Reviews for Lotus Reborn
TinkStar87 chapter 13 . 7/6/2015
Wow, this was a great story! I really liked it a lot better than i thought i would. (mainly wasn't sure if this was a Li/Meilin story or a Sakura/Li story) Happy how it turned out though! Hope you do more with these characters in the future. Until then, Read ya Later ;)
Dragonkiller12012 chapter 13 . 2/12/2015
This amazing story is still enjoyable all these years later. It's been more than a decade. Thank you for writing a story that withstands the test of time.
Eilegna chapter 13 . 8/6/2014
This story was really great.. I can see that it can really be a part of the canon story where Meilin is concerned. It's a nice back story to the series that I wondered why are you not part of Clamp? 0.o

Anyway I loved Eric, I totally like his sarcasm..hell, I like SARCASM. He's witty and funny. The dialogue kinda remind me of JadeWing's you two have a huge sense of entertaining dialogue humor! And I kinda get the dialogue where government can't really help people. (Is that the ice cream dialogue?) It makes HUGE SENSE. And it's sad. I wonder who can help?

I can really feel the emotion going on with Syaoran. It was hard for someone to be there all your life to be just taken by someone else because she/he's not really yours. I'm surprise that Sakura didn't get jealous and totally understand. I agree that Sakura was wiser in this fic. I'm also tired of her or Syaoran being portrayed as clueless. It's just..sigh. Credit to their brains People! They're powerful sorcerer's anyway!

I wanted to cry at the end of the 'Letting go' episode where Syaoran let her fly free. He does love her but it will never be enough because his heart belongs with Sakura. It was a nice portrayal of how Touya must've felt to let his sister go to Syaoran, though I find that hard to imagine because he was always portrayed in the canon series with the vein popping effect, with Yukito being perceptive or was glaring with Syaoran. But then again it's hard to let go. Sigh.

I was almost disappointed on the small amount of SXS in this story. But it was Meilin's story after all and you did a one HELL of a GOOD job on it. And those dialogues between you and the characters? It's entertaining. Though i kinda just scanned the part with the politics bit. (guess I'm more into arts kind of person than those complicated ranks and twisted mazes that is politics) it's funny cause it makes them real.

I hope you continue to write more wonderful stories. If I haven't got a huge reading list and a whole lot of other things to do, I probably finished that reading list, your fanfics included.

More power and kick ass!
terekakushi chapter 6 . 4/5/2014
Hello! A friend of mine recommended me to read Wild Flower in 2007, and since then I've reread it several times over the years. After that I tried Coffee Girl, and also These Games We Play though I have never watched Transformers. I really enjoy your writing style, and the way you organise the flow of the story is impressive. I enjoyed all three stories more than 95% of the fiction books available in the library. You seem to make the characters come to life and I'm never bored reading your work. I passed over Lotus Reborn simply because I didn't like the name (whoops) but I just started it now and it's excellent thus far. What you said about the govt and helping the poor makes a lot of sense to me. I volunteer with a govt-supported organisation and sometimes there are programmes to help the needy and I always felt there was something wrong about spending money. Where was the money coming from and why did we have it? And should we have had it?
Social issues aside, Eric's really entertaining! I like his dialogue the most. I'm looking forward to reading the rest of the story! Please keep writing! Ganbatte!
ShibuyaSadoTorigoya chapter 13 . 2/13/2011
Amazing story. I'm glad you wrote it!
ForgottenJuliette chapter 13 . 1/21/2011
That was an amazing story! And you're right Eric is perfect for Meilin.
Sukiyaki chapter 13 . 8/23/2010
The best Meilin fic ever! Kudos!
LatyfeSurLeSora chapter 13 . 8/8/2010
Amazing story.
Sapphire-sama Dreamer chapter 13 . 8/6/2010
Should've written a chapter about that stay with Meilin and Eric it would be so epic to see him and Li trying to bond.
somnambulating chapter 13 . 10/29/2008
This story always cheers me up when I'm having a craptasmic day.
QueenKit chapter 13 . 10/25/2008

Awesome story. I actually understood some of the politics stuff, like the ice-cream. Amazingly my micro-econimics course has come in real handy lately... and we're only halfway through the semester.
Shade the Bat chapter 13 . 5/1/2008
DAMN YOU IRS!
Risika Tellerman chapter 12 . 10/10/2007
Okay! I have read this story at least 10 times. First to last page... now I come with an idea. You should create a story that includes Melin meeting Eric's friend... so let us say a prologue to the epilogue. Does that make since?
Sacred Dust chapter 13 . 10/1/2007
This was incredible.

You took the main characters from Cardcaptor Sakura, matured them, and made them your own-and still allowed them to be themselves. That is the ultimate challenge of any dedicated fan fiction writer, and you proved that you were up to it. You have my sincere admiration and gratitude.

The most stunning part of all, I think, was that you introduced a completely new character into the mix without doting on him or letting him overwhelm the whole point of the story (although he came dangerously close a few times), which was Meilin finding herself and becoming a complete person. Eric meshed with her, Sakura and Li in a way that seemed almost natural. It would have been so easy for you to put all the focus on him, or to use him as nothing more than a plot device to reunite the original characters. But you avoided those traps as well.

Your references to the series were also helpful. Every time the story seemed about to drift away and lose itself, you asserted control and kept it grounded. Even the finest authors can let a good story get away from them, and once that happens they almost never find it again. You are either highly experienced, or highly precocious; in the hands of a lesser writer, the plot might have seemed melodramatic or cliched. But instead, it was fascinating. Meilin Li has always been a favorite CCS character of mine, and seeing her finally take control of her life after such a long struggle was a dream come true.

The only real criticism I can offer is that the ending-attached to such a suspenseful and brutally honest story-seems a bit too contrived, a bit too fanciful. If it were me, I might have set off in a different direction at that point. But this is your story, and I suppose Meilin and Eric deserved their happiness. If only real life could be so kind.

Once again, thank you for this inspiring, entertaining, and moving story. I may contact you in the near future, to talk further about it, and maybe to seek advice. This is an automatic addition to my favorites.
funkmasterjo chapter 13 . 9/26/2007
Nice. Very good piece in all departments of awesomeness.

Of course, I have my conflicting feelings(poor Syaoran). But if we're talking about quality of work, I won't complain at all!