Reviews for Darkness of the Day
Lama00 chapter 1 . 4/11
One word : Excellent!

I enjoyed your writing style your words holds very much depth to the reader I wish I could write like that.

I'm glad how you connected Okita to Soujiro before he met his death at the last minute it's make very true sense how Soujiro's swordsmanship found it inspiration through Okita's skill the greatest squad of the Shinsengumi since as you said he was just a child with no swords skills.

You are very creative fanfic author and you understand how to write one , to keep the character in IC to the core is something I could congratulate you , much less how to come up with something original.

I hope to read a lot from you in the RK section but you tend to focus more on Yaoi stuff and I'am anti-Yaoi
Lexi Teniro chapter 1 . 9/16/2005
That was an unusual and yet excellent idea. Perhaps I should steal your muse...*ponders*

Kidding, of course. But great work!
insanitysmiles chapter 1 . 6/26/2005
Wow..i really liked this story! Okita was able to save Soujirou..it makes sense. After all, how else did Soujirou save everyone with no experience using a sword?

I loved how in the end, Okita and Soujirou mirrored eachother. Woo-hoo! Okita and Soujirou rock! xP
Umeko chapter 1 . 5/25/2005
that explains a bit on Soujirou's abilities with a sword. Too bad Okita can't hang about to be the kid's guardian angel or something.
omasuoniwabanshi chapter 1 . 3/5/2005
Neat story! I found it on one of my favorite author's "favorites" list. Isn't it amazing how the OAV Trust and Betrayal soundtrack can inspire such incredible writing? Your story makes a lot of sense. It's much nicer than thinking Shishio's sick theories turned the kid into an amoral super-strong sociopath like himself. Good job!
Hyper-Sloth chapter 1 . 4/12/2004
That was one of the most beautiful fanfictons I have ever read, my eyes were actually getting teary. Your work and style is moving and artistic, the way you made Okita-san act was the best characterization of him I have read in a while.
Animatized chapter 1 . 7/8/2003
*bawls* Wah... *scoups up Okita and pets him* Poor Okita! *sob sob* This ficcie was sad, but it's still so... good! Okita... *sniff* I wish he wasn't dead... *bawls some more* Anyway, in my world, he's alive and well XD Great job, as usual, April-sama!
hakubaikou chapter 1 . 4/13/2003
This was wonderful! A few minor grammatical/vocab complaints, but they're easily outweighed by the originality of your plot.

I loved Saitou's reaction to the news of Okita's death. I loved how the only description you give is of him reaching for a cigarette. Minimal words for maximal emotional impact. Very cool.
Phoe-chan chapter 1 . 2/2/2003
Again, I like. *glomps sou and okita* those two are my fave. _ continue writing, April-san.

*bows*

Phoe-chan
Takada Saiko aka Chase-chan chapter 1 . 12/25/2002
I don't cry often, but I have tears in my eyes at the moment. I love Okita fics. He has to be one of my very favorite historical characters out of the Japanese history. *goes off to sob for a while* very nicely done, by the way.
Kishi Seta chapter 1 . 12/3/2002
Great! Yeah, the time was a bit off but, great nonetheless.

x

Sugoi! Mo-ichido, ne, April-san? Kore wa wkarimasu desu ne?
nanonaneko chapter 1 . 12/3/2002
It's really nice. Soujiro's one of my fav(if not my fav) characters. And I too always wonder how he got the strength to kill his family, especially since there's no doubt his brothers have SOME experience with the sword and he has none. Oh well. Maybe he was driven by desperation. Anyway, I really liked this fic!_