Reviews for The Sentence
yellowJsquid chapter 1 . 2/8/2007
BITCHIN! I LOVE THIS! Great idea! I never really thought that the GD would restrict Chilton of his senses in the most literal fashion! Fascinating! And I really admire your narrative as well! very well done! Please continue to write such good monologues!

(btw, i prefer orange to strawberry, too!)
Shippy chapter 1 . 2/1/2004
I really enjoyed this story! Very late, of course, but I loved the idea and how you wrote it, especially the last chilling line. Thanks!
The Bookbinder's Daughter chapter 1 . 3/28/2003
Wow. A very chilling, exceptionally well written look at Chilton's fate. I know it's been said by at least five other reviewers, but the last line is amazingly effective.
A. A. Aaron chapter 1 . 1/6/2003
I read this originally at Visionary but was happy at the opportunity to read it again. This is as good a horror story as I have ever read. 'Never forget what he is' indeed. The last line is powerfully effective. Good show!
Morbid724 chapter 1 . 12/3/2002
Very...I would say nice but...well that was just a bit creepy... Proving once again that "You don't mess with Hannibal Lecter." Anyway, this fic was great, but yes DEFINITLY freaky...

Always,

Morbid
Cloudburst2000 chapter 1 . 12/2/2002
Wow...pretty good. Kinda reminds me of what Westley tells Prince Humperdink at the end of The Princess Bride..."Wrong, to the pain...Your ears you keep, so that every shriekof every child at seeing your hideousness will be yours to cherish-every babe that weeps in fear at your approach, every woman that cries 'Dear God, what is that thing?' will echo forever in your perfect ears."
Nicole chapter 1 . 12/2/2002
Ah yes, I've read this story before on Visionary. It was cool then, and it's still cool now. Very creepy! I especially like the last line, "Oh-dear Lord-how I wish I could tell them that I prefer the orange." Quite effective!
Screaming Lamb chapter 1 . 12/2/2002
I'm so excited to see you posted this fic here - I read it over and over on Visionary before! :-D That has got to be the most deliciously sick-n-twisted tale of Dr. Chilton's fate - god almighty you're an evil genius!
Kurt chapter 1 . 12/2/2002
Wow. Very terrifying, very effective. Excellent job.
Samantha Bridges chapter 1 . 12/2/2002
Very, very well done, Nyx. A fitting punishment for Dr. Chilton. I must admit, it is more pleasing to see him receive retribution by this method than just a quick death.
Aemos chapter 1 . 12/2/2002
Holy mother of God! Whoa, I'm nearly actually shaking, that was-is-amazingly and terrifyingly grotesque on so many levels. Your writing is positively a flowing affair of your fingers, the keyboard and your brain. I must say WELL DONE!

The worst thing is, I can actually imagine Dr. Lecter doing that-a very excellent way of torture-to him. I think I may need some time out to read it again, even though it gives me a slight shiver-of appreciation!

Aemos