Reviews for Persuade My Heart
Paper Roses 95 chapter 1 . 7/27/2018
I first read this story a couple of years back and coming back to the fanfic world, this is the first story I looked for. Reading it again tugged my heartstrings like the very first time I read it. I am tempted to beg you to continue with this story, but I can understand how difficult it could be to go back to writing after taking a break. So I just want to thank you for this beautiful rendition of Persuasion. I would hope that you find the drive again but until then, I'mma let my imagination run wild on this story. Much love!
K chapter 21 . 7/24/2018
I'm a full grown almost 30 year old woman and this story still makes me squeal like a teenager! I love it and I need more ! Please just update one more chapter ! I'm begging you ! This story was too amazing and unique to let go!
Anna chapter 21 . 3/11/2018
So Im going to go for a long shot and plead for an update because its so good and I have the urge to read fics again. But other than that I love your fic.
Guest chapter 21 . 8/26/2017
Have you given up this story forever then? You seemed to have joined the ranks of the popular authors here it seems. They too wrote stories which got popular and that proceeded to get to their heads, and they never updated. Some have left the stories for over 10 years.
Goraturtle chapter 21 . 7/15/2017
I don't know if you plan on ever coming back to this fic, but I just wanted to say that this is SO GOOD... u got me hooked enough to check out the original Jane Austen at my library, and comparing the two has just showed how good u are at imitating the plot of persuasion while still keeping it totally unique to the characters in ruroken. Love this fic!
notentirelyunliketea chapter 1 . 6/27/2017
I love this story! It's blending with Persuasion is perfect!
Asweetsymphony chapter 21 . 5/26/2017
No... Poor Kenshin. Why must he have his heart broken over and over again? T_T

Kaoru, how can you allow Kanryu to manipulate you like this? I thought she said she's done with others trying to decide for her. She should have chased Kenshin when he left. How oblivious can you be, Kaoru? It's so obvious that Kenshin still loves you!

I've re-read this a couple of times now and I realized I haven't left a review. This story is so heart-wrenching but in a good way. It hurts but I keep coming back for more. Hopefully in the next chapters, all this confusion will be settled and Kenshin and Kaoru will have their happy ending.
the1bookworm chapter 21 . 4/20/2017
Please don't give up on this! I want that bastard Kanryu to get what he deserves.
elyssalyn chapter 20 . 2/13/2017
Hi there. I've really enjoyed what you've posted so far. I love Persuasion and I love Rurouni Kenshin. The two together is just a big win for me. You've wonderfully intertwined the two and its beautifully written to boot. Anyhoo, it's been quite a while since you've posted and I sincerely hope that your muses haven't abandoned you and leave this story unfinished. I don't mind the wait, but please, please finish it!
Ursula chapter 21 . 2/3/2017
I've been binge reading this for a few days now, and dang this story is really good! I tried reading Jane Austen's Emma back in junior high school, but I ended up really disliking it for some reason. Reading this has made think about giving Jane Austen a new chance. So far this story has been amazing! You write in a way that's easy to read but still beautiful. Like the scene at the beginning flashbacks where Kenshin gives Kaoru a gift before having his heart broken. I just. Ow my heart. Hope you'll return to finish this story one day.
sulou chapter 21 . 12/16/2016
Kind of a cliff hanger . . . really, really, REALLY, looking forward to what happens next. Poor Kaoru and Kenshin. They never seem to get a break.
BrewedCaster chapter 21 . 7/22/2016
Missed this!
elyssalyn chapter 21 . 6/5/2016
Hi there! I've really enjoyed what you've written so far, along with your writing style. I also like the fact that it's a bit of a slow burn since it makes their relationship progress more naturally. It's interesting that you chose Kanryu to be the romantic antagonist since he's always been portayed as a spindly coward, so I can't really picture him as a handsome charmer.

Anyhoo, kudos for the terrific writing and I hope your writing muse inspires you to continue this story soon because I for one can't wait to read what happens next. Thanks for sharing your story with us!
Guest chapter 21 . 5/16/2016
It's been almost two month... Update please
Cliche Melancholy chapter 21 . 5/11/2016
Wow. I pretty much binge-read this story this week. While I'm not familiar with Persuasion (I read "For Darkness Shows the Stars", which is inspired by it, but that's about it), there were some themes I recognized. I loved how you weaved that tale and the world of Rurouni Kenshin together. And I love your take on Kaoru's character. In those canon moments where I'm like, "C'mon, Kaoru, do something!" (to say that is probably blasphemy, even though I really like her character), I wish she was more like she is here - when she's not proving her skill as an instructor, she has a strength of mind and heart like any great Jane Austen heroine.

It looks like the story is winding down to its conclusion in another chapter or two, and I'm super-excited to see what you have in store for this fic. Life comes first, so I'm not going to demand you hurry up and finish this, but I want to say that if and when you are able to, you will find many, many readers eager to continue reading this great story. Thank you for these excellent chapters and the clever idea to combine RuroKen with Jane Austen plots.