Reviews for Those Who Endure
GothDyke chapter 10 . 8/1
Hi, it's been 2 1/2 years since your last update, and I sincerely hope that you haven't abandoned this story.

I not only enjoyed this series, but I also *loved* reading this. I am a real sucker for Angst and Drama in combination with good Hurt/Comfort, and you are delivering beautifully.

I love how Harry and Snape bond over their shared trauma and how caring and protective they both become. You are showing rape and its consequences very accurately and thus very believably.

Unfortunately, Harry is still at the very beginning of the long and arduous road to find healing and deliverance from his emotional hell, and I very much wish to follow him... Therefore, I beseech you to come back to this story and make my day with an update.
excessivelyperky chapter 8 . 1/6
Very good chapter, Harry made a breakthrough in realizing that sometime he's the one who needs to apologize (this is something they teach in Gryffindor, that everything a Gryffindor is right, especially when it's done to a Slytherin).

I think it's pretty clear to Sylvia that Dumbledore is behind a lot of this, but since she works for the Order, she isn't going to say anything bad about him, either. Snape makes a very good scapegoat, and I hope she's noticed that, though as I said, nothing is going to be done about that, either. (and Snape himself could use a mind-healer-but his grudges against Dumbledore are even greater, and he probably has a good idea that it would be a bad idea to mention them to a healer allied with the Order).

Sylvia herself is doing well; but she's going to be like Harry's teachers and not do anything about Dumbledore.
excessivelyperky chapter 7 . 11/2/2018
Yes, that scene was horrible and I could only skim over it-no wonder that Harry doesn't want to celebrate his birthday.
excessivelyperky chapter 6 . 10/25/2018
Very good chapter, and I hope that both of them realize that it's not all Snape's fault. Dumbledore and others should have their fair share of it, too. But Snape will always blame himself for anything that goes wrong (it's a habit that both his masters are very happy he has, really).
excessivelyperky chapter 5 . 10/24/2018
Oh, dear, suicide is often where PTSD leads. I hope Snape finds Harry in time.
Guest chapter 10 . 12/11/2017
UPDATE!1
Guest chapter 10 . 10/2/2017
are you going to continue this?
Guest chapter 10 . 5/11/2017
Hey there. I'm a girl of 16 and a huge HUGE potterhead. I LOVE your stories totally. Especially the part u explain wise thoughts. Totally dig it dude!I'm so waiting for u to update it . I wanna see it end. I have read all your stories and they are all my favourite fanfics. So plz don't keep me waiting!
HMRoberts chapter 10 . 4/13/2017
Am floored by the acutely accurate scenes in this (and, frankly, everything) chapter and series.

Only one comment, and it's not directed at you, but one of your other readers:

Eating doesn't "absorb" alcohol in your system. Your gastrointestinal tract breaks down the food into slush and, guess what Your GI tract absorbs the alcohol. There is no "fast fix" for being drunk.

However - the water IS vital.

Alcohol is a poison. The effects experienced by alcohol consumption are due to your central nervous system being poisoned. The organ of the body that processes most toxins is the liver - that's why long-term alcoholics develop cirrhosis of the liver.

Also, alcohol acts as a diuretic: it pulls water out of your body and shoots it through your kidneys and makes you pee, a lot. A hangover is actually mostly with lingering symptoms of your self-poisoning.
More chapter 10 . 3/19/2017
I want to see what Sylvia thinks of Harry's notes and stuff. Mostly I just want to see the next therapy session. So far so good, though. I love both of these stories. I've actually read Those Who Grieve about three times now. You sure do have a way with the english language, and you're very good at making the characters convincing, because they act just like they would in the books. A lot of fanfic writers can't do that very well. Good job, and keep writing!
Guest chapter 1 . 12/17/2016
You shouldn't put the summary in because if someone reads it then they will know what happens and then there's no point in reading the actual story
Snow Leopard Pasha chapter 10 . 11/26/2016
It's a decent chapter, except for one thing...You usually have better luck absorbing alcohol and its effects with food, not water. The food is what actually absorbs the alcohol, which takes it out of the system and means the effect isn't as pronounced...And I'd have thought Snape of all people would know Harry needed food to absorb any alcohol not already in his bloodstream, which there would have been just by the sheer quantity he drank.
BlueWater5 chapter 10 . 11/26/2016
Well written chapter on a sensitive topic. I think Harry's response to his ordeal was realistic.
scarletkiss18 chapter 10 . 11/26/2016
Great chapter...I'm really excited you updated!
Dixie.f.9 chapter 10 . 11/25/2016
So now Severus knows more of what happened and what Harry is feeling. How will their relationship grow?