Reviews for Spirit of Fire
The Time Traveler chapter 23 . 12/13/2018
Nice work on this chapter and it's good to see you writing again. Nice and excellent work! _
BlueLion chapter 22 . 11/10/2018
Thank you for the addition! I still think SOF one of the best fanfictions written in Sailormoon universe (even if Sailormoon doesn't have a role in it).
cindermane chapter 5 . 2/26/2018
Okay. I'm not one to review a whole lot before the story is over, but my holy goodness, I am amazed at how excellent of a job you have done. The writing is quite simply fantastic.

There are of course issues, as they're always are, but they are small, nitpicky things. Mainly how you adress titles. When saying things like soda and candy bars, you'd just capitalize. The italics is saved for novels. You don't even italicize short stories.

Of the top of my head, I can't really think of anything else wrong. Now on to my favorite parts.

It's interesting, I find myself deeply attached to these characters which I know nothing about. I know what's coming, and I dread it for the simple fact that it will hurt them. That's a job well done in that department, which is something I don't find a lot of authors able to do.

My favorite part is your hinting at Sailor Mars, with Phobos and Deimos, and the appearance of the Mars symbol. I really enjoyed the end of this chapter, when they visited Takara, and I get the feeling they're the ones that were excited in the rain.

Once again, overall excellent job. I've definitely learned a lot just by reading your writing. I'll probably review again, so till next time.

-Cindermane

P.S. Sorry for the long review.
espd chapter 21 . 4/7/2016
one of beautiful stories i've ever read. also make me cry a lot. I have no idea rei's life is so miserable. thanks for making a great - touching - lovely story. keep up your great work :)
Guest chapter 16 . 9/10/2014
This is a lovely and well written story. However - I have some issues with it. Buddhism and Shinto are two DIFFERENT religions. A Buddhist funeral rites would not be performed at a Shinto funeral, nor would a Buddhist priest be performing it.
Rubies-In-My-Bloodstream chapter 5 . 9/18/2011
Ah Rei sure comes in with a bang. And Phobos and Deimos(im asuming those are the two crows, Rei's grandfather was talking about) reacations were great. I just wonder about the voices at the end. Rei's parents from her past life? Queen Serenity and Pluto possibly? I guess you know though. Anyway billiant story so far.

PS/ sorry for the long review, i just made longer,

-Mackenzie
leneypoo chapter 18 . 7/24/2011
Okay, I am glad Rei did not let her father wuss out of that confrontation. I was yelling at the screen 'omg don't leave, don't you dare leave!' I would have started crying again if they couldn't come to an understanding. I honestly did not know whether they would be able to do it in this story. But I was hoping and I'm glad that they did.
leneypoo chapter 16 . 7/24/2011
This story has been pretty much a slow tragic trainwreck the whole time, but this is the chapter that's making me cry. Hino-san and Rei are scarily alike. Minoru was right. And I really hope that since reconciliation never happened for Hino and his father, or even Takara and her father, maybe Rei and her father can break the cycle before it's too late.

Rei and her father have people who love them and they seem to want to at least like each other, but it's so sad that they're scared.
Gemna chapter 21 . 1/25/2011
This entire story was absolutely fantastic. I loved every word of it, and could not stop reading it. Fabulous work. I think the ending was exactly right. It was never going to be perfect for them right off, and might never be, but as you said, it was enough. Bravo!
PriestessHelene chapter 21 . 12/24/2009
Sniffle-Those are some beautiful scenes. Wonderful job!
BlueLion chapter 21 . 12/23/2009
nice addition, fitting to the season!

Have a happy Xmas yourself!
xoxoPAUxoxo chapter 21 . 12/22/2009
This is the best character study of Hino Rei, I've ever read, thank you so much for sharing it!

xoxoPAUxoxo
For Eden chapter 18 . 10/25/2009
Wonderful! I enjoyed reading the fic a lot. I usually don't read many non-UsaMamo fics but I decided to give this a shot and I'm glad I did.

I am quite glad you based the fic off of the manga because I feel Rei's character in the anime was annoying. I felt bad and also frustrated with Rei's father - in the beginning he was quite an ass, as expected, but as the years ago on and he finally isolated himself, he was starting to realize how much he cared. I was glad to read a fic where her father isn't just a stupid politician that was cold hearted and would use Rei as a tool ... especially the part where he defended Rei for her 'assault' accusations. It goes to show that he still believed in her and her character. The check part and the emancipation part really did make me feel so sad. It was just the fact that they were unable to communicate with one another ... Beautiful written.

I also loved Rei and Minako's interaction and friendship in this fic. Something that is quite apparent in both the live action and sort of part of the Stars season. Your original characters I felt added to the plot quite well and were not annoying at all.

Great story. It was a wonderful read.
oxomoonieoxo chapter 19 . 12/26/2008
I just wanted to tell you how much I enjoyed reading this story. Your writing style is really beautiful yet quite simple at the same time, in a way I didn't know was possible. You really create emotions so well that I couldn't help but empatize with practically ever character. The plotline is so simple as well but you really created something with so much depth and personality that it was a delight to read. Anyways, I hope you continue you writing because you truly are gifted.
Rena H.M chapter 19 . 12/13/2008
Such a lovely sweet story you have here. I hope you keep on writing.