Reviews for Fate Recondite
No, just no. Gilgamesh can fuck right off. He's unnecessary and annoying. He's not a character, but a glorified mcguffin used by Nasu to introduce plot points and resolve problems. He's there to be defeated by Saber during Fate to figuratively free herself from the past, He's there for Shirou to demonstrate UBW, He's there to show how dangerous Sakura is by dying. He doesn't belong in this story. Not only that but I was super happy in the earlier chapters when it was mentioned that they got separated because I thought you wouldn't do this kind of stupid shit. If you want to throw somebody in a different world for a crossover, why make them unable to do anything by making a subplot that isolates them ? I hope you change that or rectify it in some way (Gilgamesh decides that after being defeated by the faker he might be worthy of his presence ? Although I'd prefer if you just eliminate him) prana deprivation also makes him useless since he's now just a (relatively) normal human without any aura. The reason he could use GoB and his servant abilities was because of the orphan batteries (and in a less important factor, Kirei) were providing with energy which he couldn't get on his own (because he's dead)
Damn, would've hoped Shirou didn't have to fight this arrogant idiot again. Seriously he's always on about Originals and fakes, but he's a copy of the real Gilgamesh from the throne downgraded to fit in a Servant class.
snowyassas1n chapter 1 . 2/7
Ozpin is in no way on the level of a Servant.
Mana's Cinder chapter 9 . 2/4
I feel that recycling Gilgamesh by having him be alive on Remnant is a mistake. He should be dead after all this time without his orphan batteries. Reusing villains is annoying anyway.

I see people doing stuff like this all the time because the think Shirou/the protagonist "need" a special villain to fight, but I don't agree. This story, for example, is a story where the protagonist was dropped into a new world via a very traumatic method that he was lucky to survive, let alone survive with his (relative) sanity intact. He's extra. He's an anomaly. So what if he's potentially overpowered for the world that he's in? He doesn't necessarily need to be the guy who handles every conflict- Just some of them. Ones where his power is needed. His purpose in the story can (and should) be more than "shounen hero fighty boy" that every fan fic seems to try making their protagonists into.

Adding extra villains or adding villains from his original world starts to destabilize the story (in my opinion) because it's more stuff that we're suppose to just accept as believable or enjoyable. Like, how or why would Gilgamesh end up in the exact same world as Shirou? You mentioned they were separated before he was found by whatever entity (Fall girl? I initially hoped it was Illya's remaining essence, or Justeaze's inside the Grail who decided Shirou was "worthy" of survival and helped him to enter a new world to live a new life, but it sounds more like you're going for it being a RWBY character) With how we know that the multiverse/the "Kaleidoscope" is basically infinite, I find it unlikely that they'd end up in the same place after drifting in the void. That is unless you're arguing that Angra Mainyu purposely sent them to the RWBY universe, but I feel like that's a big stretch in and of itself.

Personally, I would have preferred it if Gilgamesh never entered the story again. That he was just another little mystery of the universe that Shirou would never fully confirm the fate of. It would be way more interesting if he (Shirou) remained mostly in the shadows helping Team RWBY and continued being a secret Ace. It would let RWBY handle their adventures with maybe a bit more competence with his advice/teachings, and when they're in over their heads Shirou could appear as a specter and shatter the enemy. Maybe that sounds like a Gary Stu situation, but Shirou is that powerful compared to most everyone else in that world.

It would be more entertaining to me for Cinder to get defeated by Shirou at some point (either to death or maybe Shirou uses a NP that seals her powers permanently so she can go to prison/get executed) in such a way that she realizes she's not the biggest fish in the pond and that her ways are not just or worthy, and that her selfishness ultimately doomed her. Compare to that, Cinder and Gilgamesh teaming up (which I assume is your eventual plan, with Cinder providing him with energy to combat Shirou) just to repeat the end of UBW while RWBY fights Cinder on the side just sounds boring. Predictable and boring.

Maybe your plans aren't exactly that, but that's the impression I'm getting so far based on how this story has been going in general, but it's certainly negatively impacting my desire to continue reading (because I find the Gilgamesh plot point to be annoying combined with having to wait for updates).

Then again, it's been a year so this story is probably dead anyway.
0 Jordinio 0 chapter 5 . 1/29
Now they're going vigilante? Attempted murder now.
0 Jordinio 0 chapter 4 . 1/29
So far I'm not really liking this. People just get away with too much. Cardin got Jaune hurt by tripping him in full view of Glynda and she just basically let it slide. Now Ruby has attacked Shirou, a misunderstanding sure, but she attacked someone without knowing the facts, an innocent at that and she'll get away with it fine. And then Ironwood basically tied Shirou up and beat him? And I'm sure nothing will be done about that either. Because it's Shirou.
ahsoei chapter 10 . 11/23/2017
Holy shit, this is great.

This is actually the 2nd RWBY X FSN crossover I've read. The difference with the first one is Shirou's discretion of his power, as well as his profession in Remnant. I gotta say, the development is kind of like night and day.

Anyway, good job! Looking forward to see more!
AmethystPone chapter 9 . 11/17/2017
Ahhh...Gilgamesh...
I hope you don't go for the cliche all villains from different worlds with completely different ways of doing things and personalities band together...
I'll be honest, they are more likely to slaughter each other than to work with one another...
Senzetzu chapter 10 . 11/14/2017
Are, are you still alive?
ThatRollingStone chapter 7 . 9/22/2017
A dainty pale hand? That could be any of them...
ThatRollingStone chapter 1 . 9/22/2017
Why am I even here, I've never watched a full episode of Fate anything!?
Guest chapter 1 . 8/29/2017
next chapter gave me cancer, ozpin doesnt have that much power, nor did he account for a wildcard
Guest chapter 4 . 8/26/2017
Why is he soo pathetic? O.o
StoryReiter chapter 9 . 8/7/2017
Lots of things are being set up. I am really curious about the identity of the mystery girl in his Unlimited Blade Works. I mean, its his freaking soul or innermost and true expression of self. His possible rematch with Gilgamesh as well as how he might change a few things that happen in canon. I was kinda hoping that his increased security measures might in some bizarre yet believable way prevent the fall of beacon. Also I have a feeling Ozpin jinxed himself when he thought that no one should see the things that distorted Shirou and I share his sentiments. I still think he jinxed himself. On another note Shirou being a weapon history book might help. I enjoyed and am honestly looking forward to future developments. Take care and God Bless author.
TheWannnaBeWriter chapter 5 . 8/3/2017
Brush my nigga can't catch a fucking break