Reviews for Fate Recondite
Alex2909 chapter 10 . 3/26
love this story, shirou fits in quite well in remnant
Masterx01 chapter 4 . 3/19
How was Shirou healing so fast? because if it is due to Avalon i have to say that youre wrong with that... Without Artoria around giving it prana that thing its almost useless as far i know.

There is also another thing from the chapter one:

"He was growing even more tired from constantly using his prana to maintain his projections as he couldn't simply let Gaia dispel the Married Swords in public, however few people there were at this time of night. It seemed Vale was a metropolis like Tokyo or New York City was for his world. Allowing his projections to fade would reveal magecraft to the people around him."

Gaia does not exist in remnant, if she exist there then Alaya would also exist, and with those two in the play field i can assure you that Remnant history would be way more complicated than just having shady one-themed monsters running around trying to kill off the humanity since who know how many centuries ago. Those two Wills are the one at charge of setting the rules in the play field and steer the lifeforms roaming the planet out of the extintion route. And when the counter force has to do something directly then expect nasty things happening soon.

Seriously, having Gaia or Alaya opperating in remnant would be nothing but problems, and they are also one of the reason because trying to merge another world with the Nasuverse is a pretty bad idea in general. Nasuverse is a way too complicated universe to do something like a merging and expecting that nothing will go wrong when many, many things will go wrong.

And why im saying this? Well, first because if you included Gaia and Alaya in this story you will have to consider whatever their influences did with remnant since lost forgotten time and their diferences with the canon, that will be many(there is no way that this world will be the same as the canon one with these two things here. One of the reason because the Earth in the Nasuverse is what it is, its due to their influence).

Second its because Shirou. Without Gaia grinding away his projections (or any magic for that matter) he should experience a cost reduction in the prana needed to perform any magic and the time that the projections remaing in the world should be drasticaly increased, so things like his projections sudenly fading away if he doesnt constantly feed them with prana shouldnt happen.
Masterx01 chapter 3 . 3/18
"I am a poor magus. I could never learn anything beyond projection. Honestly, my only real credit as a user of magecraft is that I have Unlimited Blade Works. However, I can still use a basic skill called Structural Grasping. I can use it to analyze structural composition, so I could probably use it to see if you have magic circuits in your body."

What happened to reinforcement? The only thing that Shirou was able to learn as a magus was the basic three: Structural Grasping, Reinforcement and Projection.
Masterx01 chapter 2 . 3/18
In which part the canon says that Jaune has seven 'younger' sisters?
ArcherMcMuffin chapter 10 . 3/17
this is one of the best fan fics of a rwby and fsn I have read
Nick T chapter 10 . 2/28
Will there be pairings for Shirou?
Warden of Lore chapter 10 . 3/2
moar! is fanastic!
Darkjaden chapter 7 . 2/25
I can picture Jaune as little Shiro about the walk through the flames while his other self says That is hell you know.
engkeat.goh chapter 9 . 2/18
Why Shirou can't use UBW full potential?
engkeat.goh chapter 8 . 2/17
Can't wait Shirou(UBW)'s Unlimited Blade Works. It's chant is awesome.
Luna's Meow chapter 9 . 2/17
Well done! Shirou is powerful enough to beat any hunter one on one withhis arsenal, bringing Gilgamesh as well gives the enemy a counter to him if he joins them. Also, leaving Gilgamesh wounded in need of healing gives Shirou time. As powerful as Gilgamesh is, even severly wounded and unable to move the Grim aren't a threat to him so... I say again, well done.
engkeat.goh chapter 5 . 2/16
This fanfic, opening, misundertanding, are very special.
MoritaKenichi chapter 10 . 2/16
I know basically nothing about the RWBY universe but you've managed to make it interesting enough so that even someone like me managed to read all 10 chapters. I am curious on how you'll make Gilgamesh lose in this fic though; I'm sure you know Gil only lost to Shirou because he wasn't taking him seriously. After his defeat, I don't think he will be so casual in their next encounter. Of course, I'm just going under the assumption that Shirou will win in the end. This fic could very well not go in that direction. I don't mind either way though. What's more important to me is that the story stays realistic and doesn't require me to have a huge suspension of disbelief.

Thank you for this, and it's my hope (along with no doubt many others) that you continue this work to its completion. Thank you.
engkeat.goh chapter 1 . 2/16
Can Shirou trace dust and gun? Will he has aura and semblance?
Luna's Meow chapter 5 . 2/15
Shirou has seen more than a huntsman? No way in hell. Shirou lives in a relatively peaceful world. As a magus he does nothing. No experiments. No meeting with undead. Nothing but his reinforcement practice. Huntsman see death all the time. Archer might have seen some stuff. But even he omly helped in wars and whatnot. Huntsmen live in a world where Grim are attacking something every day. If not the kingdoms then towns and villages. Shiro's Fuyuki fire? Was nothing. The sheer malevolence was probably stronger due to the cursed nature of the fire, but the damage? The lives lost? Nothing in comparison. Shirou doesn't see as much death and pain as a normal soldier who is in a war zone on the front lines.