Reviews for Catching Glances
Great story!
pboom chapter 1 . 7/31
Nice simple story to bad the series didn't go that way
Guest chapter 1 . 8/4/2017
I love this story...thank you so much...Could you please write more...lovely
flutterbye52000 chapter 1 . 8/9/2015
Hi Kate
What a tantalizing story, so beautifully written. Mr. Foyle is enchanting and delicious, and perfect for our Sam.
So, do they leave right away, stay for the coffee, or remain in their own heaven exactly where they stand? You going to add, perhaps? It's too good a story line to let it drop here...isn't it?
Such potential, hmmm...

flutterbye52000
GiuliettaC chapter 1 . 6/23/2015
Enjoyed this very much. There were such languid undertones in that scene, and you've grown them into something wonderful and credible - captured the vibe between them and given it a physical expression. Canon's such a tease, so thank goodness for fanfic. And thanks for this lovely story.
Sammy's mom chapter 1 . 5/22/2015
All the shared glances and expressions is what made me fall in love with the Foyle's War series, so I do love this version and where it would have led. Unfortunately the official screen version led to (what I believe was) great unhappiness for both Foyle and Sam. Than you for this!
BD chapter 1 . 5/5/2015
Oh my. Swoon. How sweet-thank you!
mquest chapter 1 . 1/30/2015
How very tasty this was. First of all you captured their characters wonderfully. Like pages right out of the script. Secondly your use of description is quite wonderful. Not over the top and didn't lack at all. Well done. I hope you write more soon. Thoroughly enjoyed the read.
cmee57 chapter 1 . 1/29/2015
Absolutely perfect way to set things right for Sam and Christopher. Beautifully done!
Wolseley37 chapter 1 . 1/27/2015
Ah, lovely! 'Not - was it wrong? But - was it possible?' The pivotal moment! This is beautifully written, and achingly possible, as the way that episode should have gone!
In my notes for my own story, UXB, I've planned to have Foyle tell Sam that, when he visited her at the guest house, he'd imagined himself 'courting her with fish,' but that he'd been too subtle in going about it, and then saw the attraction between her and Adam, so bowed out.

But now you've written the way it should have happened! Really delightful to read!
Jewell chapter 1 . 1/27/2015
Very moving and sweet.

I like how you juxtapose Gabe and Mandy's problems with our couple's making Sam and Foyle's problems minor by comparison.

Terrific take on S/F in a place in canon I hadn't noticed.

Thank you.

J
OxfordKivrin chapter 1 . 1/26/2015
I really enjoyed this, particularly like Sam's musings about sacrifice. Very nicely done, BK!
Abigal chapter 1 . 1/25/2015
Thanks. Loved the story. Found Foyle's War after Spooks ended and now that too is gone. Maybe they'll make a couple of TV specials. Still the fan fictions helps the shows live on sometimes in a better way, like this one.
CPDCSI chapter 1 . 1/25/2015
Very nice...thoroughly enjoyed.
MKsBeautiful chapter 1 . 1/25/2015
Oh what joy to see a new fic from you! And such a fantastic wonderful one! I completely swooned away! Thank you SO much of sharing this!