Reviews for The King's Councillor
Starry Eyed Dreamer chapter 1 . 1/2/2003
Wow. That was impressive. Thank you very much for putting up the quick summary, many people would not enjoy reading several works in order to understand a story. I especially enjoyed the last paragraph, it sounded remarkably close to a certain Peter Pullman... I will await the next chapter.
tigress247 chapter 8 . 12/18/2002
hey, i havent really reviwed but ive been following your story for a while and i want to say that i think its great, you are a *really* good author, and i hope you continue. i could never write anything this good, keep writing! *happy holidays*

~tig
SkywaterBlue chapter 7 . 12/15/2002
Hmm...interesting. Arthur shows up again, I see. It's good to see him, of course. I can't resist not liking him always. And also, interesting to see what exactly Lyra's supposed to be doing there...
AySz88 chapter 7 . 12/14/2002
Still as great as ever; still need more of it!

*suddenly realizes he rarely makes any constructive comments except on finished stories*
Ceres Wunderkind chapter 5 . 12/9/2002
I'll fix it tomorrow!
AySz88 chapter 4 . 12/9/2002
Oh, COME on; "Place holder" !

Not fair! ;)

Anyway, it's coming along nicely so far; very exciting!
SkywaterBlue chapter 1 . 12/8/2002
I figured that's what you were going for. I just don't think it's funny either. ;) But whatever makes them happy, I suppose.

I'm going to wait patiently for more, now.
Ceres W nsi chapter 1 . 12/8/2002
The way I see it, Skywater, is this: Lyra and Pantalaimon have been together for 35 years by the time of this story. They're like an old married couple. Sometimes they're serious with each other, and sometimes they joke. It's an old joke, and they've told it to each other many times before, and nobody else thinks it's funny, but they like it so they just carry on telling it.

As for the storm - think of Lyra as a nexus...
SkywaterBlue chapter 3 . 12/7/2002
Hmm, always a wonderful surprise to see you around, of course, shall I start with? I liked the intentional mirroring of the first chapter of this fic with the first chapters of The Golden Compass. I also like the fact that this is apparently a story of Lyra in her prime, as a professional. I can never get enough of that.

I do think the dialogue in chapter two, between Lyra and Pantalaimon sounded a bit off. Even now that Lyra/Pan know that daemons are creatures closely related to Dust, and not quite real, I don't think either of 'them' would be so inclined to be flippant about it. I think it was probably just me, however, as now that I'm overviewing it, it doesn't stick out at me as much.

The storm reminds me of the reality storm, from Neil Gaiman's Sandman: World's End. At least, the distortion of all three universes to be having a storm at the same time is what reminded me of that. I have to assume something evil and ominous is behind it, and that all will be shortly revealed.

Good stuff, though.
KirjavaLyra chapter 2 . 12/3/2002
This is very good, like all of your other stories. It's very complicated. And detailed. Are you planning on becoming an author for a living, because if you wrote an original story, you could seriously make alot of money off it!
25 | « Prev Page 1 2