I still have trouble seeing Bobby more grown-up, and the others somewhat older as well, but that didn't stop me from enjoying the story :D

I liked it, but seem to lack any well-meant words to help you get better at writing.. Heh, you seem to be doing just on your own -

Keep up the good work :D
NikiJ chapter 9 . 2/26/2003
oh WOW. This is definitely getting printed and going in my book of keepers. *curses the fact she had to read it in little bits and pieces over a span of days* You wrote this so wonderfuly, I love the of those stories that readily engages your senses. Hopefully ou will write more in the future? Don't make me . ;)
Iolo chapter 9 . 2/3/2003
I'm so torn!

I wanted to find out what would happen, but now it's completed, I need more, more I tell you!

It would appease my greed greatly if you were to write another fic.

Yours tentatively,

Me.
tsunami-chan3 chapter 5 . 1/14/2003
Great story. Glad that HS are together. Can't wait for the next chapter. Oh and Rob & Terri too. I had hoped that you wouldn't forget her.
Riggs chapter 4 . 1/11/2003
It's good to see that you're adding this excellent story to 's somewhat meagre collection of D&D cartoon fics!
Iolo chapter 4 . 1/10/2003
Ok, I hate gushy reviews, but this really is very good.

I can't think of a single criticism of your characterisation, plot, dialogue, description...anything.

Bah.

I hate it when that happens.

Anyhow, please keep it going.