Reviews for Harry Potter and the Magic of Life
wandamarie chapter 2 . 21h
thanks for the chapter
wandamarie chapter 1 . 22h
thanks for the chapter and story so far
D00rFr4m3 chapter 69 . 7/17
This was a pretty good read. Thanks!

I thought it started really strong, the events in Cambodia were excellent, and the parts immediately after that- Greengrass v Malfoy- were also good. I feel like the fic takes a dive after Hogwarts starts, though. Like you're just trying you incorporate too many characters and events, and you end up missing people. Daphne, for example. How many lines does she have in the last 15 chapters? She's mentioned a bit, but she's pretty minor at that point.

And speaking of Daphne, are they dating? I don't think they've ever defined it, but if they're having make-out sessions in the library...

I really like your OCs, though. Rashid is cool. Atticus is awesome. Elijah and Victor Greengrass are badasses.

Overall, not perfect, but a pretty damn good read. Thanks very much for writing it.
The Last Centurion 1 chapter 69 . 7/16
it was an amazing story...
D00rFr4m3 chapter 48 . 7/16
Ah, things are looking up. Excellent. I figure they'll take at least a slight downturn after the tournament starts, but still.

I'm glad Harry and Daphne have reconciled, I hope they start dating again soon, but being friends is perfectly fine too. That whole arc with Isaac was *fantastic*. And the way you tied it into the end of the last arcthe Cambodian adventurewas fantastic.

I hope Harry has at least some interaction with Luna, too. I absolutely love your Luna. She's the best.

Also excited for him to see Fleur again!

This is excellently written, and I'm really enjoying it.

Oooh, it's just occurred to me that we don't actually know what Harry is going to specialize in. Or if he will. I think warding would be cool.
D00rFr4m3 chapter 40 . 7/16
God, Harry is just.. being so stupid. I partially understand him, and I know he's hurting right now, but so is Daphne. She needs him, maybe not romantically, but at least as a friend. Harry feels betrayed, but she fully expects to be irrevocably tied to someone she loathes. Marrying, and having kids with someone she hates. I honestly think Harry is in a better position here. If nothing changes, and everything goes as bad as possible he's going to feel betrayed, and heartbroken. At most, that'll last a couple years. Meanwhile Daphne is 'til death do us part'. Which, honestly, I seriously consider suicide an issue in her situation.

I don't think they're in love. They might be, but they're a little young and this would likely be vastly more angsty if they were.

I just want him to tell Sirius. It's entirely possible Sirius could do something about this, being Head of House Black. He may not embrace that culture, but he was raised in it. Or not, but it's an idea.

God, marriage contracts are fuckin barbaric.
D00rFr4m3 chapter 38 . 7/16
God this sucks.

You're a good writer, and that makes this even more annoying. It would be so much easier if I didn't care about your characters, but it's really hard to not care when I've had 37 chapters of character development.

I can't wait to see how the plot with Daphne plays curious about what Malfoy Senior is up to. Honestly, this would be a horrible situation no matter what, but the fact that it's Draco just makes me so upset. It's so sad, for both of them. I really hope this is either solved quickly, or at the very least Draco doesn't find out about their romance. I imagine Harry might severely injure him if Draco taunts him just right about this.

I'm also excited about Harry's time in France, and his eventual homecoming. I think France was a good idea, it'll give him time to come to terms with everything.
D00rFr4m3 chapter 8 . 7/15
I feel like you decided to change Thomas' relation to Daphne at the last minute. Sometimes it's brother, and sometimes it's uncle. I think Uncle fits better with the way he acts, but brother would be infinitely more amusing. Entirely possible he's just a very laidback brother, I guess?
Wika0304 chapter 2 . 7/13
the earring wear Bill, not Charlie
Maximouse17 chapter 69 . 7/8
Kate, this was absolutely amazing! I love it! I never wanted it to end. I remember back in '16, reading their adventure through the caves. You had me angry, crying, terrified, and relieved. I loved it. Please don't ever let anyone get you down, you have incredible writing skills. And please keep continuing this story! :)
- Max
Well that answers that. I do rather wish I could see Malfoy's face when it went 'poof'
... Harry lost his father's invisibility cloak (One of the Deathly Hallows if you buy into that) and... didn't care?

What.
So, plot convenience teleported them two days journey in the nick of time, Harry legitimately lost all sense, reason, and intellect, and the supposedly strong guardian couldn't drive a sword into a magic-less group of people from behind.

That's some pretty shitty writing, friend.
kittyranma chapter 1 . 7/3
This is good, but you might want to proofread it. There are at least 5 typos in this chapter. Starting with mob for mop of hair.
Veronica McClure chapter 55 . 7/3
Okay good chapter; but how can Krum, Potter, & Diggory each have gotten 33 snitches if what Cedric said is true, that there are 34 training snitches?
1,036 | Page 1 2 3 4 11 .. Last Next »