Reviews for Exceptional Lizzy
I don't see the prejudice. Darcy was a prideful asshole. I'm not sure i would let him mend it in Lizzy's stead.
Jessica R chapter 1 . 12/19/2019
I, for one, loved this story! Nobody is perfect, and you proved just that.
Motherof8 chapter 35 . 12/26/2018
What can I say. You obviously think he has redeemed himself. My, you set a low bar. That he would put on this outlandish display.(after first causing her another bit of distress, which he thought was a joke mind you) you expect us to believe he is so wonderful and they will ride into the sunset in a blissful life...Not! I am heartened to read that a lot of reviews agree with me! It used to be a wonderful story until...tell me...why did you make it necessary for him to come across as such a cad? Yes, a cad! Why? The excuse of why he left her in silence was absurd. What, was she going to perform delicate heart surgery on her grandfather and needed her undivided attention. Yes, that is how ridiculous his excuse was. And I still believe she has a low self esteem to overlook his MANY shortcomings. But it is what it is. I thank you for writing but it’s a shame you ruined what was one of my favorite stories. Happy New Year!
Guest chapter 35 . 12/20/2018
I just wanted to add to my previous review if at all possible as I believe you only 1 chapter
I would hate to discourage you from writing your stories
I may not have liked the way your hero turned the end but it shows that you have a great abilty to capture your readers interest. Please
Thankyou
Avanell chapter 35 . 12/21/2018
Brava! What a scene! And congrats on your daughter's graduation at this time of the story!
Guest chapter 35 . 12/19/2018
So he cornered her in front of an audience, so she would not dare to say no? Way to up the pressure on her - and the engagement came about not because they were ready for each other, or finally communicated, but because he orchestrated a narrative with a cheering section for himself, and now they are getting married but it feels still like they bring out the worst in each other and don't deserve this shit.
liysyl chapter 35 . 12/19/2018
Thanks for sharing your story and I am looking forward to future stories.
Carolineonestop chapter 35 . 12/19/2018
Thankyou for finishing your story I
Will look forward to the epilogue
It was a shame you didnt give them any words spoken after their reuniting at the end
I would have liked to hear why he failed to at least phone her once he left her at the hospital. To not contact her at all between then and when he "surprises" her after speach. So clever on his part to wonder if he was in fact going to show up at all. Considering he is supposed to be intelligent he lacks commonsense. To say she needed time with her grand father to me is a sad excuse for being thoughtless after all they had been through
Hes lucky she would have him at all. Hes too arrogant for me Im afraid
But thats just . Sorry if I sound negative I really enjoyed your story until about 3/4 of the way through it was one of my favourites. But then he my opinion. Considering he freezes audiences ie Charlottes wedding he seemed to be in his element in .his adoring students
Sunshine1808 chapter 34 . 10/12/2018
Mr Darcy?
Sunshine1808 chapter 1 . 10/12/2018
Mr Darcy?
Motherof8 chapter 34 . 9/25/2018
I was so annoyed with your authors note that it took me a few days to reply. Not Funny! I am beginning to think you must have passed on this story to someone else to finish. Or your computer was hijacked. The lovely, thoughtful first half in no way resembles the lousy second half. It’s like you wanted to be done with the story and wrote any outlandish thing you could think of. You made Darcy out to be such a cad that he is no longer a viable husband for her. Also, you’ve made Lizzie into such a wet noodle, that I lost all respect for her. If I had a dollar for every time she said she was done with him after some thoughtless behavior...I could buy a new ipad! I used to really love this story. I have read thousands and this was one of my top five. Not any more. I would probably read up to the kiss in the Rosing’s garden and pretend it’s the ending. I hope your own daughter is more discerning of any boyfriends. But considering your ideal of a nice guy. I feel sorry for her.
liysyl chapter 34 . 9/24/2018
I have recently fallen upon this story and have been enjoying the interaction between Elizabeth and Darcy. I don't know how much I like the way Darcy leaves Elizabeth hanging all the time. Thanks for sharing your and I am looking forward to future chapters.
EmlynMara chapter 34 . 9/23/2018
Poor Lizzy. Sometimes Will is way too secretive and way too uncommunicative. It will be an interesting explanation, I’m sure. If it’s enough, that remains to be seen.
Carolineonestop chapter 34 . 9/22/2018
The problem I have with this Darcy
He once again left her for touch after leaving her at the hospital. He may have been doing all sorts she is unaware of but she was left in a vulnerable state so not clever on his part again. He had just got back from his trip away with no contact finding out what the press did and then he disappeared again!
He left her to go through her ceremony to think he wasnt there . All through her speeches and awards feeling as she did spoilt it for me. She could have broken down then her day would have been ruined
Sorry but still not thinking him as he was amused with her when she was upset last time he turned no contact for weeks.
He didnt change. Still a selfish man in my mind
Avanell chapter 34 . 9/21/2018
Mr...? ;)
Excellent update! I cannot wait to hear the explanations of what (assuming of course) Darcy has been busy doing and why certain people are at the event. Did he donate money to get the kids there?