Reviews for Mysterious Eyes
LillyGirl310 chapter 1 . 9/23/2013
Aww what a sweet story and it has giving me afew ideas for my own story when I write it and I would like to see a squeal that tells us what happens nxt and if Yamaki and Reikia live happily every after or not.
Till Next Time
Endless Strategy Games chapter 1 . 9/7/2012
I liked this piece, but I felt you stumbled at a few key places that really put a damper on things. First for the positives though. It's very well written; everyone is well in character, and the pacing is excellent. I especially like your take on how the world changed after Tamers' end. Hypnos and the tamers involvement with the organization is fun to watch. Besides that, every scene with Yamaki is quite enjoyable, seeing as he's my favorite character in all of Tamers (the Steve Blum voice also helps). The flower Renamon had seemed sort of contrived and didn't really amount to much, but on a whole the first half of this story is great.

But from there... things get worse. For one thing, you take the story in some rather dark directions. I was fine with Mimura bugging the house, implying that he was spying on Reika, but when you later have him groping her and such it doesn't feel like tamers anymore. I mean, you can introduce mature themes into a show like Tamers, but there comes a point where the shift from the original work becomes disorienting and uncomfortable. And while on the topic of Mimura, I was sort of dissapointed to find out he was simply a stalker. The way the flower reacted, the glint in his eyes, it seemed like Mimura was something more than human. As a mere human, his threat level goes down several notches. I would get over this, after all you did keep the conflict surrounding him interesting, but there's one big reason I can't. This work is full of plot holes, mainly out of necessity to keep the plot moving. Correct me if I'm wrong, but these are the ones that occurred to me.

1: Yamaki initially can't fire Mimura because he has no evidence of misconduct. But the only reason he has no evidence is because the security cameras are being manipulated by him. Yamaki knows this, so why doesn't he tell Mimura that if the security cameras go offline again he'll be faulted for it?

2: Yamaki discovered videotapes of him and Reika in their attic. How in the world did they get there, and why did Mimura leave them there? Also, why don't the police assist them at this point? They know Mimura has been taping them, that should count as a crime for violation of privacy.

3: Why doesn't Impmon stop Mimura when he sees him at Hypnos? Digimon are much stronger and faster than humans, and Impmon seems the most likely of the group to attempt such a bold move. I realize there is strength in numbers, but how much more of an advantage do you need when you have a target in plain sight? Certainly any advantage gained by waiting for reinforcments would be outbalanced by giving Mimura time to mess with Hypnos' tech. Which brings me to 4.

4: If Hypnos is so important, why isn't it any better guarded? If a couple of computers are stopping worlds from colliding, you'd think they'd need more than a keycard to access, or at least have guards around them 24/7.

You got off to a great start, but the end was most unsatisfactory.
Rogue2k7 chapter 1 . 7/30/2012
That... was really good. I had to stay up reading all this. I do agree with one of your earlier viewers that this isn't really an M-rated fic (though that one scene after Reika gets kidnapped is pretty disturbing). You've shown how to make a villain that is still human (although he's mentally deranged to the point of complete monsterhood) and at the same time make him a threat to the two worlds. In some ways, this guy's worse than Kurata. Kurata was mainly after just digimon out of fear (before deciding he wanted to take over the world). This guy wants everyone dead because of selfishness. And he achieves his potential better, too.

Kudos for a good writing style and excellent characterization. It really felt like I was watching the show despite the mature themes of this story. It was also great to see Yamaki, Reika and Megumi in the limelight. We really need to see more of them.
TBCR chapter 1 . 9/28/2010
Quite Possibly the Best Digimon One-Shot to Date
The Digital Gate chapter 1 . 7/18/2009
This was an amazing story, and really worth my time. :) I'm glad I finally got around to reading it. And not to be nitpicky or anything, but you had one typo: ["I've got to go to work today, remember?" asked Jenrya said.]
mangagirl18 chapter 1 . 9/12/2007
Wow, that was one impressive story. You had me hooked all the way. Considering the lenghth of the story, were very few grammer and spelling mistakes. The only thing I can really complain about is when you write *said Takato.* instead of *Takato said*. But that's just the way I feel. Overall, I thought the story was great.
Lunna chapter 1 . 4/22/2007
it's good but next time, don't make it in only 1 chapter... It's way too much for reading at once...
000000000135 chapter 1 . 4/21/2007
Yet another of your excellent stories. The way you write- it's so realistic, that when you describe Akira Mimura's actions, it really freaks me out. Especially his obsessive nature, and how he seemed attractive and polite at first.

I know that you've stopped writing for Digimon for three years and have moved on to Yu-gi-oh, but please write some more Digimon. There are not a lot of Tamers stories out there, and well-written ones are even rarer. If you would please go back to writing Digimon fanfiction, especially for Digimon Tamers, ESPECIALLY for Reika x Yamaki or Jenrya x Ruki pairings, I would be truly thankful. That is all I feel I must say.

Best wishes

vanessahilarylaurens
Laryna6 chapter 1 . 7/7/2006
Yay! Yamaki fic! You were recced to me and I'm glad you were.
Artemis chapter 1 . 3/19/2006
I realize this has been posted for a long time and I'm probably bugging you by reveiwing it now, but I have to say- this is -amazing-. I normally don't like fics that're this... disturbing, I guess, but... this is a total exception.

And... wow. I'm sorry I can't say more than that.

-Artemis

(Many apologizes that this isn't signed but won't let me log in. ;}
Yami Vizzini chapter 1 . 10/10/2005
That was... well, what can I say- intense. And I was warned. Which isn't to say I didn't enjoy it; I like intense- and psychos like "Mimura", although he was a little too creepy even for me at times. Another great Hypno-centric (more or less) story! I was wondering how Mimura (if he was truly only human) could devastate both worlds, but it seemed like logical plot development, especially where this nut was concerned. I wondered after reading the summary if it might refer to the human Demon in the aftermath of "Megumi's Wish", but I used the Find function before I got around to actually reading it and brought up no mention of him.
MagCat chapter 1 . 10/7/2005
I read this all the way thru and I absolutely loved it! There aren't too many Yamaki/Reika stories out there and I'm glad this is one of them. Keep on writin'!
DigitalPunkmonkey chapter 1 . 7/12/2005
Excellent story! I loved it alot! You should definately keep writing D
Arc Trader chapter 1 . 10/29/2003
Despite the fact that I'm almost eleven months late, I have just finished this story, and I have only the highest of compliments.

Rare it is to find a Digimon (or any fic, for that matter) that expertly mixes incredibly realistic elements with the anime's unreal things. Loved it, every minute I spent. Highly recommended.

-Phantom Kensai
taichi rules chapter 1 . 9/16/2003
whoa... this fic was really intense. *_* akira mimura's obsessive nature gave me the chills...