Reviews for Three Wise Monkeys
wei lai mei lei chapter 20 . 11/16
I wanna say something intelligent-sounding, but it's late and my brain is fried so I'll stick with this;
I loved your story, even if it made me cry my damn eyes out. I'll definitely go check out the sequel!
MidnightNyah chapter 20 . 1/14/2019
great story, i spent the entire day reading it XD why do we love seeing our beloved characters suffer so haha. The mental break down was really well done too, really loved it and being able to see inside Edward's head while everything happened was awesome, really got us attached to the character in our... eh... own creepy way XD
AobaWilliams chapter 20 . 4/3/2018
Oh wow. I dont know what to say. It was quite some experience that I wasnt expecting upon starting this fic.
I dont really have the words to say it but, I stumbled upon this fic kinda by accident (I think it was because I found Overheard first) and I have absolutely no regret upon reading it. Everything was so well written and this ending is like a punch to the guts.
Thanks for sharing !
JemDragons chapter 20 . 1/21/2018
This was fantastic. It was a pleasant surprise to find a high-quality non-rape-y FMA fic. It feels complete sequel-less so I won't read the sequel. This was really good, though.
Carrie3 chapter 1 . 12/18/2017
This fanfic freaked me out a bit. It's very different and because of that I've remembered it very well even after reading it so long ago. When I first read it I liked it okay. But my second time (now) I absolutely loved it. I understand it a lot better now and I think I missed a lot of things the first time around. Very good writing! Loved it! Thank you!
peachflavorr chapter 20 . 10/17/2017
I’m only just seeing this wonderful story and I’m disappointed that I didn’t find it sooner! It was a great read and I hope the sequel is just as long and wonderful!
jade chapter 19 . 10/3/2017
ok so a friend has been wanting me to read this fic for WEEKS but I've been procrastinating hardcore on it. not because of the fic itself or anything but because I'm just lazy lmao. anyway so I sat my ass down today to finally read after much prodding from my buddy and holy fuck dude. oh my god. it's 4:40am and holy shit. idk why I put off reading fics especially when they're so GOOD. i ADORE your ed. he's in character the whole time, even when being tortured. he retains that shithead snark and attitude problem he has in canon and I LOVE IT! I love when writers are accurately able to work in a character's canon personality, and you've done just that. damn.

I was gonna say something more about your lovely writing style, too, but it's almost 5am and I've been reading on my phone since? 11:30 or 12? I summarize my thoughts as: I love your style. it's descriptive without making gross scenes nauseating, but? vague enough? that you're not explaining EVERY point you're trying to convey. no idea if that makes any sense but anyway. I love this fic
EnderTenderr chapter 19 . 6/23/2017
Holy shit, that was really was depressing, but very very good.
Cricketsong.1985 chapter 19 . 1/15/2017
Well that was depressing. And stressful. You are a very talented authorI couldn't put this fic down! It really evoked a lot emotions and reactions all over the spectrum (a sure sign of excellent writing) from anxiety to revulsion and from hope to despair. I was drawn in through the whole story because I desperately wanted something good to happen to Ed. I wish it had turned out better for him, but respect the tragedy that you wove together regardless. You kept me in the dark about enough details to make it impossible not to keep reading. I suspected what Ed was going to end up doing, but just had to know. There were a few chapters after Ed's rescue where I got a little tired of his misery and delusions, and I was really frustrated with how unlike himself he became as things escalated after his 'escape' from the dorms. As this progressed you were able to justify this behaviour, but it still gave me a sour taste. Overall a well-executed and wonderfully written fic, and surely a change from the average content around here. Thanks for taking the time to create this beautiful monstrosity!
Dawnfire11 chapter 19 . 8/9/2016
I need them to do a psychological spinoff of fmab with this plot. I literally don't know why I stayed up this late but here I am, having read this story in a five hour span because I couldn't for the life of me put it down.

Without a doubt one of the best fmab fanfics I have ever read in my entire life. I'm in shock. I don't know what to do.
hodges2 chapter 19 . 10/28/2015
omg this is super depressing lol
Artist2009 chapter 19 . 10/6/2015
wow. i loved this story. i just coudn't stop reading. i felt excited forwhat was gonna happen next that i haven't felt in a long time. it brightened my day.
are you gonna make a sequel? i'd love to see ed return somehow, get his revenge on envy.
A Crownless Queen chapter 19 . 8/20/2015
Let me just flat out say that this is depressing. As in, I need to read fluff and crack right now, because I feel like how I did after reading oedipus Rex for the first time.

I can't really say anything else than that. I just... can't formulate words and sentences right now. I guess I don't exactly like this story, but that is probably your intention. I like your writing style though- there's something hooking about it, which is why I could still read this to the end. I really wanted Ed to be all right...

Now. Do you have any happy stories? xD
MondayVibes chapter 19 . 8/12/2015
Haha! When you responded to my other review, I thought I recognized your name. And I did, because I had stumbled across this story a little while back, kept telling myself that I should probably leave a review, and then ... didn't.

Well, here it is now.

Loved to see how this story progressed, and am a particularly big fan of the ending, as sad as it is. The way you concluded things just seems so incredibly in character for, well, everyone. Of COURSE Ed would sacrifice himself to make his brother whole again, especially considering the situation, and of COURSE Al would be upset and want to try to find a way to undo everything.

Also really liked the creativity behind the whole "this is why Ed is a homunculus." It's an odd explanation, but it works, and there have been stranger things to happen in the manga and anime than what you've come up with. Plus, it's rather refreshing not to have another "the homunculi kidnapped him and turned him into Pride!Ed"-based plot.

Cheers!
xCxBxBx
TheHaloFreak chapter 19 . 8/10/2015
Does a simple sad face count as a review? :(
No? Ok I'll try again.
Sad, sad, sad feels have filled me up :( I'm sad this story is over, and of course I'm sad it didn't have a happy ending. I shall try to imagine a universe in which this story ends with happy gangster Ed making out with Winry, Alphonse being a weight lifter after having got his body back, Envy as a smoldering pile of homunculous dust, Father stripping the night away, and maybe Mustang and Riza with a baby. And unicorns. Yup. All that stuff.
Totes sad this will be the last review for this story, and I wish it was a better last review. I love your writing and can't wait to read more of it in Illusory, which I've just realized will probably be another sad story, darnit!