Reviews for In Sickness and in Health
cant wait for more
JJ2008 chapter 16 . 2/23/2016
Wonderfully done!
pmrs98 chapter 16 . 2/22/2016
Love love love it! Can't wait for me!
Reader chapter 16 . 2/22/2016
welcome back, I was just about to re-read this and then I saw a new chapter! please let the future be with DeeDee ...
Savannah Singleton chapter 16 . 2/22/2016
Hooray for the update, and the good news!

I never expected the return of Rachel; that came as a surprise. Hmm...an interesting twist.

Can't wait to see where the story goes from here. Hope next update comes soon!

Good chapter.
Savannah Singleton chapter 15 . 10/27/2015
What a special chapter with Hunter's childhood memories, and him watching McCall socialize with his family at the birthday party, and all his thoughts on her and their relationship as he watches.

"It was a goodbye." How sad. Sounds like it was a very special, every emotional night between the two of them, him even telling her to remember after he's gone that he loved her.

Very realistic with his family and friends not knowing what to say to him, so choosing to avoid him.

This chapter is very well done. I believe your writing improves with each chapter. Great job.
Reader chapter 15 . 10/25/2015
Thanks for the quick posting, it was a pleasant surprise! I really liked how you painted the picture of how McCall interacts with the family. I always seen her a welcome member - even exclusive of Hunter :) You did a great job capturing how much the y mean to each other.
Autumn chapter 15 . 10/25/2015
What a wonderful surprise with the quick update. And such a lovely sentimental chapter with Hunter's childhood memories and his thoughts on McCall as he watches her interact with his family.

And, of course, it had me wanting to read quickly through, in hopes of getting a bit of info on what took all place the night before.

Funny that he smelled his clothes after he realized he'd been wearing them for several days before dressing in them. How many of us have done that. I'm guilty!

And then McCall bringing warm clothes to the hospital, hats for both him and her, and even saying she'd consider shaving her head. Doesn't get sweeter than that.

And then the two of them settling in to watch the football game. Loved it.

Thanks.
Reader chapter 14 . 10/23/2015
Welcome back, I hope all is well! What a great chapter, you did a great job capturing the drain of being a caregiver while working full-time. It's not easy, but you find a way to make it work.
Autumn chapter 14 . 10/23/2015
Long chapter, and filled with with so many emotions, at least for me as the reader. The first part depressed me terribly, from the thoughts of McCall overworked and overtired, the overwhelmness of everything, her job and her unsolved case, the stacked up laundry, Hunter's sickness, and puking on her, soiling the last of her clean clothes.

Then, while the officers were clearly jerks of the worst kind, the Captain's dressing down of them made me smile.

And then the last scene, more enouraging with Hunter having at least a better day than the night he puked on her, even getting out that day and walking to get food, though it wore him out to do so. And McCall solves her case, that has her in better spirits.

The last scene was so special, so sweet. The one guest review before this one surprised me. I know nothing about having cancer, or it's effects, or chemo, but seems to me even a very ill person would want to be held, caressed, by someone they love. Perhaps even more so. McCall said it made her feel better when she was in the hospital, and she wants to do the same for him, make him comfortable, and to feel better about himself. He's clearly down and depressed about his manhood. Whether or not it turns into sex, whether or not he can actually perform, or whether its just a few moments of intimacy between two people who obviously have strong feeling about each other, we will find out in the next chapter, I assume. Can't wait for it!

This, to me, was a great chapter, the best so far. Keep it up, and keep those updates coming.

Thanks.
Guest chapter 14 . 10/22/2015
Wait...so he ralphs all over her, she goes and works a crime scene, she's exhausted and he is near death...and this is when they have sex? You have done a great job showing the horror of chemo so far. This latest part doesn't seem real to me.
Guest chapter 14 . 10/21/2015
Wow! Just WOW! Amazing... Can't wait for more...
Savannah Singleton chapter 14 . 10/21/2015
So pleased to see an update to this story, and what a great one!

Even if McCall thought the Captain got carried away, I so enjoyed reading his dressing down of "Laughing Seal" (funny) and the other officer.

The last scene with McCall and Hunter - so perfect, so well-written. Loved it. Glad it will be continued. Soon, I hope.
Guest chapter 13 . 7/18/2015
Ohhh No!
sg1star chapter 13 . 7/18/2015
this was such a touching and moving part of the story...brought back some very strong memories of my dad fighting throat cancer...
your story is well written and captures the essences of the characters