Reviews for Tanglewood
the Honeycomb chapter 13 . 7/20
Alright do I know Jareth is set up as a wicked villain at the end here, but I think he is fully intending to collect both brothers at the end of this journey; after all, he wants Sarah and Sarah herself can move mountains. They'll get it done.
the Honeycomb chapter 13 . 7/20
Finally! In chapter 12 we finally see Sarah step beyond petulance and she actually starts THINKING. And using that beautiful brain (and sass) to at least stand in the same room as Jareth without throwing a tantrum or spitting fire. She's still spitting fire but now it's measured, more controlled in it's delivery, and actually useful.
the Honeycomb chapter 10 . 7/19
I'm getting REAL SICK of Sarah wandering off and I'm getting REAL SICK of Sarah always playing the pity me card. She has not ONCE attempted to take responsibility for her own actions and is very much still a child.
the Honeycomb chapter 8 . 7/19
I like how you're blending myths here and weaving your own tale. I guessed the ferryman's identity and the "King" of the sea, but I'm not sure where you're bringing us... I have maybe one guess but I don't have a lot of confidence in him. The name Tanglewood seems so familiar though... maybe I've heard it before?
the Honeycomb chapter 3 . 7/19
Ahhh the build-up is so good! I'm thinking that when Toby makes his wish both he and Sarah will be pulled into whatever situation is awaiting them.
the Honeycomb chapter 3 . 7/19
Dang you are especially good at suspense. On the category of "thriller" alone I'd give you a 10/10. You've made the mundane enjoyable and also slightly terrifying. Amazing!
Linariel chapter 13 . 7/17
It's been a while since I read this and more chapters have been added so yay. As always you impress with your unique quality of writing you dive into myths and mythology left and right with a spin that still feels right in the Labyrinth world. Jareth is dark as ever but still maintains that refined quality of dangerous and attractive. You just always have a way of balancing out his personality. I love your take on the circumstances surrounding Jateth as a villain or rather he was the made the villain in some ways to justify Sarah's thoughtless actions but perhaps he's not actually a villain the aspect Sarah thought then. He's still dark and threatening but this more him than just being a fairy tale evil there's more to him than that and we even see glimpses of that in the movie as well you play it out so perfectly in your writing always have but yes I do see an even more dangerous Jareth under the surface. Love that you kept Sarah that same tough, strong girl who will not easily bend to the Goblin King if she did then honestly it would be a rather boring story. Their contrasting personalities and similarities are some of the reasons Ive always enjoyed this pairing. I also love the unique quality this story has bringing in Toby at a older age after everything that has happened. His almost idolization of Jareth is always fun to read he's almost like a mediator between the two. I must say I liked how Sarah had to face a situation where her past actions were brought to light with her brother. The fact they both wished a sibling away gives a common ground sometimes this concept is overdone but you have Sarah a struggle she needs to overcome facing what happened and her choice to eish her brother away by giving Toby a common ground it let's them have an understandiGah this story is just fantastic I love the developing relationship through slow burn, the tender sibling moments, Sarah having to face her past actions she buried and Jareth with all intentions of keeping her from leaving. And the change of pace with the three working together to cross a deadly forest in order to rescue Max perfect just perfect. Love the adventure, romance, myths, and everyhting. Its pretty obvious to me that Jareth has some kind of plan up his sleeve and Sarah does have every reason to not fully trust him. Please continue when you can I'm really glad I took the time to catch up on reading this. Absalutely marvelous!
Jaddasroots chapter 13 . 7/15
Your writing is God tier. Hope to see more!
Love this story️ (And goblin market ofc. Perfect)
please update sooooon, the suspense is killing me
Big Fan chapter 13 . 7/2
This is an excellent story. I'm very excited for where you will go.
Nipahem Shadow chapter 13 . 6/27
Beautiful. Please, continue this.
Chancc chapter 1 . 6/26
AMAZING as always. I tend to take long breaks from ffnet and it’s always the highlight of my day to randomly login and see another chapter has been added!
allisonfreedman chapter 13 . 6/13
Rereading for the umpteenth time because I love this story so much! Hoping all is well with you and without sounding petulant I NEED ANOTHER CHAPTER. Just kidding, I'm praying for another chapter but I hope you know that your story is well-loved and eagerly anticipated :)
Keep on ! Amazing story!
Is brea liom cedfia chapter 13 . 6/5
love it, short and sweet and to the point. Your stories are so well crafted I can't wait for the next chapter xx
1,013 | Page 1 2 3 4 11 .. Last Next »