Reviews for Bitter Winds
Guest chapter 1 . 11/11/2015
Wow, how exciting, and captivating. I love mysteries!
TimmyTurnerFan chapter 1 . 2/23/2015
I'm reviewing as I read.

Review Part 1

I read this was a scary story and said, "I can handle it."

When I read of Carl, I thought you actually meant Asperger's Carl, until I read Sugar Bowl Owner, leading me to realise that that's Carl Manino, a character I included in just one fanfic so far (see Seeing Carl Manino)

I also thought this story had to do with the weather I saw on ABC News today. The storms, the pile ups on the freeways, freeways cleared in Dallas Fort Worth, tornado in California. And we're supposed to het rain ourselves tonight and tomorrow on Southern Arizona, or at least Tucson.

Typical D,W. always dragging Arthur from what he does. What is she, his second mother? That's how my sister was to me.

Then the power going out until a mysterious figure appears and it's back on and when he leaves the power goes out again.

Poor Marina. It's bad enough she's blind, then she gets lost and goes some place she shouldn't, gets scolded by some mysterious figure, same one or no? I'll read on.

After Marina going missing, I thought to myself, "Who's next?" Or something like that.

And after reading about Buster saying "We should go after hours," I said outloud twice "Bad Idea!" And I stopped to review what I've read so far.

Review Part 2
Carl's right, the kids are crazy! I thought that before I learned Carl thought the same thing.

The lights going out in the Sugar Bowl now? Now this is really getting scary. I had a feeling the mystery guy was lurking about. This is scary but I won't stop now, I'm going to push through.

I cannot believe the kids are actually going in! Now I just have to find out what's going on.

Review Part 3
(SPOILER ALERT. SKIP TO THE PARAGRAPH AFTER THE NEXT PARAGRAPH FOR THOSE WHO HAVEN'T READ.

Well now it looks and seems like Marina is alive but not well. I'll find out.

It was a good idea Buster said to split up. Kind of like Scooby Doo (which I don't watch anymore,) only no talkink dog beginning almost every word with R, or someone going for food, not even Buster. But if he was, Arthur or Muffy, well anyone, like Francine or Sue Ellen would probably ask him "How can you think about food at a time like this?"

Nice of Binky not to want to leave the girls alone. Francine better be careful!

Review Part 4

When I read that Binky and the two remaining girls were trapped, I said "Uh-Oh!" out loud! Looks like someone, or a group of someones were next all long! Turned out to be Binky and the girls.

Thank goodness Francine made it out alive and untouched! And thank goodness Bailey wasn't too far away. Good thinking ahead Muffler!

Then two men, one of them being Corbin, come out. And when they hear Muffy, they look around. I probably would have glared at Muffy too. But that was way too close. I wonder if Matthew is a rabbit, or dog, him having good hearing.

So what's taking so long? My guess, either the police don't believe the Frenskys, or they are questioning them, or they are hesitating for whatever reason. It stinks when something takes longer than it should or than you want it to.

Review Part 5

I knew the police would be no help! Why am I not surprised?! (Rhetorical Question) That explains the said delay. And now Fern and Binky are stuck cleaning toilets. And a new man named Herman is there. I wonder what they're doing to Sue Ellen. At least Binky found Marina again but she's probably zombified or something. Well not zombified, I don't like to use that word. I'll just say Brain washed.

Bailey and the Frenskys, and the other garbage men better hurry! Time is really of the escense now!

Review Part 6

More uh ohs from this reader. I take it Millicent is Muffy's mother. Will check Arthur Wiki for it.

But Arthur and Buster got caught! At least not by the kidnappers. But now things seem to be getting a little more messed up. Marina, Binky, Fern, and Sue Ellen are hostages, Arthur, Buster, and Muffy are now helpless, and Francine, as far as I know, doesn't know what's happening to her friends. Oh the agony and humanity! Drama, I know. But this is getting a little more complicated, or something.

Review Part 7

The three bad men have been siezed and the children are saved! And the police finally came through! It was good thinking for Bailey to summon Oliver's coworkers!

Review Part 8

This was a very good story. Took me more than two hours to read but it was worth it. Cool!

Corbin was a very terrible man! I'll bet he'll be facing 50 to life (well the 50 part is exaggerated, I only added that to make the word "life," and what I'm saying make more sense.

I almost thought this was a psychic story and hope it wasn't, I'm not comfortable reading or watching things having to do with devination or preminitions.

But what was Corbin thinking? What a jerk! What a dweeb! What a fool! And he murdered a fruend? He surely was no friend to do that to the poor blind woman. And then to do this to a blind helpless child? This makes my blood boil! He deserves to be locked up for good!

I'm glad everyone's safe and happy now. I wonder how Arthur, Buster, Francine, Muffy, Fern, Sue Ellen, and Binky are duscussing this.

And good Fern learened her lesson. So you be careful Fern and don't get yourself or your friends, or let anyone get you into anykind of mess!

If any of you are wonder about this review divided in sections, I have a short attention span, or am an easy forgetter and this was long. So I read a portion. Stopped, reviewed what I read so far and resumed. I'll probably do that again during other long 1-shots.

Now if you'll excuse me, I gotta run for my skin! Muffy is mad at me for calling her Muffler. Just for the record, I was watching the Arthur Episode "Muffy's Soccer Shocker."

And I run as Muffy angrily chases after me.
Guest chapter 1 . 2/20/2015
I'm a little confused. In the epilogue, you said that his intentions for Marina were what was written in his latest novel, which I believe you said was about families dying from losing control on dangerous curves... does that explain why her mother disappears? Was she somehow coaxed onto a road with a dangerous curve that caused her to lose control of her vehicle to her own demise? But that doesn't quite explain what his intentions for Marina were - unless by saying his intentions were in his latest novel refers to a novel he was currently working on that had yet to be released, which I guess it what you meant.

And did Corbin Douglas really pay off the police? I read that they felt guilty for not taking the situation more seriously as they should have, but that also still isn't quite clear.

Other than a few typos and misspellings here and there, this was still an interesting story nonetheless. I hope they can find some help for Marina to reverse her brainwashing; I once read a badfic from a terrible author years ago involving a character being brainwashed into a prostitute, yet somehow, a trip to a psychiatrist and a hypnosis session seemed to reverse it just like that. I'm just glad that in this case, Marina was mostly unharmed. The more I think about it, this sounds like it could make for an interesting Goosebumps or Are You Afraid of the Dark? story. And Fern was inspired by all this? Oh that Fern and her dark and sinister mind, heh.
TheUltimateCombo chapter 1 . 2/1/2015
That story was like the darkest I've ever read.
Really cool.
A little rushed at the end(this could've easily been a full time story), but not bad.
Son of Whitebeard chapter 1 . 1/31/2015