Reviews for Like a Brother
Guest chapter 1 . 12/18/2017
This is so cute and nice sketch of Rons character!
Luna and Ginny chapter 1 . 9/3/2016
This story is AMAZING! I love it. I love the way you portrayed Ron and Harry's friendship, particularly Ron feeling like he can't stop being an Auror because it would be like abandoning his friend again. It's just so Ron. You can tell how close the two of them are through this story. Ron is my favourite character as well, and I'm eternally grateful to authors like you who portray him in a positive light. Thank you!
Aronim chapter 1 . 3/31/2016
I usually don't read angst. But this was very well-done. It is very heavy on the angst, but it seems in character for someone who hates his job and has some deep-seated insecurities to simply get into such a spiral.

And it is very obvious that Ron is exaggerating his own flaws and his friends' utter brilliance, but not to the extent that you want to beat him over the head with "why can't you see you're pretty great too."

Really like Harry's behavior here.

Also, this gets bonus points for sounding like a rebuttal to multiple fanfic cliches.

Well done.
JeanAndBilius chapter 1 . 1/16/2016
Liked this - and liked the implied the message, which is, I think, it's good to fight for justice in the world, like Harry, but also, thank God for humans like Ron and George who love to laugh and make people laugh - not enough of them in the world - we'll ALWAYS need them.
iota0000 chapter 1 . 9/22/2015
This... is actually really good.

I don't usually care to read about Ron, partly because I tend to find his characterizations (both canon and fanon-pro and -con) and because I don't tend to find him very interesting in a world with many other much more interesting or malleable characters. This, on the other hand, was short and sweet, stuck to a characterization of Ron that I didn't find repugnant, and at the same time addressed an issue I hadn't ever considered in a unique (as far as my past reading would indicate) fashion.
Endgames chapter 1 . 6/25/2015
This was a really good depiction of Ron pre-epilogue. I really like seeing stories where Ron is exactly the upstanding guy and good friend that he should have become. I can't say that I liked him in canon, but I've grown very tired of bash-stories as well, so it's nice seeing them turned on their heads.
alaskan-dracolych chapter 1 . 4/7/2015
This is a beautiful explanation for what happened to Ron in the epilogue. Thanks for writing it.
Yung Warrior chapter 1 . 2/21/2015
Wow, I can't decide whether this or "A Lewd New World" is my favorite fic of yours, EvilFuzzy9. They are pretty different in almost every conceivable way though. Anyways, great character analysis of Ron, it really is a shame the character gets so much hate in the fandom.
LunaNotLoony chapter 1 . 1/29/2015
The first part was a bit... long but I found myself almost tearing up later. I really like it.
Sokka The Man chapter 1 . 1/19/2015
I never really could get into harry potter. But, Ron and Herimonie were my favorite pairing with Ron being my favorite character. I like the description of drowning at work and how every time he got close to the surface a hundred gallons came forth pushing him down again. I could actually imagine him swimming in a swimming pool filled with paper work and water, trying to get out. Great imagery and great use of words.
Sage of Wind Dragons chapter 1 . 1/19/2015
quite right! love Ron as a character and he got severly sqrewed in allowing development here or there could have sworn he got about the same grades as harry save for the DA but still.

do like this mess... you did hit a hell of a lot on just the self flagellation mentally bits went a little...
meh.

do hate that harry is pushed to high celeberty status and yes I think theirs something with hes not as idealist as the others in hes got the same beliefs but more... live with the understanding that your not going to be able to kill all of the evil.
like hes going to snark a tad more (are you a witch or not?)
hmm.
anyway a tad fun here and nice to see you cover it.
notsing chapter 1 . 1/19/2015
I liked this. You touch on a lot here. As for OWL's, all we know is Ron got the same amount as Harry did, but didn't get any O's. But he HAD to have gotten an E in potions, since he's allowed in Slughorn's NEWT class. Being an auror was Harry's dream, and the joke shop was the twin's fantasy; poor Ron never really got his own dream job. I've always wondered about Ron being affected by the horcrux more; maybe it's a combination of things rather than just one thing. In CoS, the diary Tom tells Harry that Ginny opened her heart to him, and that's how he possessed her. Maybe the locket found Ron easier to control because of a blood connection to Ginny, or because Ron's more emotional than Harry or Hermione, or because he's a pure-blood, and that's what Voldemort valued most. But I especially liked Ron beating himself up. Everyone is a mixture of good and bad; Harry and Hermione make plenty of mistakes as well. But they seem able to accept their shortcomings while Ron is tortured by his. You did a nice job of showing that. Thanks for posting.
HeCallsMeBeloved chapter 1 . 1/18/2015
Wow! What an amazing story!
minitune chapter 1 . 1/18/2015
"they'd had fewer weaknesses for the horcrux to exploit..."? Really? An orphan who had been degraded and abused all his life and a geeky, bullied girl that never had friends have less issues than a lazy boy that grew up in a loving, happy (albeit poor) family? Ron's hypocrisy in that line is revolting.
As you may notice, I hate Ron (the fictional character as portrayed by Rowling). However, the main problem in this fic is that everyone besides Ron is apparently a happy, well adjusted, successful adult. Considering the fact that Harry at the end of the Deathly Hallows was a suicidal teenager (why did he just LET Voldy kill him? couldn't he have at least made that snake bastard work for it?) who had little to no idea about social reforms or politics, and had a spotty at best academic record, it's hard to associate that moody brat to the apparently perfect, messiah-like individual portrayed here. Other characters have their own problems that have been glossed over to focus on the brooding of a loser that really had it damn good. No one wants to listen to a spoiled brat that goes, "boo hoo. I'm the only one suffering because everyone else is and has it better than me."
Really, there is no good way to make this story work following the canon (which in itself have several problems, glaring plot holes, and horrifying fridge logic). You can't only focus on Ron and turn other characters into gilded cardboard cutouts. Everyone needs to suffer and grow a little. As it is now, this fic comes off like apologist work trying to humanify Rowling's failed plot device named Ron.
whatweareafreaidof chapter 1 . 1/18/2015
I really like the story a few part were wrong. Harry did were the hurcuxx longer. And I think he had more ee then a, I would have like to better if Ron was written as great arror. And not just a ok one. But still a good story