Reviews for The Green Girl
Faquelia chapter 10 . 5/21
This is the second time I read this and I get to to the same point. I like the way you work with prejudice and political affairs. I mean, there's always this tendency to picture black and white sides saving one or two individuals from each by making them changing sides. But you somehow find the balance among that. Taking a side, acting according to prejudice is a matter of a whole new level of chess-political game. There's no whole good or whole bad sides, thre's only people acting as who they are, as how they are raised to react. At least the people that mattered in the 'dark' side seems to have the real cunning thing out in the field. After all, winning a war doesn't need false empathy, neither superficial kindness nor closed minded believes.
Kawisdom chapter 12 . 5/21
The meeting of Tom Riddle and Hermione Granger was priceless. Her reaction to his gift was amusingly adolescent.
Kawisdom chapter 10 . 5/21
I loved the last line. Because Hermione the muggleborn is theirs, the Slytherins aren't as ready to fall into the pureblood sepremist philosophy. Umbridge isn't going to have things as much her own way as in canon.
It's kind of sad that Professor McGonagall sounded so biased when she spoke to Hermione. She probably intended a kind warning about the bigotry Hermione's bound to suffer but she came off sounding bigoted herself.
Kawisdom chapter 9 . 5/21
You're doing a very good job of showing the worldview that brought so many to follow Voldemort. The Ministry is so morally iffy and cronyism is so much the norm that a smooth, charismatic leader was bound to attract a following. Didn't one of the books say that there were 20 Death Eaters for every one Order member? Even if that's exaggerated there were lots of people who didn't really support the status quo.
If anyone is going to spot cracks in Lord Voldemort's agenda it's Hermione Granger. She'll either give the Death Eaters an edge or become Voldemort's greatest regret.
Kawisdom chapter 8 . 5/21
In canon, Hermione didn't have the female allies she does in this story. She isn't just hurt and jealous, lashing out at an oblivious male. Nope, she knows that she's handling a boy who's disrespected her by treating her as an unvalued possession. So she's showing him otherwise. I don't do fashion but her description sounded lovely. I almost heard jaws clunking as they struck the floor.
In the hex crossfire episode, I was a bit surprised by Snape using the same comment towards a girl who's probably a nonentity in his mind as he did to Hermione who he truly had reason to dislike (theft to brew polyjuice revealed by her botched kitty body, she and the others attacked him to protect Sirius Black and never felt one iota of remorse).
Snape giving Draco relationship advice was as touching as it was surprising. The scene showed him as a man with regrets without making him a soppy, out of character mess. He's basically warned Draco not to blow it.
Kawisdom chapter 7 . 5/21
The changes different friends and influences make in Hermione's character are fascinating. She remains loyal to her friends and has a temper. She's still a top student and no force on earth can make quidditch interesting. She's got that tough, ruthless streak that led her to steal from a teacher and brew a difficult potion in a bathroom in canon. In this one she threatened a teacher's life, although the teacher was brutalizing another student so you'd think she deserves a reward.
Her jealousy towards Pansy is mitigated by the fact that she actually gets along with her, while I don't think she ever got along with any of her female year mates in Gryffindor.
Kawisdom chapter 2 . 5/21
Hermione can be dangerous when she's angry. Dumbledore has no idea what he's begun.
Lovely And awesome for Dramione Lovers
Animekitty47 chapter 21 . 5/17
I loved this twisted tale, thanks for posting it!
Animekitty47 chapter 17 . 5/16
Riddle murdering Umbridge was...satisfying. The whole party was great actually. Hermione holding court, foreshadowing the plan she *must* be working on to take Riddle's place...somehow. That line about not cringing when Riddle's angry was perfect. And Riddle using his canon-compliant face for the fear factor during the battle of the Seven Potters!

Heck, every single thing about your *actually component* Riddle is better than Rowling. It was super annoying how a writer as good as Rowling had such a psychotic manchild for her Big Bad.
Belle chapter 22 . 5/13
And this, Ladies and Gentlemen, boys and girls, is how Harry Potter should have ended. This should of been the storyline and plot. I love it! It's bloody amazing!
Animekitty47 chapter 12 . 5/14
You asked which House people who liked this story consider themselves a part of, I'm over with Luna in Ravenclaw. Still loving evil Hermione too. Voldemort likes Hermione Granger. The hilariousness of this statement should've be enough to power a city for a year. XD
Alyce and Indi chapter 22 . 5/14
Wow, all the answers, yay! Thank you so much.
Alyce and Indi chapter 21 . 5/14
What a wonderful conclusion.

Frank Longbottom and Alice...Black? I really don't remember any other B names, particularly not purebloods.

I did like how the prophecy ended up meaning Neville. I'm not sure if I've seen that before, but I'm positive I haven't seen it well written before. I'd remember that.
Alyce and Indi chapter 20 . 5/14
Slytherin: no longer ostracized.

I only recently read the first Hitchhiker book, but I cracked up at the reference! Not sure if it counts as a riddle, though, since rather than logic it requires having read a specific book (that is probably not the best for eleven- and twelve-year-olds).

Wow. So many characters died. Order members. Guess that's how you write a Voldemort victory.
Hope he doesn't realize Hermione's going to commit near-patricide.
5,783 | « Prev Page 1 .. 4 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 24 .. Last Next »