Reviews for Harry Potter and the Magic of Life
Guest chapter 2 . 2/5/2015
Well, the last person Harry should trust is Lupin seeing as how he wants Harry to work with someone he identifies as using him for his own aims. If he is aware of Dumbledore comitting sins of omission on Harry's loved ones and manipulating the situation so Harry can't live with people who don't abuse him, why would he say Harry has to work with the man?
Kairan1979 chapter 7 . 2/6/2015
I was under impression that Bill didn't meet Greyback until HBP. I guess it's one of the things you've changed?
Guest chapter 6 . 2/2/2015
Thanks for the update.
Glad to see Sirius was declared innocent despite Umbridge's last attempt to discredit him.
I have a bad feeling that the Ministry's incompetence will allow Wormtail to escape again.
Reader AZ chapter 2 . 1/29/2015
But truth be told, Harry wasn't sure that Dumbledore was sooooo happy with the recent events. His happiness on Sirius innocence had been rather limited. As if it didn't play well with some plans of the old wizard.
Please don’t let this be ANOTHER Dumbledore bashing.

It would be a nice surprise since it was his mother's birthday in a few days. (Molly Weasley)
Molly’s birthday was in October.

Trelawney's prophecy of servant and master being reunited.
The above must be wrong in this story as he did not get away- unless he still does.

Dumbledore's a great man but let's not forget that he was the man who didn't give Sirius a trial
That was only Dumbledore in fan fiction. In the books it was Barty Crouch, Sr. Fan fiction writers copy off each other and the fashion in the last couple of years has been DUMBLEDORE BASHING. It is starting to get rather boring.

I am told by the Court and am able to put together myself."
What does that mean?
Reader AZ chapter 1 . 1/29/2015
He was tall, his skin was rough and tanned, his stereotypical Weasley-red hair long and in a ponytail and a fang-earring dangled from his ear. ….. "Charlie Weasley." He introduced himself to Harry.
It sounds as if you are describing Bill as he had the ponytail and fang-earing.

This could be interesting.
Futurist chapter 3 . 1/31/2015
Ok...you need an editor.
I know a good one, contact me if interested.

...the shed where he kept all his plucks and radios? (plugs)
...harmonic teenage behavior...(hormonal)
Kairan1979 chapter 5 . 1/31/2015
Thanks for the update.
Is this going to be Harry/Daphne?
Lovegoods going with cursebreaking expedition? It can actually work, since Quibbler offers runic puzzles they must be good at Runes.
P.S. "some money from my faults" - "vaults"
Futurist chapter 2 . 1/31/2015
"...i dont want you to be enemies. you need each other. we cant afford to be more divided than we already are?"

Just have to say. Not just no! But Hell no!

NOTHING is more deadly than a false friend or waffling ally! NOTHING!

I see attempts at manipulation as the worst sort of betrayal. I would never trust someone I KNEW was trying to manipulate me!
GBTtown chapter 4 . 1/30/2015
Very good beginning! I like that you jumped right in with the prophecy and the horrific. I get so tired of the same 'ol besting around the Bush secrecy.
Find yourself a Beta! You have several major spelling and grammar errors.
Kairan1979 chapter 4 . 1/30/2015
Thanks for the update.
Glad to see Dumbledore recognized that returning Harry to Privet Drive is useless.
I think somebody should point out to Molly that Hary will probably be safer with Bill in Cambodia than he was in Hogwarts.
I wonder if he has another motive to keep Harry away from Britain. After all, Dumbledore always has a hidden agenda, even if he isn't Evil!Dumbledore.
Kairan1979 chapter 3 . 1/30/2015
I hope we'll learn about Sirius' trial soon. The Ministry dragging its collective feet worries me.
I knew that Bill is going to see through Harry's avoidance and drag him to the Burrow.
I wonder if Bill is going to have questions about the Chamber of Secrets; after all, the legendary Chamber must be interesting for Cursebreaker. Or Charlie asks what happened to Basilisk's carcass and explain how much it worth after harvesting.
P.S. Minor mistakes - 'arithmetics' instead of 'Arithmancy'; "one more mouth to feet" - ''feed"; "harmonic teenage behavior" - "hormonal"; "where he kept all his plucks" - "plugs"; "Cuddly Cannons" - "Chudley".
Kairan1979 chapter 1 . 1/30/2015
There isn't enough good Cursebreaker!Harry stories. I liked Bungle in the Jungle and Harry Potter and the Cursed Summer. Let's hope yours will be just as good.
P.S. 'This was ridicules' - ''ridiculous'.
That Other Coin chapter 4 . 1/30/2015
Wow, I know you said it wasn't Dumbledore bashing, but I didn't expect it to be his idea. I'm really enjoying this story, especially the way you show Ron being a good friend in this, the gets the short-straw too often :)
Hope you update soon
Ddragon21 chapter 1 . 1/30/2015
I like harry and the cursed summer too. and if you don't want to add oc's maybe you could use people in harry potter who would love to travel? luna lovegood travels with her father to find her creatures and she is in ravenclaw. wouldn't surprise me if she wanted to come who knows maybe a tomb could carry ancient beings and I want her as a pairing lol.
Renata MM chapter 4 . 1/30/2015
I like your story. I believe that I only read two others with Mentor!Bill, and the best is your inspiration. I'm so sad when I think in that lovely history abandoned.

But to not suffer later and abandon the story, what are your thoughts about pairings? Probably is to soon, but I was reading a great fic that was so spoiled because the horrid pairing that I had no choice but abandon it. After more then fifty chapters,
1,366 | « Prev Page 1 .. 81 88 89 90 91 92 Next »