Reviews for A New Path
PBLLady chapter 4 . 6/20/2016
Byrhthelm has written several stories starting with Giving It a Try with Catherine as the romantic lead in Harm's life. They are well written and I love the interaction between the two. Out of all the pairings besides Mac, my two favorite are Catherine and Jen. So this seems to be going one way or the other romantically. Hopefully, there will a friendship with the other. I do love Mattie and so glad to see her appearance here. No matter who Harm ends up with, hopefully both women can help Harm and Mattie. Catherine and Jen would be better role models than Mac. Although Mac has fought the bottle, she can be mean and vindictive. Not something a role model should be. Please give us an update soon.
PBLLady chapter 2 . 6/20/2016
Said it before, not a Harm/Mac fan. I have read some Harm/Jen stories and, if done properly, they pair well. You would be able to do it. Hopefully Mac will wake up and see just how far AJ has fallen from the SeAL code and become a politician. He needs to retire so a new JAG can come in and be a good CO. Personally, I liked General Cresswell and think he would have been liked if the show continued past season .
PBLLady chapter 1 . 6/20/2016
Yes, Harm needs to talk to AJ (I refuse to think of him as the Admiral after Paraguay) one last time. AJ is a SeAL and they never leave a man behind. Once he decided to abandon Mac, AJ lost my respect as a CO and a SeAL. Harm needs to move on from both Mac and AJ. No CIA please because Harm is too honorable for them. Sheffield should be horrified that AJ left Mac out to dry and wouldn't let Harm to after her. As SecNav, he could bring Harm back into the Navy and find him a suitable position. Tom Boone may be retired but I'm sure he has lots of connections to help as well. Let's see what you have coming because I can't wait.
shoppingnull chapter 4 . 5/23/2016
Interesting story. Glad that Harm (so far) didn't go to work for the State Department (CIA). Esther is good for Harm. And I like both Catherine and Mattie in the story. Wonder if any one else from JAG is going to show up.
ad694 chapter 4 . 5/22/2016
Thanks for the update. I'll be waiting to see what direction the story will take. I've never been sure about the 'Catherine' character from the series. I never saw any romantic spark on the series despite them obviously trying to hint at it. Of course Fanfiction can take us anywhere we want to go. As to the'Jennifer' character, I've never understood why people write the age difference as a huge barrier between her and Harm. I believe it would be more of an experience barrier than an age barrier between any two people who have a 10 to 16 year age difference. I don't think that applies all that much between Harm and Jennifer because of her cloudy but rocky years after her mother's death gave her experience beyond her years. Anyway, by your hint about Catherine I suspect perhaps Harm bend towards here in some sort of relationship. I've read the one storyline on Fanfiction about Harm and Catherine and enjoyed it (not a favorite but a good story). If that is the direction I think it's wide open because I feel the character as shown on the Tv series was so weak that you could make her become whatever you want. Good job, thanks for sharing your talent.
Ky111 chapter 4 . 5/22/2016
Great chapter, looking forward to the next one and what Harm's going to end up ultimately doing. I like that Catherine is apparently going to be sticking around as well.

Until the next one.
PBLLady chapter 3 . 4/2/2016
I just found this story and really like it so far. There are so few stories that are not Harm/Mac and I am not a Mac fan. Please continue the story and don't let Harm go to the CIA! Maybe Admiral Boone could find a job for Harm in or out of the Navy. AJ lost my respect when he left Mac to the CIA and refused to help. Harm should be done with him! Maybe the SecNav could be Harm's saving grace. I hope you continue with this story because I love your storytelling.
shoppingnull chapter 3 . 3/9/2016
Interesting story? Update in the works?
ad694 chapter 3 . 6/16/2015
I like this story so far, thanks.
Ky111 chapter 3 . 5/26/2015
Great chapter and looking forward to the next one, still very curious about what Harm will do for work.

Later.
jpstar57 chapter 2 . 4/5/2015
Good chapter, well done. Is this a Mac/Harm friendly story? If not at least have Mac walk away from Webb. Others may put him on a pedestal, but not this guy. Mac can do better without him Webb is a user and certainly not a very nice person with all his darn secrets. Also have Mac have a epiphany about AJ and have her walk away from JAG herself. Let her see what Harm saw in AJ and how he was ready to let her die in Paraguay. Can't wait to see more.
Ky111 chapter 2 . 4/5/2015
Great chapter, looking forward to what will happen next. I personally liked it when Harm went flying for the CIA, it suited him and allowed him to do the one thing he loved more than anything else which is flying (especially when they let him fly super fighters and top secret multi million dollar super prototypes like the Orion, he got a bit screwed when he got canned for his face being shown all over the news after landing that C-130 on the aircraft carrier not like Harm hasn't been on tv or the news before they could of easily just put it out that Harm was still in the Navy or something, so no one would of found out he had just flown a CIA mission).

Although I doubt that's the direction your going to go with this story, interesting twist with Jen (not sure how I feel about this pairing, I don't hate the idea of it, although perhaps they'll just stay friends who knows, only you).

Later.
Jeneral2885 chapter 2 . 4/5/2015
Coates and Harm...love it
Ky111 chapter 1 . 2/11/2015
Great start and interested in seeing where this story is going and how it will develop. The question is what is going to happen with Harms life next.

Until the next one.
jpstar57 chapter 1 . 2/5/2015
Paraguay was what one would call a sentinel event. It is natural that one would choose to go on other path after that event. I took almost a whole year and a half for TPTB to get it back to where it needed to be for their reconciliation. So any path you chose would be fine. Frogtown chose to have Harm teach law at Penn State. I'm sure your path would be just as original. Can't wait to see more.