Reviews for Naruto: The Game of Life
dlowe2651 chapter 24 . 6/20
fucking awesome I hope you continue this story and update again soon
Mastersjtgames shut the fuck up retard.
MeSad chapter 10 . 6/15
I spent an hour writing a constructive criticism type review around the reasons why reverse grip is utterly shit at anything but assassinations assisted by stealth and/or henge (hug backstab should be an assassination staple in NarutoWorld) but it didn't post. Not gonna write that spiel again.
Constructive cri chapter 9 . 6/15
Reverse grip is, objectively (as in, not just my opinion), a very terrible way to grip a blade. The only benefits it has are that it looks cool, one very restrictive vertical downwards stab move and a hug backstab, it's way worse than the proper grip at literally everything else.
Imagine you're in a fight, you have two blades in a reverse grip and your opponent has one in it's right hand in a proper grip. All else is equal (height, body shape, weight, clothing, etc).
First imagine you try to stab in the most vulnerable place of your opponent's body, the belly.
Now imagine your opponent tries to stab you in the belly.
Who is more likely to succeed if both try to defend themselves? Who if neither tries (genjutsu, optical illusions, distraction, drugs, invisibility or plain superior speed can be used here)?
This time, imagine you attempt to stab your opponent's shoulder with the downwards vertical stab I mentioned, with your right hand. Now, your opponent takes one step back or forward.
If your opponent took a step back, you likely didn't even touch it with your blade. If it was a step forward, your opponent is inside your guard, safe from your right blade because it's at a very awkward angle for a backstab (your opponent can even use the unoccupied left hand to restrain your right) and your left blade because it is in a reverse grip too awkward for a belly stab, you can still do a backstab with the left one, but by the time you manage to do so your opponent already put a blade into your belly.
Take a tantō or kodachi sized long thing, hold it in both kinds of grips and extend your arm forward, move your simulated blade such that the tip is as far in front of you as possible, you should be able to see the difference in range.
It's worse at defense because it forces you to lift your entire arm above the path of any strike, this would prompt your opponent to attack primarily from above, and you'd likely have to block those strikes fully because deflecting them would likely result in injury of yourself. This also makes it easy for your opponent to make it more difficult for you to get into a position where you can stab it with your awkward reverse grip.
Reverse grip does have a place in a Ninja's combat repertoire as an assassination move, but everywhere else it is entirely counterproductive. It is only feasibly useful in a very simple scenario that requires very little combat prowess, as dropping from your hiding place for a surprise stab or using henge to get a hug into a vertical-downwards-stab-friendly position happens to be.
For all those reasons and many more I think anyone, even the most stealthy of ninjas, should train with the proper grip most of the time and only occasionally practice a reverse grip, because, in a botched assassination that devolves into combat, looking cool should be the last thing you focus on.
And why bother looking cool when you're not going to be seen by the ignorant masses that will think you look cool, but by the trained combatants that will know you're an idiot, I admit looking lke an idiot might get you some advantageous underestimation, though.
Koshiro Unohana chapter 10 . 6/12
With the scroll drops, what are the chances of you giving naruto Fujutsu Kyuīn? It is a rinnegan jutsu but it's fuinjutsu that the rinnegan grants without study, same as the Ten Tails Coffin Seal. So seeing natuto pull a Pein and absorbing jutsu would be pretty awesome.
Tdog Smith chapter 24 . 6/9
Loving the story so far can't wait to read future chapters.
Marie-S-Raven chapter 24 . 6/9
Love this story!
aey-vee chapter 24 . 6/5
Thank you for all the chapters. Very interesting story indeed. Please update again if you can
Mastersgtjames chapter 24 . 5/30
Finally caught up with the posted chapters.
For some reason, not even a mention of MC learning/gaining Mokuton(Wood Release).

Have been posting reviews/comments on each chapter as I read them. Giving an accurate(by me) view of how I feel about the story at that point as well as any thoughts/feelings that I could not shake by the time I got to the end of the chapter.
Mastersgtjames chapter 22 . 5/30
Gotta be honest here. MC's "bets" have already gotten old. He keeps making bets with people that are open-ended, letting them decide what he has to do with impunity. Essentially writing blank checks.
Mastersgtjames chapter 20 . 5/30
So... for this chapter.
For a "Perfect" Jinchuuriki host it seems strange that MC is incapable of going beyond Average in his Chakra Control. I mean, that does not feel perfect to me.
Also, Gotta be honest, this is feeling less and less like a Gamer story. I get that it has a System and stuff, but so do a lot of Isekai stories and they are not exactly considered Gamer stories. Just stories with a system. I feel like MC's System is incredibly weak/nerfed. Where is the store? Where are the OOC skills/abilities? It just feels very limited. I do not even get the feeling like MC could/would potentially become immortal, or Master ALL the skills/techniques. Like Iryojutsu, Genjutsu, etc... Also does not feel like there is ANY possibility of MC leaving this world to another, EVER. All of which are things that are kinda standard with Gamer stories.
Mastersgtjames chapter 17 . 5/30
LIES! There are tons of methods for immortality with Chakra and in the Naruto World.
Mastersgtjames chapter 16 . 5/30
Feels like MC should be improving more than he is, I mean, he has the Gamer System. Han Jee-Han. He should be improving faster, and definitely, after months of work, should have better levels, stats, skills, and abilities than the other academy students.
Mastersgtjames chapter 15 . 5/30
I feel like I need to point this out, what with that System Update, but...
Shinobi do not need, nor should they ever, call out the names of their attacks/ninjutsu. I mean, it would make no sense for a ninja to reveal themself, their attack, their abilities, or anything, by calling out their attacks like some Chuuni otaku. They only had them do that in the anime because it was for kids and it was shounen. But there is no way. LITERALLY no way, that they train "stealth" ninja/shinobi to call out attacks, vocally, when they are supposed to be undercover/hidden.
Mastersgtjames chapter 13 . 5/30
it seems unrealistic, more so than one would expect. I mean, MC leveled up, daily, for his training. Now a full month and he does not level once? what?
4,149 | Page 1 2 3 4 11 .. Last Next »