Reviews for (Un?)Necessary Lessons
You ROCK harder chapter 5 . 11/6/2017
I love that Ranma and Akane are having such sweet moments, Akane is especially pushing their relationship forward bit by tiny bit, but why is he being forced to marry Kasumi in ch 1? Is it because she eventually does find a teacher/way to learn and therefore, disobeying Soun, gets her butt kicked out of the family?
Inquiring minds want to know! :)
You ROCK harder chapter 4 . 11/6/2017
Ah, Soun. So missing the point. At least the Saotomes are on the same page, almost shockingly, so maybe this'll all turn around for poor Akane.
You ROCK harder chapter 3 . 11/5/2017
I guess the battle dogi was right, Akane is the chosen one!
You ROCK harder chapter 2 . 11/5/2017
Hahaha! Akane has no martial arts training...she and Ranma are getting along...and Genma is struck speechless! This was a cute chapter;)
You ROCK harder chapter 1 . 11/4/2017
Told you I was having a blast reading through your stories!

Poor Akane! Poor Ranma! And Pook Kasumi...oh my!
Pata Hikari chapter 1 . 4/21/2017
I really wish that "Guest" had an account so I could review reply directly, but either way. Their criticisms are pretty silly since the entire point of this prologue was to present a shocking situation to make the reader wonder what brought things to this point before flashing back to the events that lead up to it.
Guest chapter 1 . 4/21/2017
Very unlikely in multiple levels.

1 Tsoun will bend over backwards to accommodate and "protect" akane, so she wouldn't be disowned because of the end plot disaster wedding. This is even contradicted by canon.
2 If anyone was going to be kicked out for the wedding debacle, it would have been Nabiki, given she openly admitted to arranging the whole thing and selling tickets.
3 the few times Kasumi shows any characterization at all other than the bland creepily happy home maker, she's opposed to ranma on account of him being a younger man and she's into Tofu, who's a decade older than her for... whatever reasons. Unlikely she'd be blushing and apologizing either in her stripped personality or the hints of another.
jld12345 chapter 5 . 10/26/2016
I really like this premise! I hope you are coming back to this story sometime. Really enjoyed what was there so far.
TexasAvery chapter 5 . 8/21/2016
Jeesh, I never would've thought that one could make a halfway decent argument for Akane to have absolutely zero technical training in the Anything Goes school, but... by jove, you've convinced me that it's a plausible enough twist. I loved, loved, LOVED her discussion of the Art with Ranma; it's so nice to hear an author take a stab at the legitimacy of their school, by adding discussions of ranks, and techniques, and lessons and such. It feels kind of funny saying it, since the series is ostensibly a MARTIAL ARTS comedy, but this element of the story really does get neglected a lot in fan works. You've given us a refreshing reminder that this is something that's, like, supposed to be IMPORTANT to these kids. A passion, if you will? Reason for their engagement? Reason for living, even...?

The other martial arts masters being totally unwilling to go over Soun's head and train her in their dojo(s) is also very culturally-accurate, and really successfully ramps up the tension, because I seeeeennnse that Akane and Ranma might be on the verge of pulling a somewhat desperate maneuver here fairly soon, one that is potentially related to that nail-biter of a prologue. Please update soon. Please? :)
BiGDeal chapter 5 . 4/27/2016
A very interesting plot, especially with the "trailer" of Akane being disowned and her being a martial arts prodigy on close to the same level as Ranma (not in skill levels but in the ability to pick up techniques by watching them.) Going to follow this one. Please keep the updates coming.
BobV chapter 5 . 2/13/2016
Although there are some points that support the idea that Akane never had proper training, there are signs in the manga that she had received some training. Blame Takahashi for the inconsistency. Typical of her for not worrying to give her characters a descent background history.

Even so, the story is good and interesting. Chapter 1 gave us some idea of what's going to happen. I can image why Akane was disowned, but I want to know why Ranma is marrying Kasumi. My guess is that Nodoka have something to do with it.
Balthanon chapter 5 . 12/1/2015
Interesting story so far- unlike some of the other reviews, I like the teaser element in the prologue that indicates things are likely to get worse before they get better (since I have to assume that the story won't end when you get back to that point). Figuring out exactly how that is going to happen is half the fun and there are no end to the examples of "honor" and mistaken viewpoints taken to extremes in the Ranma series to provide the opportunity.

It's really a shame that Ranma stories don't see as much attention as certain other fandoms anymore- I got into fanfiction when it was the dominant anime in that regards and it's still probably my favorite when it comes down to it. It's hard to surface stories like this though, because for the most part they don't receive enough attention on their own.
smashman42 chapter 5 . 11/23/2015
That prologue scared the crap out of me, but once past there the rest of the story is quite unique. It seems crazy, but I don't think it actually contradicts canon at all that Akane isn't formally trained. All that potential demonstrated by her tune with do-chan is making a lot of sense, if this is her self taught imagine her trained properly! I hope the ending shown at the beginning is just trolling us.
Cindy M 19 chapter 1 . 10/30/2015
This is one prologue that makes me hesitant to read the story... But I know your stories are epic, so I will keep reading this, even if this parts almost pains me...
Cindy M 19 chapter 5 . 10/30/2015
Can't Ranma and Akane bribe Happosai into training her? I bet after some panties he could teach Akane. I didn't understood the first chapter...