Reviews for Harry Potter, Gaming Wizard Extraordinair
EDelta88 chapter 9 . 9/18
50 points for self-defense? I'm sorry but if that had happened at any school I've been to, Filch would be out of a job and facing charges... if it were a little further out of town, someone might have put him in the hospital.
Death Is Lazy chapter 8 . 8/18
Sorry, I just can't keep reading this. The pacing is far to fast, there I can see errors everywhere, and you don't really go into the characters, just making them cardboard cutouts. You don't do the grinding that's needed in any Gamer's fic and you just give him skills, you don't say what they do to improve them like percentage increases to something. You don't give him incentive for anything, just getting him to do something for no other reason but plot convenience. Snape is far to aggressive, in this chapter especially. Character interaction, when there is any, is bland and boring, Harry's reaction to any skill he gets is 'awesome' or any sort of variation. The Gamers Mind you gave him supposedly 'rends you able to keep calm under any situation', but in no case in this has Harry been exceedingly calm. Harry is in no way curious about The Gamer ability, nor has he tested any limits to his power. Harry isn't prone to violence, but in the chapter he beat up Dudley he was. Speaking of that, why didn't Dudley complain to his Parents? Unless I skimed over that, in which case sorry.
But still, do I need to continue? There are just so many things that could be done better, it's a bit painful to read.

I hope my criticism wasn't to bad and that you learn from mistakes. Thanks
Even though you haven't updated for 3 years I hope you will come back and write more. I have really enjoyed this fanfic.
Elizabeth Kelly1 chapter 9 . 7/27
you have bronze necklace inserted of ring.
TheUnknowableOne chapter 9 . 7/24
Good story, I enjoyed it very much. I would be overjoyed if the author posted more, but I understand that they may not be able to.
TheReaderofGods chapter 9 . 7/23
Update
Might want to check, but I'm pretty sure he was already lvl 6 after the troll. Should be lvl 7 now
If he has to practice the spell repeatedly after he learns it from a skillbook to make it work, then what's the point of a skillbook? I would think just reading the textbooks would give him that much. Speaking of, I'm surprised reading his school books didn't give him at least passive knowledge skills for things like theory, creatures, herbology and potions. Shouldn't reading the potion recipes in the book give him those recipes, or is it only after successful brewing?
This is Minerva Mcgonagall, Deputy Headmistress. She should have seized the aurochs by the horns and taken on the duty of introducing Harry to the wizarding world herself, without deliberating with the others. Then share the problem she had to solve the next day when she met them in the staff break room. IMHO anyway.
Cybergades chapter 9 . 7/13
Pretty interesting story. it's a shame it seems to have been discontinued. Was certainly a new spin on a very well walked genre.
apex-p-x chapter 1 . 6/30
the fucking worst fic i have seen in ages.
stylo1 chapter 9 . 5/26
out of 400 students they noticed harry not being at the feast, not to mention what that day means to him and who the heir of slytherin is
stylo1 chapter 9 . 5/26
saving points for an emergency? and what add them last minute to his luck and hope for the best? or add them to his strenght and overreach with his first punch?
stylo1 chapter 8 . 5/26
yes! i have a stone that turns all metal into gold, but the most awesome part when i do menial jobs i get a 25% bonus, now i can earn 12,5 instead of making gold
stylo1 chapter 8 . 5/26
yes lets use half your magic before engaging quirell because wizards alwase fight with their fist, and then you stry and stall quirell, i mean you only have 30min of strenght and you didnt come down there to stop him
1,024 | Page 1 2 3 4 11 .. Last Next »