Reviews for Violated
Perentie Fan chapter 1 . 7/27/2016
I myself have always been very critical over how the last season of Legend of Korra was handled, the motivations and actions of so many characters and the lack of closure left me so dissatisfied that it actually turned me off to a series that I had loved and defended ever since Last Airbender, in part because it seemed like most of the talk about the show suddenly was all about Korra being bisexual and how wonderful or horrible that was.

I don't consider myself that hard to please when it comes to story quality, and I freely admit my own biases (wanting Korra and Mako to be together and finding Korra and Asami to not make much sense). I may even be hypocritical, since I liked the endings to series like Naruto in part because pairings I wanted happened, even if they were not developed ideally in the actual series. In a sense Korra was a good learning experience for me as I'd never experienced the kind of disappointment I'd read from so many fans in various series over the years who disliked/hated certain pairings.

I guess arrogance also played a part in my disappointment. I felt I understood Korra as well as I had all the characters in the various series for which I agreed with/liked the pairing choices. Heck I rarely get into a series unless I am already pretty certain of how things will turn out when it comes to romance. To be so mistaken about her was a new experience, a educational one, I now knew what it was like to be on the losing side of a canon pairing war, I just wish it hadn't left me with such negative feelings toward a series I had loved so much.

Course shipping results were far from my only problem, another being Kuvira (who had started out with the potential to be the most complex villain in Avatar history) ending up so utterly nonsensical and unexplained. Then there was Korra's Avatar State never seeming to measure up to Aang's, and with no explanation. And finally there was her taking a vacation at the end of the series without a care in the world, despite having been gone for years from the world and an entire nation now having to recover from what Kuvira did to it. It was all so disappointing, though I am aware some of the problems were beyond the control of the writers (who had their funding cut and thus had to make a clip show episode).

That said, this story's perspective may help my feelings regarding the pairings, if only slightly, for while I really hate the idea that Korra was so effected by her traumas that she extended her fears to an entire sex (if Aang could overcome genocide I want Korra to be just as strong), it would at least help explain some of the unexplained things she did in the series (while at the same time creating more questions).

Sorry to have gone on for so long, and to have so much of it not really have to do with your story, but given your efforts here to make sense of Korra's actions I thought you might empathize some with my own conflicted feelings toward the series.
Thundercatroar chapter 1 . 1/24/2016
Honestly, I have never thought of what Korra went through like this before, but you truly did come up with something true here, and it was so obvious.

Of COURSE Korra wouldn't want, or at least would be wary of men, and touch from them, Tenzin, her father, Zuko, Bolin and scores of others were kind to her- and in the spirit world Iroh, but we seldom remember the good, we tend to fixate on the bad. Even Mako, whom professed his care for Korra had let her down.

So in the end, when Korra felt had lost the ability to experience one of life's reasons for living, a shining ray of hope comes for her in the form of Asami Sato. So sad, but very realistic and so well written!

I take my hat off to you!

'Roar
sPaZzIe MaChInE 12 chapter 1 . 11/21/2015
This was so eerie and haunting, yet it fit Korra, and exposed her hidden fears. I reaaaalllyyy like this story!
Bolinlover123 chapter 1 . 2/26/2015
Holy shit, well my heart is now broken! This is friggin amazing! But korra baby...
Kung-fu Blaziken chapter 1 . 2/20/2015
JESUS, this is chilling!
Nesker chapter 1 . 2/17/2015
The way you depict emotions is simply beautiful. I am speechless, I know I'd never be able to do what you do. Keep up the good work, I really enjoyed feeling what Korra was feeling
Guest chapter 1 . 2/4/2015
Loved it, this story defiantly made the situations darker if that was even possible
JediMayukiDaAWESOME chapter 1 . 2/3/2015
Fuuuck, that was deep. I actually never thought of Tarrlok and Unalaq in that manner before: that was really deep