Reviews for Maybe Someday
eclecticfandomer chapter 23 . 5/24
This feels more like a story about teenage life lessons than a legit story. I think that has to do with how amazingly you capture the dynamic of teenagers. This isnt some melodramatic bullshit juliet romeo bull fuckery but a real and accurate life of a teenager. Being a teenager, and just being youngish in general, feels to me like a series of steps where you learn new shit. This is beautiful in its accuracy. Never before have I seen a work like this where I could pick anyone out of city usa and they would heavily relate to this. Its great to read AUs; I love them. But this feels less like your universe (even though it is) and more like life itself. You have officially changed my views of the point of view this story uses.

~EC
eclecticfandomer chapter 2 . 5/24
Ok. So usually I hate stories like this. Stories where the character is acting like a narrator. However I think yours is done brilliantly. I dont know why I love this one and not any of the others but... Shit I do. Im on the edge if my seat.

~EC
LilyRay321 chapter 39 . 9/16/2019
the story was nice and awesome . Plus it was very realistic with jace and clary's problems and not them just jumping into each others bones a day or two after reunion
but I hope this continues with may after college when they all meet again and all, you know?
it will be a nice an interesting part.
Anyways it was amazing
Guest chapter 14 . 6/5/2019
I love your writing, because you can see your personality in it.
Ash2006 chapter 29 . 12/27/2018
wait . I thought Jace was year above them. so wouldn't he be in college
CharlotteLS chapter 39 . 8/10/2018
Amazing story, loved the whole thing
Angelicwonders chapter 1 . 5/4/2017
By the angel so amazing it is now my new favorite story ever
Chocoholic220401 chapter 1 . 11/13/2016
Oh my goodness! I'd die of embarrassment, poor Clary... :P
PhoenixIgnited chapter 38 . 10/23/2016
First off, I'd like to say that on a scale of 5, your story definitely scored a 4.8 if not a full 5. The storyline, was a little cliché, but mostly original, and the writing, humor and the plain coming-of-age drama made up for the 'hackneyed' part of it (if I may say so in Isabelle's words).
The thing I liked about the story most is that Clary and Jace don't instantly fall in love before or after the reconciliation. I like the build-up of their relationship and characters and the fact that Clary nor Jace weren't so easy to forgive their past mistakes.
As a fanfiction reader, I am quite skeptical of stories where the characters 'fall in love' with each other before their coming-of-age, but 'Maybe Someday' completely explained the awkward crushing and liking only a thirteen year old can experience. I love how you've slowly developed the interest to mild love and then intense, despairing love when Jace is back. So this was one of the first stories I enjoyed where the characters' relationship began before their teens.
Also, I like the idea of Clary and Sebastian. If Jace was the one who made Clary realize that she was worthy of love, Sebastian showed it was true by being her boyfriend, and afterwards, as a friend made her realize that she was still worthy for Jace's love. Clary's development from a loner to a fairly confident, cheerful girl is really well portrayed. I also enjoyed the Clary-Simon-Izzy-Maia friendship as it shows the real meaning of a 'best friend group' and rather reminds me of mine.
The reasons why you got 4.8 instead of 5 in my book, is that I found the story a tad bit descriptive and detailed. I feel that, if you had skimmed over some details, the plot would've moved faster, but it does not matter because the story turned out beautifully anyway.
Also, some sub-plots, like the Simon and Maia incident, Jace's and Clary's histories were... blurred. The Simon and Maia incident petered out after the chapter which I found a bit disappointing. Also, what happened to Jace's father? Why was his mother like that? What about Clary's father? Jocelyn's and Luke's relationship? Some questions that popped into my head in the course of my story. Also, I have been through the whole we'll-breakup-but-we'll-be-friends scenario before. I personally feel that Sebastian's and Clary's friendship wouldn't have been so easy after the breakup, especially because their relationship was quite intense. But hey, you can't question a writer.
Believe me, the negatives don't matter much. Overall, this was one of the best Mortal Instruments fanfiction which has crossed my path.
Jade
IridescentLight chapter 39 . 4/16/2016
OMG! I'm so sad Maybe Someday is over :( And I know you finished this story a few months ago but Ari was delaying reading the last two chapters because I didn't want this story to be over, but I really need to stop being in denial and accept that the story is over so I can make peace with it, because the fact that the story is over it doesn't mean that it'll be forgotten. MS is always going to be in my heart, as cheesy as that sounds, because this story is now a part of me and it'll always be a part of me; it has taught me a lot and I am always going to be grateful to this story and to its characters for that reason (and to you for writing it, obviously).

Also I wanted to tell you that I am really enjoying THATH and that I am looking forward for next chapter! :D
IridescentLight chapter 38 . 4/16/2016
Oh, Angel! I'm dying! OMG! Jon's butt's story is the most hilarious thing I've ever heard in my entire life! lmao asdfghjkl...
DreamSlytherin17710 chapter 3 . 4/15/2016
I realize that you finished this syory back in November and I am just now reading this. Also, I am not sure if anyone has noticed what I have and mentioned it already to you. This is a good story, but I can't get past this chapter without mentioning a few things.

According to you, Clary is 13 and in middle school while Jace is 15-16 and in high school.
1) In the last chapter, you have Clary stating that Jace is only a year older than her. It's more like 2-3 years.
2) She's in middle school and he's in high school. They can't avoid each other if they don't even go to the same school.

These are the 2 things that have been bugging me while reading this story and I just had to tell you. I hope I didn't offend you, but I do like your story.
kjanziano chapter 39 . 4/6/2016
OMG THIS STORY WAS AMAZING!
Becca Green chapter 25 . 4/3/2016
YOU ARE AMAZINGLY FABULOUS! How do you make the conversations and their thoughts all sound so real? Also, Seb is so freaking cute! Like, she broke up with him (I know it was on good terms but whatever) and he's helping her with Jace? How nice do you have to be to do that? Anyway, I'm also really happy with myself because for ages I was like what the hell is this APUSH, she never had a class called APUSH and then the penny dropped..
I'm nearly done but I just wanted to ask I they were in the school library because I'm from England and in England, when school is over, you don't re-enter. Or was this after school and I'm just confused?
Oh well, you're amazing and I hope you become an author one day because you are properly talented!

Becca x
kjanziano chapter 14 . 4/3/2016
Aww. That was adorable. But when is have gonna come in the picture? (Btw I know that you've already written a lot and that my question is probably already answered but whatever)