Reviews for The Root of All Evil Is Love
Cheerio chapter 9 . 6h
Loved this!
Please continue the story!
pinkhairedwiz chapter 9 . 7/13
Bless you ! i hope you update soon
pinkhairedwiz chapter 6 . 7/13
thank you for defending harrys skills
sabia sohel chapter 9 . 7/9
Pls update i really like it !
Anonymous chapter 9 . 7/5
This is really good, and I want to see some chapters please! I hope you are doing well. Please keep posting. This is so cool. :)
I am the Color of Boom chapter 9 . 7/1
Wow, that kiss. The way you managed to show Tom's struggle and budding feelings in regards to Harry through it. Fantastic work. Your Tom character has blossomed into this beautiful, dark, and confused person, and it just makes me giggle in excitement. Harry is slowly feeling more Harry-ish, and I'm dreading the love potion effects ending.

Okay... inspiration, I understand fully this need. So I will take a stab at it by simply telling you my thoughts on tackling Harry's recovery, and you can use it to bounce against your own if you'd like. I personally feel like Harry is going to be distraught and livid once the potion wears off, because he will have to deal with not only the gravity of his mistakes while under it but also the memories of how he acted and how Tom reacted in turn. It'll be tricky, because you have brought the Hogwarts world into view, so to deal with that upset of a Harry around others will be difficult. Which is why, I'm thinking a continued slow fading of the potion. Hm? :) It would give Harry time to deal with the shock in smaller doses, to slowly have real emotions amongst the fabricated lovey-dovey ones, and also to give Tom a chance to find maybe he'd prefer Harry to 'actually' want him... for whatever reason. The very last of it could be more of a shock, more real, like a nice ice bath in the morning, haha, and then there'd still be the chance for loads of angst but with a foundation that would lend itself well to keeping your characters where you want them ultimately.

Okay, I'm off to check if you've uploaded more on ths other site. Thank you for the read. I look forward to more!
I am the Color of Boom chapter 6 . 7/1
Excellent fight scene
I am the Color of Boom chapter 5 . 7/1
Ohhh, really liking the character development. And the scene, with Harry talking about his quidditch prowess, I was grinning the whole time.
I am the Color of Boom chapter 4 . 7/1
Yep, still liking it. Good good
I am the Color of Boom chapter 3 . 7/1
Oh, why is this so cute? Kudos on writing this. Harry under a love spell is not something I thought I'd like... but I do. Tom around Harry while he's under a love spell, also something I was not aware I'd enjoy so much. Haha. I'm quite curious to see how you will continue this.
Diana Quill chapter 1 . 6/8
I love where this is going, can't wait for then the potion wears off. sorry if it's not a long comment but still I hope it encourages you to continue because this fic is great
MegaMindAuthor chapter 9 . 6/8
With this development; Tom slowly getting used to Harry, it would very much entertaining to read what Tom does when Harry starts ignoring him after the potion wears off.
MegaMindAuthor chapter 1 . 6/8
I usually love stories that use things from canon, most of the times, instead of inventing their own spells. The usage of the unbreakable vow here was quite good! You conveyed the ceremony thoroughly that it was vivid in my mind. Your interpretation of the characters is also spot on, Tom's dislike of the ceremony. The only thing that seems unlikely is that the infatuation potion, seems to strong. Harry actually going along with Tom's idea? It would be helpful if you could explain the reason behind Harry falling for Tom to the point of destroying every chance he has to stop Voldemort. I cannot say much, except that this story is thrilling. I need more of this! I SAID MORRRREEEEEE! Tom has gotten quite used to Harry being around, it would be quite interesting to see how Tom handles when Harry is not around. They say that 'You only realise the importance of something once you lost it' so show us how Tom handles the scenario.
Silly chapter 9 . 6/5
Hello, so I was pleasantly surprised to see this updated. Quite a good chapter too. I like that the details of the match were skipped over. That kiss was actually really hot, and seeing Tom slowly falling for Harry, is quite fascinating in a tragic sort of way. I can see him eventually working to better himself and become a decent person, in order to win Harry's lost affections in the future.
I generally do NOT like either this pairing or this particular plotline. More often than not, Harry is made cruel and evil, and everyone is OOC in a really bad way. This fic is tastefully and realistically done.

You've nailed both character's personalitis and you've found a believable way to make this pairing happen and potentially work. A rare gem of a fic.

High props for making me enjoy reading about a pairing I usually steer clear of.

Ok on another note:
While looking through your favs (I tend to do that if like someone's story) and noted quite a few good ones, but also noticed the abscence of a few I thought I'd recomend. Maybe you've already read them, and didn't fav them, or maybe you did and I missed them, but just in case, here:

House Of Crows by Silveshine: A Naruto fic with a pairing that almost threw me off the fic, but I ended up converted lol. Still, whether you end up liking the pairing or not, the overall plot, and feel of the story is what sells it. In some ways it reminds of this fic actually. Either way while the pairing does get screentime, it is not the central part of the story and you can always skip ahead if you really don't like het scenes. Or this pairing in particular.
Written back in the days before canon went off rails.
Ok, so here goes: In post Akatsuki world, war is brewing and the tentative peace is fracturing. When an extended covert, undercover mission deep in heart of earth country presents itself as a reprieve from her problems and a chance to hide her secrets, Sakura accepts. As conspiracies unfold, and her trust is betrayed, the line between friend and foe becomes ever more blurred. But Sakura will protect the child she carries, even from those she thought she could trust.

I dunno if my attempted summary was even remotely interresting. So JiC here's the author's official summary:
War is coming to Konoha and Sakura is far from home, uncertain of her future. But one thing is for sure, Sakura will protect her unborn child at all costs, whether it be from Konoha's enemies... or from its own father.

It's an intense read. The romance is by no means straightforward, and the focus is on the worldbuilding, mystery, and drama. I quite like this alternative interpretation of Kakashi, and it ends with a mostly happy ending. Great portrayals of Naruto too, and especially Sakura. Even if you don't like her in canon, you may well like her here. A mature fic, very much aimed at an older audience.

Journey Of The Three Failures by Kurouga of the Ink and Snow: This takes all the best parts about canon, runs with them, and then reaches new and even more awesome hights. Plus characters development is actually a thing. Like a consistent, well done thing that doesn't just fall to the wayside whenever. This may be the best Naruto story ever written. It was started back when the time skip was barely even a thing, and was finally completed just a few years ago. It is primarily a coming of age adventure story, packed with action, lots of worldbuilding and character development and sprinkled with a bit of romance, humor, angst, and more.
Official summary:
Uzumaki Naruto's defeat at the hands of Hyuuga Neji changed the course of history. Now an outcast Naruto, Hinata, and Lee must flee Konoha to become stronger, and ultimately save the very village which scorned them. Strong Naruto, Hinata, and Lee. Dark!Neji, Nice!Hanabi. Epic length.

Session Transcripts by lastcrazyhorn: HP fic. What happens when a brain damaged Harry and a transgender Hermione both get sorted into Slytherin? Snape's not sure, but he thinks it's likely to be an interesting term. This story follows various first years through the trials of their first year. Gen.

A Butterfly Effect by SlyGoddess: A simple choice: today or tomorrow? Conceived a day earlier, a heroine, not a hero, is born. With every step, with every waking breath, Harriet Lily Potter rewrites history. But is the world truly ready to be rewritten? Does Ginny Weasley fully comprehend what it might mean to befriend this lonely, love-starved girl? - Femslash&Het - H/G main
Also has a bit of regular slash.

SO much worldbuilding! Lots of character development. Overall I actually like Ron and Hermione better here than in canon.
NICE! NICE! NICE!