Reviews for The Root of All Evil Is Love
The-Midnight-Fae chapter 11 . 6/5
Hey, this is such gold.
I've just sat here reading this in one sitting.
Hope to see more.
Happy Summer!
japb chapter 1 . 5/30
This is pretty unique.. I'm impressed ;)
TheOneWhoMustNotBeNamed chapter 11 . 5/17
I really love how their interaction with each other, especially Tom's to Harru, progress.
LittleBlackLily chapter 11 . 5/11
hi, I have just joined and read it in two evenings. I really like your inner voice for Tom. He is bargaining with himself over how to treat Harry and you balance it perfectly. In the beginning when he needed self restraint not to hurt the idiot who stupidly spilled a love potion on himself and landed Tom in the middle of this mess as well. His voice of reason sounds consistent and almost the same, but you are very good at hinting on how his feelings change in the background.(uh, run! An Evil Smart Gorgeous Head Boy is chasing you with dark curses for even implying that he HAS feelings. Feelings are for weaklings and muggles)
I really like your style, and I am looking forward to see what’s gonna hapen to them when Harry “wakes up” from the love potion. I hope they can stay friends. Even with the initial ill intent, and copious amounts of pretending, in the end I think Tom is much more honest with Harry than most people in his life ever were.
But it will be a bad awakening when Harry realizes that he actually fell for his enemy. (Please dont change pow, I love to see this whole story building up from Tom’s point of view)
Tom will be so confused. His whole plan was built on the hypothesis that Harry already fancied him before the accident.
Also I love the way he is trying to explain away, why it is actually useful to hold Harry’s hand or kiss him, not realizing that at this point he might be masking a stronger and stronger attraction on his side as well.
Please keep writing them, I am really enamored with young Tom and Harry in your interpretation, and I hope after the fallout they will be able to stick together and help each other heal. :)
WyldeHeart chapter 11 . 5/8
A relationship between Tom and Harry that's depicted realistically? I thought I'd never see the day, but the very legend has appeared before my eyes.
TripOverFlatSurfaces chapter 11 . 4/25
Woah, Tom telling the truth when it doesn't explicitly benefit him? Who is this pod person that has replaced our fledgling Dark Lord? lol maybe he is getting attached; I don't think self-awareness is a trait that either of these two boys have in spades. I'm looking forward to the fall out after the potion fully wears off. Dumbledore tried to warn him! But it's his own fault if he didn't take it lolololol Man, it would be sad if it wasn't so funny that Tom has mistaken deep abiding hatred for love. Seems typical. As for Harry, on the other hand... Oh Harry, the emotional conflict is going to be real. Tom seemed like a non-murderous guy for few moments you know? How will Harry reconcile that hmmmhmm *sips tea*
So cool! I love this fic :)
Please keep the story going its getting good
Anon chapter 11 . 4/13
Well lolol Dumbledore did try to warn Tom XD
Opyd chapter 11 . 4/9
I missed you..I don't know how you do it..but your story is still awesome.

..and i freaking love you! :*
Looking out there chapter 11 . 4/9
Love this story! Please keep updating!
justaislinn chapter 4 . 4/8
That "and now, the weather" thing at the top, a Nightvale reference or me seeing connections where there's none?
Bc the weather segment never fails to make me chuckle bc what plays next is decidedly NOT a weather forecast, but it's so consistent and one of the less ridiculous things in Nightvale that it's become one of the funniest to me.
So yeah, kudos if it was, and thanks for the laugh even if it wasn't!
Write on:)
Lexisfightingrobots chapter 11 . 4/4
its always so long in between, but every time i see this fic updated, i get so excited. im more and more looking forward to the potion wearing off, and this chapter had me curious about how much dumbledoor is aware of harrys situation. a conversation between them, esp if he actually knows nothing other than toms interst, would be very interesting to see. id imagine itd deal w/ trying to give subtle hints to toms personality that would linger after the potion wore off, and harry taking it in stride.
Yes chapter 11 . 4/1
Amazing please continue please thanks
Almecestris chapter 11 . 4/1